Wedding Etiquette Forum

did everyone take an extra long weekend?

Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?

• salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I am going to see one of my favorite bands play tonight and I'm so exhausted that it's hard to be excited for it. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mandy my heart grew three sizes when you used the word "mayhaps"

I'm here, I'm just busy. But hey, two of my lease favorite office peeps are getting the axe at this very second! So, sad for them, but I can't pretend I'm sorry to see them go.
  • Oh Brie. Ick. I can take eating cold tuna sandwiches (I do that); I can even handle eating tuna out of the can (I used to work with a guy who did that for the protein). I eat a frozen dinner that's cheese tortellini in an alfredo sauce with teeny tiny bits of broccoli in it, and one of the profs whines and whines about it. I can't even smell the broccoli.

But SALMON??????  I'm ready to hurl thinking about it for you.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Oh Brie that is just nasty. We have signs all over the kitchen, "do not microwave fish" and it works 99% of the time thank god!
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:ff3056d3-bc1e-4895-81ff-307120f3f1fc">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mandy my heart grew three sizes when you used the word "mayhaps" I'm here, I'm just busy. But hey, two of my lease favorite office peeps are getting the axe at this very second! So, sad for them, but I can't pretend I'm sorry to see them go.
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Oooh.  Give deets!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:b994221c-eb39-4645-9429-4d3f7f8164c9">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE] cz - my cousin is coming to town this weekend and we'll be packing since we move in a week and a half.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

<div>That's so exciting!  Are you getting really excited or just ready for it to be over with?  I'm sure it will be fantastic once you are all moved in :).</div>
  • The people I work with are extremely fond of all things tuna and salmon.  I really like mild fish filets, like tilapia or sole, but microwaved tuna noodle casserole frozen dinners?  Barf.  And one has taken to making salmon filets/salmon burgers in the toaster.  It's disgusting and apparently I am the odd one out, because there are at least four perps in the office. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Yeah, I don't nuke tuna casserole at work either. That's mean. Make a damn pasta salad and put cold tuna in it, dammit. Then lemon juice, to cut the frigging smell.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • That's not cool.  It's pretty much common curtesy to not cook or bring strong smelling foods into shared kitchen space.  We don't even cook fish in our own house usually; if we're going to have it, it goes straight from the shopping bag to the grill. 

I'm having a crazy day.  The whole thing with Possum, and also we have bats.  I went home on my lunch break to let the bat guy into our house.  He was very cute.  I was disappointed to see that he did not drive actual batmobile. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:8a880cc6-84f1-4566-bdb6-cfb9425e2ec3">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend? : Oooh.  Give deets!
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

<div>It's just two sales reps who in the last year have probably sold about $50k combined. They have quotas of $50k/month. Each. One of them is such a whiny beebee and is always throwing the race card when he's called on his incompetence. The other, I swear there is <em>something wrong with him</em>. We use a specialized database for our client info and they all got training on it when they first started. With this guy, you need to re-train him every couple of weeks because he forgets how to use it. Just... forgets. Yeah, something aint right.</div>
  • mandysmearmandysmear member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Lauren - house is good!  we did our pre walk through yesterday.  all that needs to be fixed is minor paint touch ups.  appliances are being installed on thursday.  we're meeting the lawyer in 2 hours.  eeep!  just keep eating healthy, the rest will follow.  you'll feel better and WANT to work out.  you can do it!  i am off the wagon.  i could use some encouragement too.

leah - montreal ♥ ♥ ♥ i need to go back soon.  but i am never driving there.  NEVER.  my grandma is dying, i might be having to take a trip to marieville soon.

noodle - have you thought of crinoline to make it a little bit fuller?  lots of people do that.

brie - resort work trip - rough life!  but ewwww about the salmon.  that is so beyond disgusting.  OMG.

nda - you need to lay off lots if you're having dreams like that.  you seem a little obsessed with engagement rings.  slow down nelly.  things will happen :)

moose - spa?  lucky!  i'm jealouse.  i'll be chilling with a 3 month and a 3 year old at the zoo where there will be plenty of other brats.  i told my cousin that i can get mean at the zoo.  i am as tall has half the kids and they push their way around.  i paid more for admission than they did.  get the hell outta MY way!

amoro - you need to eat some cake and soon i think :)

georgia - that sucks about the shower.  i would tell your sister to find her own venue too!

salt - what band?

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • yeah let's talk about this bat problem.  like wtf?  is this common.  what's going to happen?  are they going to find their way back in?  or do you have to get some maintenance done to your house now to stop it from happening?  how long  have they been there? 

OMG what the hell did you do when you realized it?  i would have freaked.  i'll take the bats of the snakes though. 

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Fish in the microwave is disgusting.  Save that for your own homes, people.  See, that's what these entitled youngsters are going to grow up and do :).

We were in Portland, Maine for the weekend, which was AMAZING.  I thought of many of you Canadians when we went to a place that had poutine.  I didn't order it (because I was sharing with Mr. Penny and he doesn't like cheese.  Weirdo), but I wanted to!  Also, your fires are making New England very smoky.
  • Heels, that bat drama would just put me over the edge. OVER THE EDGE.

If you need him, do you call him on the red phone? Does he answer the bat signal?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • That's exciting, Mandy.  It would be so neat to customize your home so much.  I love old houses, but our house has so much maintenance.  I might be over old houses after this bat thing; they are going to reseal any areas where the wooden awnings aren't flush against the brick of the house. It's not going to be cheap, methinks. 
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:eac94a4e-ab2f-424c-8caf-51526caa1d0a">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I was disappointed to see that he did not drive actual batmobile. 
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

<div>OMGDED. </div><div>
    </div><div>Manders - The Psychedelic Furs.</div>
  • Brie- that is disgusting. Why wouldn't you at least cook your salmon at home and just reheat it real quick? Gross, gross, gross
    Heels, I love the batmobile comment. Maybe it was in the garage?
    Mandy- I definitely would not say im obsessed with rings, I just have freaking weird dreams.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:b994221c-eb39-4645-9429-4d3f7f8164c9">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]andress- what's up?  why you so sleepy? cz - my cousin is coming to town this weekend and we'll be packing since we move in a week and a half.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

I think it's just general lack of sleep.  We had friends over all weekend and I got around 4 hours of sleep each night.  So my big chance to go to bed early last night was blown because I couldn't sleep at all.  I woke up all through the night and literally layed there staring at the ceiling.  I had a blast this weekend but I am never doing that again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:40e08c29-7feb-4d2f-aef1-2c10108c3412">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend? : It's just two sales reps who in the last year have probably sold about $50k combined. They have quotas of $50k/month. Each. One of them is such a whiny beebee and is always throwing the race card when he's called on his incompetence. The other, I swear there is something wrong with him . We use a specialized database for our client info and they all got training on it when they first started. With this guy, you need to re-train him every couple of weeks because he forgets how to use it. Just... forgets. Yeah, something aint right.
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

How did they make it that long if they only sold their month quota in a year?  That's nuts. What kind of sales?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:96a0d2d5-8de3-49ac-8e5d-c89dac38da15">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend? : OMGDED.  Manders - The Psychedelic Furs.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Cool!  I'll be singing "Pretty in Pink" for the rest of the day :)
  • Well, Hells will have a valid excuse if she ever goes "BSC". :) Seriously though, that would freak me TF out. Those damn things swoop at your head and stuff.

I'm in and out today, trying to keep afloat at work. It's killing me. I worked yesterday until my co-worker and I ditched and went to IKEA. I got the absolute freakin coolest dining room light fixture though, so it's worth having to work extra hard today.
    IKEA PS MASKROS Pendant lamp

• Excellent!  Are they local salt?  cause they sound familiar to me...

Heels, it is a lot of fun!  I love old houses too.  I would have loved to have bought an older house in our current neighbourhood.  But, a decent one with minimal work is at least 500k.  So building was the way to go.  It wasn't nearly as costly as I thought it was.  But, yeah, I forgot - I'm in the fuckin' burbs!  Haha. 

I feel for you and must say I am not envious of the bats.  Like, did you pee your pants?  Was it just flying around your living room?  Tell me the whole story in full detail please.  hehe.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:5e3478c1-e977-4ce1-95ed-700a2beebf8a">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heels, that bat drama would just put me over the edge. OVER THE EDGE. If you need him, do you call him on the red phone? Does he answer the bat signal?
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Yes to all of the above!  He had a flashlight and I fully expected the light to be in the shape of the bat signal.  Humph.

So here's the bat saga recap for those of you I don't have on FB:  came home Saturday, a bat was flying around our house.  We turned off all the lights and opened the front door (none of our windows open) and we waved towels at it until it flew outside.

Sunday at sundown, Mr. Heels went out with a flashlight and looked around the house and there's a whole colony of them living in an area  where the wood comes off the brick near the roof of our house.

Bat guy came over today.  He's pretty awesome.  He took photos of our whole house, especially any areas where there are gaps where the bats could be living.  The first thing he will do is seal up all of those areas so that they can't nest there when we push them out of their current nest. 

The way they get rid of them is very humane.  He sets up some kind of device where they can get out but they can't get back in.

BEST PART:  He can't  set up the device to get rid of the bats until August.  Why?  Because NC has a law that protects baby bats.  Seriously.  If he sets up the trap door and the adult bats all leave, the baby bats will starve to death.  So since they will be "teenage" bats around August, it is ok to set up the trap.  Is that not the battiest thing you have ever heard?

ETA:  Mr Heels and I screamed like little girls, but I was the one who calmed down enough to formulate a plan of action to get it out of the house.  But I still screamed again each time it swooped down on me.

Mr. Heels is convinced that it gave us rabies. We never even came in contact with it, and all of our pets' rabies vaccines are current.  I'm pretty sure we didn't get rabies. 
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:96a0d2d5-8de3-49ac-8e5d-c89dac38da15">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend? :  The Psychedelic Furs.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]
     JEALOUS. Lucky!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:10a6a27c-12ab-48f1-b361-2149c5c4dc8a">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, Hells will have a valid excuse if she ever goes "BSC". :) Seriously though, that would freak me TF out. Those damn things swoop at your head and stuff. I'm in and out today, trying to keep afloat at work. It's killing me. I worked yesterday until my co-worker and I ditched and went to IKEA. I got the absolute freakin coolest dining room light fixture though, so it's worth having to work extra hard today.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

I WANT THAT LIGHT! Is it a PITA to put together?
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:33bc5daf-06e4-4a05-80fd-e29c2e2d4f71">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend? : Cool!  I'll be singing "Pretty in Pink" for the rest of the day :)
    Posted by Moneypenny424[/QUOTE]

<div>YAY! I hope they still have their 80's hair. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>The Furs are a British band that were very popular in the 80's. They broke up for awhile and now they tour again. I have loved them forevers. </div>
  • Heels, I was going to ask if this made you......... batty.

But it was too easy. I keed.
  • I am giving you a hard time mostly roxy.  But, your dreams come from something you think about... and I've notice you post a bit about e-rings in the past.  Secret: i kind of want a different ring setting/style.  I am not the least bit into "oooh let's have nice stuff" but i have some e-ring envy from  being on the knot.

Andress - you definitely can't put a price on good times with friends!  when i go to montana it's like that.  we get about 3 hours sleep then drive home the 5 hours and then crash. 

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Well, that's just crazy, heels. CRAZY.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_did-everyone-extra-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:64db2133-13c4-4338-a3e3-2117cae5027fPost:07333bf1-79eb-42a0-afd7-5b0cf1cb1381">Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: did everyone take an extra long weekend? : I WANT THAT LIGHT! Is it a PITA to put together?
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

I don't know yet. I can't put it together until I move to DH and redecorate our dining area. :( One more fucking thing in my life on hold until my house sells! But I bought it in case they run out. The box is REALLY small, considering the finished size of that sucker is 32" DIA, so I'm guessing it will be an enormous pain in the ass to assemble. :) I call it my Gigantic Dandelion, and I'm in love with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards