May 2013 Weddings

Heels or Flats?

Is anyone else having a shoe dilemma?  I want to wear heels because of the look, how i feel in them, and well, my fiance is 6 inches taller than me.  But i'm scared to death of being at the reception two hours and wanting to throw them out the window.  I had thought about buying flats to wear at the reception but my dress length will be altered for heels so if i switched to flats it will drag.  What is everyone else doing? 
Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Heels or Flats?

• I have to have a less than 2" heel so will probably go with flats.. FI is only 2" taller than me. I wish I could wear heels because I love them, however I did not buy the extra length on my dress..
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I bought both. I bought my shoes at Famous Footwear and got the second par 1/2 off. I will be in heels for the ceremony and photos and for dances. Then I will slip out of them (the flats will be under the sweetheart table waiting). 
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_heels-or-flats?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:32b05440-34c4-428c-8366-1ea5a03dfbc2Post:de4ee570-5ac1-4f7c-9223-db6506793533">Re: Heels or Flats?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought both. I bought my shoes at Famous Footwear and got the second par 1/2 off. <strong>I will be in heels for the ceremony and photos and for dances. Then I will slip out of them (the flats will be under the sweetheart table waiting). </strong>
    Posted by MamaBear904[/QUOTE]

Same here... I still have to find flats though.... Thinking about getting some converse made.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm wearing flats.  My FI is really close to my height and my feet are really weird so heels hurt most of the time.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I'm wearing slip on Sketchers so flats. FI is just slightly taller than me and my feet really hurt in heels most of the time so there was no way I wanted to be stuck in them all day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm wearing 3in heels. They are super comfortable and hopefully will last all day and night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm wearing heels. I will more than likely be fine all night long in them, if not, drag on!
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I can't make up my mind either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know, either.  I'm leaning toward looking for some low heels.  I think my walk and posture will be better in heels, but I'm also worried that my dress will drag if I change into flats later on.  I'm also considering getting a pair of those VS sandals made from that usual flip-flop material that have some height on them to change into after the ceremony.
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Same here! I'm wearing heels for the ceremony and pictures then my custom converse for the reception

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have to wear flats with my dress and FI isn't much taller than me so I'm fine with it. Plus I know I'll be comfortable all night. 

• I have a small heel that'll hopefully last until the reception then I'll put flats on.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm wearing cons, so flats.  My feet can't handle even the slightest heel, unless I want to have horrible foot cramps for hours after the wedding.

I am looking for some sort of slippery-bottom shoe for our first dance though, as my cons have too much traction and don't slide well for waltzing.
  • I am about a foot shorter than my fiance and still wearing flats.  I want to be able to enjoy the day without thinking about how badly my feet hurt :)  I also found an adorable pair of flats that totally match the skirt to my dress :) 
  • I have like 4inch heels, he is a foot taller than me and no way in you know what do I want to look ridiculously short standing next to him lol.  I am planning on having some flats waiting at the reception though just in case, who cares if the dress drags lol unless your reception is outside it wont really matter and its not like you are wearing it again... [:)]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Pregnancy, Wedding, Home DIY blog!
    Dating: 7.1.2008 Engaged: 11.25.11 Austin: 07.21.12 Wedding: 5.4.2013
  • i think i'm gonna go with the same thing bcbrown63 was saying...if i can find some platform flip flops i can keep my height and be comfy.  Thanks everyone! 
    Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards