March 2012 Weddings
Options

What is your...

...something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue?
BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog

Re: What is your...

• Options
    edited February 2012
    My something old is my MOH's tiara/veil from her wedding
    My something new is my dress
    My something borrowed is (again) my MOH's tiara/veil from her wedding
    My something blue is my shoes

Is it bad to use the tiara/veil as both my old and borrowed? I don't know what else I would use for the old part!!

ETA: Just talked to my mom, and she has her mom's old wedding ring and my dad's grandmother's old wedding ring. So I'm going to use those for my something old and tie them to my bouquet ribbons.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    Old: my grandmother's diamond in my e-ring
    New: dress, shoes, veil
    Borrowed: A ring from FI's grandmother that his mother is lending me
    Blue: My e-ring, jewelry, bling on my dress and shoes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Old / Borrowed... my grandmother's pearls
    New... my dress and pretty much everything else
    Blue... my garter
  • Options
    elidellioelidellio member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Old: Not sure yet. If I don't come up with anything else it will be my veil.

New: Dress, shoes, etc.

Borrowed: My veil. I borrowed it from FSIL.

Blue: A handkerchief with a blue heart on it that my sister gave to me. Our oldest sister gave her when she got married so that makes it even more special. I'm planning to carry it in my pocket. I'm also going to have blue on my garter.

March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My something old is a cut up piece of robe that belonged to my mom's mom, sewn in my dress.

My something new is everything else

My something borrowed is one of my really good friend's earrings

My something blue is my Cowboys Garter
  • Options
    New- my dress
    Old- a butterfly brooch from the 1920s that will be pinned on my bouquet
    Borrowed- my aunt's bracelet
    Blue- my garter and undies have blue bows

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Old: I have a golden heart pendant that my father gave me when I was about 14 that says "#1 daughter" on it - its a joke between us since I am the only girl, I will have this on a gold safety pin, pined to the inside of my dress.
    New: My dress, shoes, underwear
    Borrowed: Not sure yet, my mom is supposed to bring her pearl necklace, and I believe I am just going to wrap it around my wrist twice and wear it as a bracelet.
    Blue: The 'I do' on my shoes, and I have blue on my garter
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Hmm...
    Old: I don't have something yet...guess, I need to work on that...
    New: Dress, shoes, earrings, tiara & veil
    Borrowed: I'm borrowing my GF's diamond bracelet, she was going to wear it for her wedding a few years ago, but her husband gave her one at the RD...
    Blue: My Garter...
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aks3131Aks3131 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Old: I don't have anything old yet I guess I need to find something 
    New: My dress, jewelry, & shoes 
    Borrowed:My mom has a white bag with sparkles on it that I'm going to use to keep any cards in that our guest give us
    Blue: Everything? My colors are blue & silver so I guess my bouquet since it will have blue flowers in it and I have blue I Do stickers to go on the bottom of my shoes
  • Options
    Something old: Haven't figured that out yet
    Something new: Dress, shoes, earrings
    Something borrowed: Borrowing my SIL crinoline slip
    Something Blue: My earrings have blue swarovsky crystals
  • Options
    Something new: dress
    Something old: A hankerchif that my grandmother let me use (she is 90), I am going to pin it to the inside of my dress
    Something borrowed: my veil. It belongs to one of my BM, she wore it in her wedding in 2007 and I was her MOH.
    Something blue: I have a lot of that. My shoes, my garter and my jewelry.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Something old: My engagement ring that was my grandmother's
    Something new: Dress, shoes, jewelry
    Something borrowed: ? I may ask my mom for my dad's wedding ring to tie to my bouquet.
    Something Blue: my garter
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_what-is-your-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:2e723e43-3b39-4ba4-a4a7-858273b4e370Post:6eea2d1a-0030-4767-970e-8808292f6b92">Re: What is your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Borrowed: Not sure yet, my mom is supposed to bring her pearl necklace, and I believe I am just going to wrap it around my wrist twice and wear it as a bracelet. 
    Posted by amh04[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, that's a great idea!  I was trying to decide between a pearl necklace a friend of mine got me and one I have that belonged to my grandmother.  I think I can wear the one from my grandmother as a something old as a bracelet.  The one from my friend is graduated pearls and a bit shorter, I think it goes better with the dress.</div>
  • Options
    Something old: my mom's garter from her wedding
    Something new: my dress, shoes, hair clip
    Something borrowed:diamond and sapphire jewlery from dear family freind who passed away last year 
    Something blue:my shoes!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Something new: dress, shoes, veil, tiara, earrings, necklace
    Something blue: I do on the bottom of my shoes and our wedding date stitched in blue in my wedding dress
    Something old: crystal bobby pins I'll wear in my hair
    Something borrowed: not 100% sure about this one - either a brooch for my bouquet or a diamond bracelet. I'm supposed to see both tomorrow, then I'll decide.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards