Wedding Etiquette Forum

Let's Get to Know Each Other

I know a lot of regular posters have migrated, but I kind of miss this place. Sooo I thought it'd be nice to get to know some of the newer posters over here, and help cure my boredom on this chilly day :)

Where are you from?

What do you do for a living?

Any pets?

What's your favorite vacation spot?

How did you meet your significant other? What do you like most about him/her?

What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding?

Re: Let's Get to Know Each Other

• good call, Leisel.

Where are you from? grew up in Western Massachusetts, migrated to Northern Virginia

What do you do for a living? im a paralegal in an office that assists people with disabilties.

Any pets? 2 cats, Cheyenne and Ada and a fish named Barney

What's your favorite vacation spot? Tough call.  I love going to my grandparents house in Rhode Island, but I also loved when we went to St Thomas and St John.

How did you meet your significant other? What do you like most about him/her? We met in a college political organization.  I like that FI makes me laugh.

What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding? I think my favorite part will be the ceremony- we are hoping to have a friend officiate it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-get-to-know-each-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7441af80-05b5-4b9e-821f-38bc92af63f0Post:de3d9f1c-4eee-4322-bb39-4329a3f10452">Let's Get to Know Each Other</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know a lot of regular posters have migrated, but I kind of miss this place. Sooo I thought it'd be nice to get to know some of the newer posters over here, and help cure my boredom on this chilly day :)

Where are you from? I'm going to guess Vermont

What do you do for a living? I think that you're probably an interior designer

Any pets? 3 cats?

What's your favorite vacation spot? The Seychelles...

How did you meet your significant other? Hot dog stand at a baseball game? I think he probably offered to buy you a hot dog, then you asked for a veggie burger instead, and he knew at that moment that he would never eat another piece of meat.

What do you like most about him/her? His curly hair

What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding? I'm confused because it looks like you already had your wedding but I would say you were most excited about your beautiful dress!

Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]
  • ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Where are you from?
    Winnipeg, Canada (halfway between Toronto and Vancouver)

My official title is "Student Resources Coordinator" for a private vocational school. Basically I manage an admin office and write for the school's blog

Any pets?

We have 1 furbaby. A cat named Nermal

Internationally I would say Ireland. H and I got married there last year and we both miss it soooooooooooooo much. I also loved South Africa though.
    Within Canada I would say Whiteshell Provincial Park or Montreal. Depending on what I was in the mood for (camping vs. big city)

We both worked at the airport in our city. I worked for the tourism department and he worked in security. I was friends with his dad and we were eventually introduced. What I like most about him is that he completely balances me out. I'm very "type-A" personality and he's a lot more relaxed.

The venue. We got married at Ashford Castle in Western Ireland and it was breath taking. The weather wasn't bad (it drizzled a little but compared to the weather back home it was almost tropical) and we did some Falconry on the castle grounds the day before the wedding (which was my birthday). I feel like the decor and the ambiance in the venue really suited us and it was intimate (just the two of us, the photog, officiant and two witnesses we had never met before :P).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-get-to-know-each-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7441af80-05b5-4b9e-821f-38bc92af63f0Post:a7a8c77b-61e9-47a7-b2a8-63230029a304">Re: Let's Get to Know Each Other</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Let's Get to Know Each Other :
    Posted by Judell789[/QUOTE]

Oh god did I do that wrong?
  • Um, you were supposed to answer the questions about yourself.

• Where are you from?
    I'm from central Illinois, about 2 hours from Chicago. I live about an hour and half from my hometown now, since that's where I go to school.

I'm currently in law school, this is my first year. My husband and his family run a restaurant.

Any pets?
    I have a cat (named Leisel) that I adore.

Amelia Island, FL. My favorite place in the world. My family has a summer home there, and I just love it.

We started dating in high school but met in 8th grade. We go way back :)
    He's a dork and is very kind. But I like a lot of things.

I loved our flowers, especially on the head table. And I loved my dress. My dress inspired the whole thing, really. 
  • Haha, yeah, sorry Judell - answer the questions about yourself so we can get to know you. But I like your gueses a lot!
  • Where are you from?
    Chicago

I'm a ourchasing agent

Any pets?
    2 hamsters (Houdini and Toph)
    2 dogs (Eisenhower and Ellie)
    1 crab (Citizen Snips)
    Too many fish

Las Vegas

We met in highschool / All of him (Does that count?)

Right now my favorute this is the cake. The bakery we picked has some beautiful cakes and they were fantastic when we went for the cake tasting a few weeks ago.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Leisel, I've always wondered who made your dress, because it is the most beautiful thing and it is like it was made just for you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Where are you from?  From Georgia, but live in SC now.

What do you do for a living?  Sales in the building industry

Any pets? No :(

What's your favorite vacation spot?  We don't really vacation (or haven't) and I didn't growing up because I played sports year round.  My favorite place to visit and relax though is Charleston.

How did you meet your significant other? What do you like most about him/her?  We met through my ex on a softball team.  Three years later, he proposed on that same field.  I love that he is witty and makes me laugh all the time.

What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding?  I think my favorite part of our wedding was having so many family and friends in one place.  The food and photbooth come in a close second though.
  • achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Where are you from?
    South-Western Ontario

I do bookkeeping, payroll, HR, scheduling, etc for a small IT company
    Any pets?
    We have a cat, Stella and a Golden Retriever, Lemon

Locally I like to go to Goderich or Niagara. Internationally, most places in Europe do it for me.

We met online. Chris is probably the most unjudgemental person I've ever met. I think that's what I like most about him. Plus he makes me laugh.

I'm really looking forward to our first look.
    Anniversary
  • Where are you from?
    Baltimore
    Just went from being a professional blogger and neurosurgical textbook editor to a stay at home mom. I do some freelance writing here and there, and I picked up a few shifts in a cloth diaper store/natural baby boutique to have play money and talk to adults. 

Any pets?
    A rescued pittie who was a bait dog in a fighting ring and a douchey cat
    US - OBXInternationally - The Caribbean 

We met at work. My favorite thing about him is his sense of humor. 

Would it be totally shallow to say my shoes? My shoes are badass. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, button! It's Vera Wang. And ridiculously comfortable, haha.
  • Where are you from?
     Born in CT live in NYC.

What do you do for a living? I work for a large Bank in legal and compliance.

Any pets? Sadly no.  FI and I are not around enough...

What's your favorite vacation spot? so far: Malaga, Spain.  Growing up, Islemorada, Florida.

How did you meet your significant other? What do you like most about him/her?  We met during a city pub golf game.  He makes me laugh and is a great cook!

What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding? so far just marrying him will be my favorite part.  after that, his dad marrying us, and then my dress.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • From Texas Am a lawyer I have no pets My favorite vacay spot is Vegas I met my fiancé on line. Match.com, I like most about him that he is awesome Favorite thing about my wedding that will happen in less than a month is that it will be in Vegas
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello ladies!

Where are you from? Chicago suburbs (born and raised in western, live in northern now). 
    What do you do for a living?  I am an environmental engineer.  I clean up all the dirty nasty stuff that was dumped in the ground before regulations made it illegal. 
    Any pets?  FI and I have a cat named Oreo.  Here's a picture of him sleeping:

Where's your favorite vacation spot?  I don't get to take too many vacations, but my favorite place I've ever been is Cinque Terre, Italy.  I'm sure Hawaii will be on the list after my HM.
    How did you meet your S/O?  What do you like most about him?  We met on engineering orientation day, freshman year at U Illinois (I-L-L).  We were in the same group for ice breakers and a foil boat building for holding pennies competition (civil engineering at it's finest).  My favorite thing about him is how good he is at making me feel better when I'm down. 

What's your favorite part of your future wedding?  The honeymoon!  I can't wait to be off work for 2.5 weeks.  Actual wedding stuff, I think my favorite part is my dress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-get-to-know-each-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7441af80-05b5-4b9e-821f-38bc92af63f0Post:de3d9f1c-4eee-4322-bb39-4329a3f10452">Let's Get to Know Each Other</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know a lot of regular posters have migrated, but I kind of miss this place. Sooo I thought it'd be nice to get to know some of the newer posters over here, and help cure my boredom on this chilly day :) Where are you from? What do you do for a living? Any pets? What's your favorite vacation spot? How did you meet your significant other? What do you like most about him/her? What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding?
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

Oops sorry! Haha.

Where are you from? New Mexico originally

What do you do for a living? Short/documentary filmmaker

Any pets? No...my cat died over the summer :-( I'm devastated but hope to find a new furry friend soon.

What's your favorite vacation spot? Anywhere in the Mediterranean

How did you meet your significant other? At a protest

What do you like most about him/her? He genuinely makes an effort with everyone. No matter the event, you know there will not be a lonely person in the room because he goes out of his way to make sure everyone feels included.

What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding? I need to rethink a lot of things so I'm not sure yet...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-get-to-know-each-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7441af80-05b5-4b9e-821f-38bc92af63f0Post:bceb0f04-079d-478c-acd9-f95a4ce67d13">Re: Let's Get to Know Each Other</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies! Where are you from?  Chicago suburbs (born and raised in western, live in northern now).  What do you do for a living?  I am an environmental engineer.  I clean up all the dirty nasty stuff that was dumped in the ground before regulations made it illegal.  Any pets?  FI and I have a cat named Oreo.  Here's a picture of him sleeping: Where's your favorite vacation spot?   I don't get to take too many vacations, but my favorite place I've ever been is Cinque Terre, Italy.  I'm sure Hawaii will be on the list after my HM. How did you meet your S/O?  What do you like most about him?   We met on engineering orientation day, freshman year at U Illinois (I-L-L).  We were in the same group for ice breakers and a foil boat building for holding pennies competition (civil engineering at it's finest).  My favorite thing about him is how good he is at making me feel better when I'm down.  What's your favorite part of your future wedding?  The honeymoon!  I can't wait to be off work for 2.5 weeks.  Actual wedding stuff, I think my favorite part is my dress.
    Posted by ericaandtom2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Umm... I-N-I!</div><div>I'm a 1L at Illinois law right now and did my undergrad here :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-get-to-know-each-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7441af80-05b5-4b9e-821f-38bc92af63f0Post:a0b835a6-a34b-4daf-820a-50e61040b0c6">Re: Let's Get to Know Each Other</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you from?   the Midwest What do you do for a living?   work at a dental lab Any pets?   Four dogs: beagle, 2 puggles, 1 English bulldog What's your favorite vacation spot?   too many to choose from as we love to travel to different places How did you meet your significant other? What do you like most about him/her?   Met at a golf course.  I love that we are so much alike and yet so different. What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding?   Seeing my H tear up as I was coming down the aisle when he realized what the song was.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Job- I wanna see pics of your dogs! And, what was the song?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Judell, I'm really curious about the venue you had chosen, since I live in the DC area too. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Where are you from? I live in Dallas now, but was born in Maine and grew up in Kentucky

What do you do for a living? Supervisor at a debt settlement company
    Any pets? sadly, no.

What's your favorite vacation spot? I love going back to Maine, but mostly we've just been traveling to KY to visit my family for holidays. I would love to go back to Europe and tour Italy and Greece someday.

How did you meet your significant other? What do you like most about him/her? J and I met at work 4 years ago. He is probably the most kind and friendly person I've ever met.

What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding? I loved having all of the most important people to us together to share the day with us.
  • Where are you from? From Oklahoma. Lived here all my life. What do you do for a living? Short answer: glorified gate keeper. : Any pets? No pets. But my dad has horses that I enjoy seeing. What's your favorite vacation spot? I will never say no to Disney World. How did you meet your significant other? What do you like most about him/her? We met at church while we both worked there. I love that he works so hard to take care of me. What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding? Other than being married, I loved my dress. It was a perfect ballgown with dropped waist and beading and an epic train.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-get-to-know-each-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7441af80-05b5-4b9e-821f-38bc92af63f0Post:ff09ec96-9adb-4e4c-a3af-728f19f7cf54">Re: Let's Get to Know Each Other</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Get to Know Each Other : My dad has fished a lot of tournaments there!  And my H and I are headed to Key West for his birthday in November.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I loved it there!  My parents had a condo on the bayside near holiday isle.  So we spent every school vacation there for most of my life!!!   I haven't been there since they sold it in 2001.  :(  My BMs are thinking about KW for a bachelorette... Are you guys staying in a hotel on Duval or elsewhere?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • edited September 2012
    Where are you from?
    North Carolina

Real Estate brokerage and management

Any pets?
    1 Pug Lola

Specifically Maui, but really any beach

We met 13 years ago in high school through a friend

We eloped to Maui in July of this year.  I loved everything about it bc it was just about us and there was no drama nor stress.  It was an absolutely perfect day in a perfect setting =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-get-to-know-each-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7441af80-05b5-4b9e-821f-38bc92af63f0Post:c3a6ef73-2577-4b5a-822e-fe9b9601dbf3">Re: Let's Get to Know Each Other</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Get to Know Each Other : We had a string quartet and they did a string version of Jimmy Buffett's 'Come Monday.'  H is beyond a HUGE Buffett fan. This was Charlie coming home with us in February:
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

WANT YOUR DOG.  ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where are you from? rural wisconsin (VERY rural)

What do you do for a living? I'm an artist/graphic designer

Any pets? 3 cockatiels and 8 parakeets (yes, we're a wee bit crazy!)

What's your favorite vacation spot? Vegas baby!

How did you meet your significant other? What do you like most about him/her? We met online. I love so much about him, but the most is probably just how sweet he is, and how wonderfully he treats me.

What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding? Probably the location, but I'm pretty excited about the cake too!

Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-get-to-know-each-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7441af80-05b5-4b9e-821f-38bc92af63f0Post:c3a6ef73-2577-4b5a-822e-fe9b9601dbf3">Re: Let's Get to Know Each Other</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Get to Know Each Other : We had a string quartet and they did a string version of Jimmy Buffett's 'Come Monday.'  H is beyond a HUGE Buffett fan. This was Charlie coming home with us in February:
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh my GOODNESS, I love that song. So much. </div>
  • Where are you from?
    Toronto, Ontario

I'm a teacher, currently only supply teaching.

Any pets?
    No :(
    When FI and I get our own place I will be getting a bunny though!

Anywhere I can sit, relax, and read.

We met in Teacher's College; I love that he is completely understanding of all my crazy and that he loves puns as much as I do!

I am super excited to pick out decor and invitations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Where are you from? NY originally but have been in NC for about 6 years now.

What do you do for a living? Higher education research and evaluation-  college students keep me on my toes!

Any pets? Two furbabies (cats) that DH and I adopted together.  They're his first pets and it's been amazing to see how they've come to interact.

What's your favorite vacation spot? For something exotic, I love the south of France but in reality, its anytime we can get home to NY.

How did you meet your significant other? Waiting tables in college.

What do you like most about him/her?
    He's so willing to listen and go out of his way to do the little things for me.  He's also a geek of the best kind and willing to indulge my own geeky way without criticism.

What's your favorite part of your wedding/future wedding? Our wedding such an honest reflection of us.  We wrote our own ceremony, start to finish, and were really deliberate about choosing elements that meant a lot to us. We also carried a lot of personal touches over to the reception.
    Anniversary

• Where are you from?
    Arizona.  My great-grandmother moved here when she was 2 (in 1900) and every girl in my immediate family since has been born and raised here. 

I babysit rocket scientists.

Any pets?
    2 dogs & a cat. 

The Big Island

We used to work together.  We didn't start dating until years after he left the company though. 

Beside getting married, and having most everyone I love in the same place at the same time, it was my shoes.  I freakin love my shoes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards