April 2012 Weddings

When should I send out my wedding invitations??!!!

My wedding is April 14,2012? What's to early to send invites out? And when should I send them out? What's a good deadline to set?

Re: When should I send out my wedding invitations??!!!

• A good rule is 6-8 weeks prior to the wedding, especially if you did save the dates (STDs). Any earlier than that and people are likely to forget. This would put you at about the last week of February-ish to send them out and you should make your RSVP date like April 1 at the latest. 

If you did not do STDs, then you can send them a little earlier, like about 10-12 weeks out from your wedding. 

All of that said, perhaps the most important thing this falls on is when your caterer and other vendors need a final headcount. If you check the thread a few down, you'll see that some brides need to pass on that information a month out, meaning you'd need your RSVPs back by March 14 (really a little earlier so you can call those who leave you hanging). My caterer, however, did not need to know until less than a week prior, so here is my timeline:

Starting addressing: soon
    Mail: March 3
    RSVP date: April 7
    Wedding: April 21
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    Erica's right.  The best way to figure it out it seems is to work backwards from when your caterer and/or venue needs a final headcount.  Figure out that date (usually 2-4 weeks before the wedding), and then count backwards 6-8 weeks from there (or 8-12 weeks if you didn't send STD's, like me).

My wedding is 4/29/12 (4 months from today!)
    We are aiming to mail our invites out by February 1st, with a RSVP date of 3/15/12.  Our caterer and venue need a final headcount 4 weeks before the wedding.

HTH!

ETA:  I have my RSVP date 2 weeks before my headcount deadline so I can call the members of my family that forget to mail their cards in, because I know there will be some (and I'm pretty sure I already know who that will be, lol)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_should-send-out-wedding-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:ac7939f7-edbf-4202-9f76-7e92288f742aPost:42be44a9-b8a5-475c-a26e-c6f9e46f925f">Re: When should I send out my wedding invitations??!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A good rule is 6-8 weeks prior to the wedding, especially if you did save the dates (STDs). Any earlier than that and people are likely to forget. This would put you at about the last week of February-ish to send them out and you should make your RSVP date like April 1 at the latest.  If you did not do STDs, then you can send them a little earlier, like about 10-12 weeks out from your wedding.  All of that said, perhaps the most important thing this falls on is when your caterer and other vendors need a final headcount. If you check the thread a few down, you'll see that some brides need to pass on that information a month out, meaning you'd need your RSVPs back by March 14 (really a little earlier so you can call those who leave you hanging). My caterer, however, did not need to know until less than a week prior, so here is my timeline: Starting addressing: soon Mail: <strong><font color="#000000">March 3 RSVP date: April 7 Wedding: April 21
    </font></strong>Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

Since we are date twins and i have been trying to figure my timeline out i think i will follow yours :)
  • Hello date twin!

My wedding is a DW, so I'm not much help.  I'm sending my invites out in a few weeks with a RSVP of March 1st.
  • I am sending mine out on Feb 10th which is 9 weeks, RSVP date March 16th and wedding April 14th. We did not do STDs so I'm trying to get them out early!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_should-send-out-wedding-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:ac7939f7-edbf-4202-9f76-7e92288f742aPost:82f0976a-6ed3-4690-98b6-54a49cefbe6b">Re: When should I send out my wedding invitations??!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erica's right.  The best way to figure it out it seems is to work backwards from when your caterer and/or venue needs a final headcount.  Figure out that date (usually 2-4 weeks before the wedding), and then count backwards 6-8 weeks from there (or 8-12 weeks if you didn't send STD's, like me). <strong>My wedding is 4/29/12 (4 months from today!) We are aiming to mail our invites out by February 1st, with a RSVP date of 3/15/12.  Our caterer and venue need a final headcount 4 weeks before the wedding.</strong> HTH! ETA:  I have my RSVP date 2 weeks before my headcount deadline so I can call the members of my family that forget to mail their cards in, because I know there will be some (and I'm pretty sure I already know who that will be, lol)
    Posted by blgrout[/QUOTE]

Mine too, date twin :-) I was going to send out my invites mid- February with an RSVP date of 3/15/12 also. But I think I am going to follow yours and send them out  February 1st to give everyone a little extra time. I also need my final count 4 weeks before the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Silly quesiton...is that you in the pic?  Love your hair if that's you!
  • I'm actually sending mine at the 3 month mark which will be 1/21/2012. RSVP date is 3/24 so that should give them enough time...cant wait
  • We're having almost 300 guests and I'm planning from out of town I also sent out at the three month mark. I sent out std's too so I figure they'll already have it on the colander and won't forget il not worried =]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards