New York-Long Island
Options

beach venue with sand

I recently got engaged and am trying to plan a mid-late May wedding on Long Island from Maryland.  

Does anyone know of any venues on the beach that will do the ceremony on a (private) sandy beach?  So far I've been able to find two: Crescent Beach Club and Pavilion at Sunken Meadows.  I've got an appointment to see the crescent next Sunday.  

I'm trying to stay as close to NYC (Brooklyn) as possible, because a lot of guests will be coming from that way.  

Oh, and I don't have an extra arm and/or leg to pay for it :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest

Re: beach venue with sand

• Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    LOL about arm and leg :)
    i was going to suggest crescent but you already know about that one. other than that i'm not sure if there are any places that are 'on' the beach. you could probably find tons of places near the beach, have your ceremony there and then a short trip to the reception.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I also wanted something with beach and sand. I looked at Crescent Beach Club, Pavilion at Sunken Meadows, and Land's End in Sayville. I looked at several others with waterview, but no one else had the beach.

The other place you may want to look is Allergria hotel in Long Beach. I believe you can do the ceremony right on the beach. I'm not sure of pricing for them, but the upside is it is walking distance (4-5 blocks) from the Long Island Rail Road so would be really easy for guests coming from the city.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks JenMc!  I'll definitely add those to my list.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your impressions on the venues that you mentioned you visited?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards