Massachusetts-Boston

Eloping in Brookline! And restaurant suggestions for mini reception later

Hi everyone! :)

So, we are eloping in a week-point-five (okay, both sets of parents are okay with it so it's technically not eloping but it's more fun to call it that, haha). Does anyone have experience with justice-of-peace cermonies with the Brookline Town Hall clerk? I know we're supposed to make an appointment, but any ideas on how long it takes to get an appointment, and how long it will take? Their website is also not specific about what we need to bring for the "ceremony" or for applying for the license... any thoughts? 

[Also, I guess if people don't have answers, I'll try to post them up for future reference! I couldn't find old posts discussing this]

We're going to go apply for our marriage license this week. Should be pretty fun and hopefully the lines in Brookline aren't as bad as the ones I've heard about for Boston.

Also, we're planning on having a fairly small party for friends and family at some point in the next 6 months. Does anyone have any experience renting out a room in a decent restaurant in the Boston area? We're okay with anything T accessible. I can't think of any "nice" restaurants off the top of my head that have a straight-up party service (aka renting out a room and food in a bowling alley when you're a kid).
- R

Re: Eloping in Brookline! And restaurant suggestions for mini reception later

• For your smaller dinner reception look into into Mistral, Elephant Walk, or KO Prime. Good luck!
  • I had my shower at Mistral.. It was amazing! I highly recommend!
  • Ooh, Mistral has a beautiful back room that holds ~60 people for a private function. It's a completely separate room with its own bar, and the food... yum. (My family held a private party here last fall, and it was amazing!)
  • The FIreplace in Brookline is so nice and very New England. 
  • The FIreplace in Brookline is so nice and very New England. 
  • Ooh, thanks for the suggestions! I totally didn't think about Elephant Walk as a possible venue. I haven't been to Mistral--will definitely try eating there soon to check it out!
  • Also, sorry for double post--in terms of eloping, you don't need anything, haha. You need to know your social, place of birth, and mother/father full names/maiden names, but you should probably already know those. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards