June 2012 Weddings

Time Frame

Hi Ladies, 

I was curious of the time frame you all have set decide certain aspects of the big day. I am getting anxious to plan things even though I know it is early!

Re: Time Frame

• I haven't planned anything and I don't plan to till about maybe a year out. I plan to just enjoy my engagement till then.
  • I get way to anxious with planning this. It stresses me out not to have things planned for, so I'll definitely be planning things 'early'. But vendors are still very active in responding to me, even knowing my date.
    I've got my ceremony/reception venue booked, which includes food and bar.
    I have a meeting with the decorator on the 1st of November.
    I have my dress, but that's only because I went shopping for fun with my sister who I wouldn't see again until the wedding, and lucked out in finding THE dress.
    I have selected, but not booked a photobooth, and officiant.
    And I have done some research on photographers, djs, and hair/make up.

I would be freaking out if I didn't have the venue yet... but that's only because I'm a crazy person who plans every stupid thing too far in advance.Tongue out
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2010

I have my church and venue booked. I'm planning on booking my photographer and florist around January. I've realized the sooner you book venues/vendiors the smaller the payments will be.  I hope this helped :o)

June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Right now, I am working on getting the ceremony and reception sites booked. Since it seems to early to do most of the things I want to do (like look at dresses), I have just been collecting ideas for our reception. Mainly, I've been hunting for songs I'd like to use for the reception. I'm planning to do engagement pictures sometime in the spring and will probably also start working on a photo slideshow early next year (since I expect that to be time consuming). I am trying to hold off on looking at wedding dresses until spring/summer... but it isn't easy!!! It makes me crazy not to have things planned, but I'm trying to pace myself. ;)
  • I was just going to make a post about this.

I am trying to get a venue booked because I know and have been told by many reception site coordinators that 2012 is already starting to be booked. My FI thinks i'm crazy, but I really do not want to finally agree on a site, and have to change the date...We are getting our engagement pictures done in a couple weekends because we want to give them as Christmas presents ;)
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • We booked our venue back in July (and we weren't the first to book for a 2012 wedding) and got our photographer (locked in the 2010 price).  Now I'm just collecting ideas for stuff.  I've started some DIY projects since I know our colors.  I won't book florist or DJ until next summer most likely.  The dress and our wedding bands are next on my list of stuff to get.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards