Wedding Party

How do I handle programs for "absent" bridesmaid?

Long story short, my sister is unable to be my bridesmaid for my wedding in 2 months.  I just found this out 2 weeks ago.  I considered replacing her, but decided to have an uneven bridal party (there were 4 on each side).  I am going to note that she regrets she can't be there, but how can I note that on the program... should I say "honorary" bridesmaid, or just put a note under her name? 

Re: How do I handle programs for "absent" bridesmaid?

• List her as a BM because that's what she is, she just can't be there.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I would either list her as a BM or not list her at all. Putting honorary or writing some sort of explanation will only be awkward.
    Lizzie
  • If you list someone as honorary, I would assume they were either deceased or absent because they were deployed or something similar.

I would just list her as a BM. One of my Bms was due right around our wedding and if she couldn't be in it, she was still going to be listed as a BM. If anyone asked about the fourth BM being absent, I would tell them she was having a baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • One of our groomsmen couldn't make the wedding, but he was still listed on the programs with all the rest of them.  Considering that I'm not sure anyone even took the programs, I guarantee that no one noticed.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards