Latino Weddings

How about STDs??

Anybody here doing Save the Dates? If in Spanish, how will you word it? I know it's not exactly customary for some in our culture, but things are changing these days. Plus, we all know how reliable our people are with dates and times lol so I think STDs are probably a good idea haha! ;-)

I'll probably have half printed in English and the other half printed in Spanish. In a Colombian magazine I have, I've seen STD wording like "Reserva la fecha" or "Marque su calendario" in case anyone is curious lol..

Re: How about STDs??

• lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that either one of those wording would sound fine.  Good Luck!
    Holiday
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do any STDs but any of the those wordings work.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Lol I guess I wasn't very clear, sorry. I'm not concerned about wording. I just posted to maybe start a convo and hear if other brides were planning to do/ have done STDs since it's not very traditional in our cultures. I only posted the wording in case anyone was curious as to how it should be translated, since I've seen that same question around a few times.
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah well then no I didn't.  Good old fashioned word of mouth is how we did it.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I did an Evite Save the date. For those who aren't computer savy I sent a text lol.
    We are getting married in Vegas with only close family and great party friends so nothing is traditional :-D
  • edited December 2011
    I did them just to give OOT guests a heads up.  Everyone thought they were the actual invites, so I have to keep explaning the real invites are coming...lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, 
    I didn't even think about having to translate for the STDs! I just booked my venue so this is the next step to take. I agree with PP that I want to send out an STD for the OOT guests, which will be a lot (FI is from Ireland and my folks are from Peru and Canada).  

So I guess now thinking about it, to save costs, how about doing one in english and spanish? I might have to do it in french as well for french speaking canadian family! 
    Nat

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards