California-Los Angeles

LA Beach wedding..August or September?

Okay, so here is the situation. My fiance and I are getting married on Halloween of this year. BUT...we are having our big wedding (actually having guests at it) next year. We have tenatively set the date at September 15, 2011. He is saying that he is okay with any day that I want. Since I want to get married on a beach I am now thinking that maybe we should do sometime at the end of August? 
Ive lived in LA for a year and I cant seem to remember what the end of august will be like...I want a big dress...but strapless..so Im not toooooo concerned about heat. What do you guys think? Beach wedding...end of August or Mid September? 
Also I want people to be able to make it and I know that summer is a better time for that...HELP!

xoxo

Re: LA Beach wedding..August or September?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Either month will be fine.  It usually stays warm for a while.

As for your "big wedding" it should be referred to as a vow renewal.  Your wedding is October 31, 2010.  It only happens once.  It's fine to have your vow renewal the same way you would have a wedding but it shouldn't be referred to as a wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_la-beach-weddingaugust-september?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:c8935897-d0c1-45cd-b5eb-0cb144d0c409Post:8032480a-525d-42b3-a9b2-3cf1b93c073d">LA Beach wedding..August or September?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, so here is the situation. My fiance and I are getting married on Halloween of this year. BUT...we are having our big wedding (actually having guests at it) next year. We have tenatively set the date at September 15, 2011. He is saying that he is okay with any day that I want. Since I want to get married on a beach I am now thinking that maybe we should do sometime at the end of August?  Ive lived in LA for a year and I cant seem to remember what the end of august will be like...I want a big dress...but strapless..so Im not toooooo concerned about heat. What do you guys think? Beach wedding...end of August or Mid September?  Also I want people to be able to make it and I know that summer is a better time for that...HELP! xoxo
    Posted by RenadaFreeland[/QUOTE]
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually the beach is like 80s in summer with a breeze.  Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd go with September. It won't be quite as hot.

I agree with jagore re: vow renewal.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • geal3456geal3456 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with September, because it is cooler not so hot. Also because I was looking into doing a beach wedding as well and they actually told me September was one of the best months because it is still great weather, but not very crowded as it would be during the summer months because they don't stop visitors from going to the beach.
  • suebeebridesuebeebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes September is even hotter than august, I've lived here for about 8 years.  The good thing is that the beach is usually beautiful (not sure which beach you will be at), but those are the 3 best months to beach it.  I would say Sept will be great on the beach but August should be nice too if you feel more people will be able to take off.  Have a great time!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input ladies! We have decided to do August 31st...a few members of my family are in school (attending or teaching) up in Canada so that is close enough to september that we will hopefully have some perfect weather and I wont die of heat stroke in my dress!

Now onto the rest of the planning! 
  • lexi'smamilexi'smami member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not too hot in the Beach in August or September so you should be perfectly fine.

Oh yes vow renewal...I should be saying that too because I'm already married. (eloped in Vegas) 

Sorry for changing the subject but how would your invites read if you are already married but are having the "big party with the white dress"
    Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned. Song of Solomon 8:7
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards