Chit Chat

XP: Overstock or ebay for e-rings?

Hey everybody,

Has anyone had any experience buying e-rings off ebay or overstock.com? FI and I are a little leery of buying something as an e-ring online, but we're on a tight budget, so......Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: XP: Overstock or ebay for e-rings?

• My ring is from overstock.com.  FI and I are both students, so we really wanted a good deal.  He got me a white sapphire ring from overstock and it was beautiful.  It arrived quickly, with a little signed note that stated it has been looked over and quality assured. If there is something you like on overstock, I wouldn't hesitate.  Also their return policy is great, so if you don't like it, it wouldn't be a problem to send it back. 
  • edited January 2012
    We bought FI's wedding band from Amazon. They have some good prices on simple bands, I probably wouldn't buy something with a gemstone from there (just because I'd want to see it and have it come from a jeweller), but his plain band looks nice and was under $100.
  • My ering came from overstock. H got an amazing deal and I love it. I had it looked over, just in case though, and lime PPs said, they have a great return policy.
  • my e-ring is from ebay and it is beautiful. The seller assured me that if I wanted/needed to return it for any reason that I could. The ring fit perfectly and is beautiful.

Anniversary
  • I was engaged once before and got my ring from e-bay, and while the seller said it was actually diamond, it wasn't. The stone moved around quite a bit; it would literally spin around. I contacted the seller about it and he said it was a "spinner ring". And the ring didn't fit, and the seller wouldn't exchange it.

If you use ebay, just be very, very careful.
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I will state I sold my own old E-ring on eBay because I needed new thousand dollar figure skates a few years ago. The funny thing was I tried to sell it for $500 (worth about 2K) and no one would buy it. It was a 1ct total weight 3 stone. I bumped the price to over $800 and it sold within hours....some people fear a good savings I guess. The buyer was crazy happy as I was I. I sold some other rings on exboyfriendjewelry.com and another piece on craigslist.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you so much, everyone! I appreciate the advice. :-)
  • I'd go with the O

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards