April 2013 Weddings

AW - Taxes!

Hey :)  I just thought I would AW that I did my own taxes on turbo tax without FI or my brother's help!  Go me!  LOL.  I even had 2 W2's this year, which would complicate it, or so I thought.  Easy peasy.  Now I just have to wait until the 30th for them to accept and process it, then I have to wait for my return! 2/3 of it goes to the Honeymoon savings account and the other 1/3 goes to shopping!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: AW - Taxes!

• blondii428blondii428 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Yay! I've been doing my own taxes since I was 16.  It's a piece of cake and I don't know why people pay to have them done.  I just use the free fillable forms on the IRS website and it does everything for you.  Ours is ALL going towards catering which kind of sucks but oh well at least we will be that much less in debt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • I've never done my own taxes but this year is supposed to be my most straightforward year so I'm going to attempt it with Turbo Tax :-)
  • Yay taxes! I started mine a few days ago and the FI's yesterday. I just need to wait for the remainder of the documents to make their way to the mailbox before i can finish and file.

I'm hoping some of the refund we each get will make its way into the wedding budget, but we'll just have to see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

April 2013 March Siggy - Bridesmaid Dress

• ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I've been doing my own on Turbo Tax since I started working.  It's super easy!  This year, though, I've had a lot of complicated things going on so I'm getting them done professionally.  I HATE that I have to pay someone to do them this year, of all years!  lol

Our tax returns will go towards the rehearsal dinner, and the rest will go into our adoption fund.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Do you guys already have your W2's?  I haven't received anything tax related yet from work or in the mail.  My Dad always does my taxes so I am very lucky.  This year I told him the more of a refund you get me the more I contribute to the wedding. lol  I am hoping that we are able to save enough on our own and my refund can go to paying off FI's student loans and towards the adoption fund.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did my own taxes in high school and college when they were more straightforward...although who knows if I did them correctly. In 2012 FI and I purchased a house together before getting married, so we are definitely getting them done professionally. We had them done before that, too, due to moving to a different state...and then FI working in another state for part of the year...it was just messy.

Looking forward to the refund tho! It will start to rebuild our savings since the wedding is pretty much going to wipe us out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • My W-2 came in today.  I went right away and filed them online.  I have done that for years tho.

But - I have been desperate to find my pot of gold and with taxes, I found it!! I should have my return back end of Feb.  All my remaining vendors are due end of March.  PERFECT TIMING!!  I just had a massive relief off my shoulders and am getting a nice chunk of change back this year.  Doing the happy dance!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards