October 2012 Weddings

Tasty Tuesday

What's for dinner?

I'm grilling some steak, baked potato and some veggies.  I didn't get a change to batch cook this weekend. 

I am making this for work tomorrow, we are having a soup and sandwich potluck:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/crock-pot-chicken-enchilada-soup.html
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my 2012 shelf:
Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)

Re: Tasty Tuesday

• edited February 2012
    I will be eating out of a lunch box all day. I am headed off to school soon to study study study. Exams all this week and finals next.

I did make my own yogurt in the crockpot yesterday tho, which was pretty neat, so I will be taking that and some fruit with me. Along with some brie I think... need to get off of here and go pack it, lol

HERE is the link to that yogurt if anyone is curious.
  • Dinner tonight is chicken souvlaki (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/chicken-souvlaki-with-grilled-pita-recipe/index.html)

The rest of the week is going to be crazy. I have a party at a friend's tomorrow, parent teacher conferences Thursday, and FI's birthday this weekend :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Danielle - Thanks for the link to the yogurt recipe.  We eat yogurt like crazy and now I may have to try making it myself!!

We are probably going tomake grilled chicken or pork with some veggies for dinner.  I may make some barley too.

Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Tonight is French Onion soup and BLTs.  I won't be home until 8 when FI is walking out the door for work so I premade the soup and one of the few things FI can wrangle on his own is a BLT.

Tomorrow is a Coconut Chicken Curry
    Thursday: Pulled Pork
    Friday: Stuffed Italian chicken breasts and pesto pasta

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • FI and I are going out tonight, so I'm picking up Subway for us to eat on the way. Not very glamorous or exciting. Tomorrow, though, we're doing a whole chicken in the crockpot. Our Oscar pool bet was over who had to wake up early to clean and prep it and get it in there, and I won so I get to sleep in while he does it! ;)
    Anniversary
  • This week is crazy so I think we will be eating super quick and easy meals every night.  We have so much to do and not enough time to do it.  Tonight, we will probably just grab some subway or something quick because we have a ton of errands to run.  Tomorrow we will probably eat out since it's my birthday (and my parents always make me go out to eat for that), Thursday we have to get our grill from my parents house (and they live like 45 minutes away), Friday my FMIL is coming into town and we need to clean, prep, and cook for my birthday party on Saturday.  We will be doing A LOT of cooking for that as I just found out that everyone I invited has said they are coming - all 30 of them!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Cathy - I was so thrown off for a second, seeing you call me Danielle, lol. Not used to that!

So you know, I used 2% milk and dannon oikos yogurt. I strained it through a cheese cloth and then mixed back in about half of the water (which was yellow for some reason) back into the yogurt so it was a good consistency. Ok, and honestly, it tastes a lot more like sour cream than it does like yogurt, which was really frustrating to me because I was all excited... sooo, I don't know if it is because I used the greek yogurt or what? I will be doing some playing around with this recipe definitely... so let me know what you come up with if you try it!
  • Tonight FI made really yummy meatloaf and I mashed up the best potatoes I have ever made!!!!   FI has always said that he hates meatloaf so I was surprised that he agreed when I suggested it for our meal plan this week.  He even offered to make it.  Here is the recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brown-sugar-meatloaf

Also this week we are going to have spaghetti and meatballs, turkey wraps, bacon omelettes, and pizza made on tortilla shells.

We have been doing really well planning weekly meals and sticking to it so we don't order in pizza or chinese.  I think we are on week 5 now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Im making a pork roast, its making my house smell delicious!
    Either tomorrow, or thursday I am making a ham bone soup with beans.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Roly Poly! Tomorrow I'm having subway because you get a free cookie for Leap day and I LOVE subway chocolate chip cookies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards