New Jersey

Please share...

Just curious...what are you giving your BM as a gift and how much are you spending on each?

Re: Please share...

• NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I probably spent $120 on each, but I only had 2. They each got a canvas bag with their name on it and then I filled it with personal items I thought each would like. A book, a Starbucks mug/gift card, a pashmina for my friend and a spa robe, pashmina and Eiffel tower change purse with Euros in it for my sister who loves Paris. 
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent about $50 each, I got them personalized makeup bags, flip flops, and restaurant gc, MOH got a spa gc.
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In addition to paying for their hair (I decided as part I'd spare them the expense as part of their gift b/c the all told me they had planned on getting their hair done), I purchased earrings & will be purchasing robes for them to wear. So not including the hair, it'll be about $90/BM (I have 7)

I'm getting my Jr. BM something from Tiffany's - her mom is taking her to their personal salon for hair (b/c she thinks it'll be too overwhelming with everyone else getting ready - she'll only be 10)

I'm getting my FG's pearl bracelets & earrings & a book about being a FG (they'll both be 4)
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got them:
    coach wristlet
    pearl earrings and necklace
    frame
    bottle of wine

It was about $75 for each girl, my MOH's was about $100
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:59686a14-aa36-4c39-9bc8-6f7e675c1ed7Post:378b4d90-42d6-4572-9eed-003e65453a50">Re: Please share...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In addition to paying for their hair (I decided as part I'd spare them the expense as part of their gift b/c the all told me they had planned on getting their hair done), I purchased earrings & will be purchasing robes for them to wear. So not including the hair, it'll be about $90/BM (I have 7) I'm getting my Jr. BM something from Tiffany's - her mom is taking her to their personal salon for hair (b/c she thinks it'll be too overwhelming with everyone else getting ready - she'll only be 10) I'm getting my FG's pearl bracelets & earrings & a book about being a FG (they'll both be 4)
    Posted by LissyM83[/QUOTE]

Have you decided where you are getting your robes from?
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a MOH and 1 BM. Their gifts are totally different. I wanted them to each have things I know they like. For my MOH, I just got her an 8 piece brunch set from Stonewall Kitchen and a trio of makeup bags. I still need to find her a little something else. Around $100 for her. 

For my BM, I got her a pair of earrings and a collection of leatherbound notebooks. She's a singer/songwriter, so she loves that stuff. About $75 for her.

I'm paying for their hair/makeup/jewelry for the wedding too, but I don't really consider that a gift, since it has to do with my wedding.

ETA: Since I'm a Mary Kay consultant, I'll probably get them a bodycare or skincare set that I know they already use, since I can get a good discount on that.
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:59686a14-aa36-4c39-9bc8-6f7e675c1ed7Post:5d1a595b-df05-41b1-9805-7c78b238d230">Re: Please share...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please share... : Have you decided where you are getting your robes from?
    Posted by Shan1214[/QUOTE]

<div>VS has black satin ones (they're wearing black BM dresses)... so probably going to do that. I'll probably get a white one - figured it would look cute in a few pictures </div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I did a coach wristlet in our wedding colors, day-of jewelry and flip flops. 

We also did a pre-wedding spa day and they had their hair/makeup done for the wedding (but I didn't count this as a gift as I really wanted them to have it).  Most of them flew in from out of town and footed their own flight/hotel expenses, and it was more of a girls' weekend type deal. 
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As actual gifts I did a gift card to their favorite restaurant ($25) and a bottle of their favorite wine (Around $20). So that was $45.
    I then also purchased them each a customized hanger ($20 each), which I intended as more of a photo thing, but they all ended up LOVING them (my one BM actually ordered one for her baby shortly after). So basically, I spent $65 on each of their gifts.

I also purchased a wedding day necklace for each of them (I think they were $15ish, which aren't really considered "gifts" because I wanted them worn for the wedding day).

For my MOH, I also purchased a customized makeup bag from Etsy for $15.

So total spent per BM: $80
    Total spent on MOH - $95

(P.S. - I had also made customized caricature cards on Vistaprint that I gave to each of them. They are really cute, definitely check them out).
  • edited December 2011
    I love the hanger idea and the black and white robes!

I want to pay for their hair and makeup and while I know this isn't a gift, I think it's better because it saves them an expense that is only about your wedding.

I also want to get them a little momento about them or our friendship.  They have everything they want or get it for themselves, so I'd rather get them a gift than a necessity.  I'm usually a necessity giver, but I want it to be about the memories.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and after hair, makeup, and the real gifts I will probably be spending $200-$250, which is probably less than their dress and anything they spend on the shower/bachelorette, so I'll still feel guilty lol
  • edited December 2011
    SORRY THIS IS LONG....

I have been debating about this for a while... I want to give my girls something personal but also something nice that they will have forever and isn't just wedding-related.... also don't want to spend a fortune because there are 9 of them!

i am thinking now of getting my BMs each a gold necklace with a charm that is personal to them and/or our relationship... for example, i have a BM who now lives in LA after traveling a lot after we graduated from high school (we've been friends since 4th grade). So her charm will be a compass, bc she is always going places, lol. Another BM is a cousin who just started college and is pursuing an art degree, so i was thinking of a painter's palette for her.

I am also planning to write each one a long letter, frame a nice pic of us together, and maybe get a cute bag to put their gifts in. Planning to spend about $100 on each (the charms i'm looking at are about $45 each without a chain).

Still not sure what to get my MOH, my sister, and i want to get her something REALLY special.

What do you guys think? And any suggestions for my sister? :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:59686a14-aa36-4c39-9bc8-6f7e675c1ed7Post:0d429b57-37e6-4ac1-98a1-5de124043e97">Re: Please share...</a>:
    [QUOTE]. <strong>I then also purchased them each a customized hanger</strong> ($20 each)
    Posted by cindyn9178[/QUOTE]

We're doing the hangers too.. It's going to make for a great pic with all of the dresses AND they make a great gift. 

I have so much, it's adding up. I never know when to stop giving, it makes me happy. =\
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love this thread, because I need all the ideas I can get!!

Originally I wanted to get my girls monogram gold necklaces like the picture below, but once I found the ones I wanted I saw they were like $150!  With 8 girls I just can imagine spending that, so I am looking into alternatives.  I still like the idea though - I think its a classic piece they will all like... hopefully LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Earrings to match their dresses $80 each, 6 girls
  • edited December 2011
    Where did you girls order the hangers from?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards