Wedding Woes

Stupid baking question

If I bake an apple cake and a brownie at the same time will they taste like each other?

Re: Stupid baking question

• I wouldn't think so. We baked green beans, a sweet potato casserole and rolls at the same time for Thanksgiving (the turkey was in there as well at some point) and they all tasted like they should.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." ~C.S. Lewis
  • That's what I was thinking too.  I do savory together often, but I'm not sure I've every done different sweets.

• I am not sure if they will smell like each other, though, as you may get a bit of cross-contamination. I've never baked sweets together before. Also, be careful as baking two things together at the same time will probably take longer, depending on your oven. So adjust the temperature and keep an eye on things to avoid the tops burning.
  • Would that be a problem?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • no, they wont. I bake cakes and what not together all the time. Btw apple cake sounds delicious!! send some my way! Have you tried a banana cake (with fresh bananas) with cream cheese frosting. YUM! and damn you, now I have to go make a cake! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards