Wedding Etiquette Forum

Talk to me people...Night Thread

Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread

• Birdie, the photographer cancelled because of the rain, so we're rescheduled for July 2nd. I'll probably be at the shore the weekend before that too, but I'll make sure I put on sunscreen this time.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • MK, recipe please.
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Leisel, I just want to say that I love your dress.  It is so pretty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Birdie, I think $50 is kind of expensive. I've paid that much before but I didn't like it.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:4f9036d3-f80c-4b06-8c19-04717a48457b">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and I had every intention of joining a gym tonight after work and starting the C25K program, but the cramps and headache kind of got in the way. Is $50/month crazy for a gym membership?
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

Depends on what your getting for the $50.00. 24 hour access? Classes? lots of quipment? etc. That's what determines how much I'm willing to pay. We pay $60 a month for the two of us, but the gym is small and has no classes. It is 24 hour access though.
  • Thanks, rsanna!
  • I'm hoping with the shorter drive from work, I will be more likely to go afterward. It makes it more difficult if I leave work late or think about having to drive so far to the gym. I don't have many good excuses with it only being 10 minutes away.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I looked up memberships here and it looks like it's around $30/month for just me. This is also 24 access for both gyms I looked up.

$50 seems steep to me, but I don't have a clue and I live in a pretty rural area.
  • The Y I belong to is like $60 a month, but I get financial assistance, so I pay $30. I would probably pay the $60 if I couldn't get the financial aisstance and I could afford it though.
  • Yeah, the gym I paid $50 for was not 24 hours and did not have a pool. And outdoor pool might have made it worth it for me.

I hate when gyms include daycare in the price for everyone because I don't use it. I should make them take care of my cats so I can get my moneys worth.
    Photobucket
  • Here you go Mica:

http://abitchinkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/05/double-dark-chocolate-yogurt-muffins.html

They are really good because they're not super sweet, but you get a punch of sweetness with the chocolate chips. I had one warm out of the oven. I'll be curious to see what they taste like tomorrow once they've cooled.
  • mk, it's going ok. :( Ready for him to be here. It's not TOO bad during the week, but it's really depressing saying goodbye on Sunday nights when he drives back. And it's been pretty emotional lately living in my aunt's house and going through all of these changes and it would be nice to have my rock with me.

The $50-something membership is for a gym that has 4 locations. At least one (near me) is open 24 hours and they all have classes. The YMCA is like $5 cheaper. It just seems really expensive because it was like $30/person in Louisville.
  • I'd pay $60 for the Y because they normally have a pool. If a gym has a pool I'm definitely willing to pay more.
  • Mk, those look AMAZING. 
  • Hmm, I think classes might make it worth it and 24 hour access is good. 
  • I pay $25 for me and $30 for H.  We have nationwide access (there are 4 gyms in our area) and 24 hour access.
    There are a few classes but no pools.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:cf73f65e-1ec3-4e2d-9d80-38682754fe8e">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]mk, it's going ok. :( Ready for him to be here. It's not TOO bad during the week, <strong>but it's really depressing saying goodbye on Sunday nights when he drives back</strong>. And it's been pretty emotional lately living in my aunt's house and going through all of these changes and it would be nice to have my rock with me. The $50-something membership is for a gym that has 4 locations. At least one (near me) is open 24 hours and they all have classes. The YMCA is like $5 cheaper. It just seems really expensive because it was like $30/person in Louisville.

This is always the hardest part. How much longer before he moves? Although I got so used to being by myself during the week, that some Sundays I was ready for him to leave so I could be alone again. But we did long distance for so long that I'm used to that feeling.
  • Oh yeah and I get to use our gym membership at any other location so if we move and there's one near us I don't have to find a new gym.

Having classes & 24 hour access I think would make the $50 a month worth it for me. Especially if it's the best deal around.
  • And apparently I forgot to lock the gate and one of my horses got out.  Thankfully the neighbor found him before he got to the road and he's got arthritis in his knees so he doesn't run.

Thank goodness the other 2 didn't figure it out. 
  • I can sympathize Birdie. FI and I (back when he was boyfriend) did long distance for 2 1/2 years. It sucked.
  • The gym right next to my work doesn't have a pool or 24 hour access, but there is another a few miles away that does.

You know what I don't get? Why gyms only offer classes until 5:30 or 6. I know there are people who don't have 9-5 jobs, but there are plenty of us that do that want to go to classes!

MK, we're hoping he'll be here by sometime in August. We still have to put the Louisville house up for sale and we can't afford for him to move before it sells.
  • I wish I was motivated enough to go to a gym. I'm more of a work out at home kinda person. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:3aa0245e-8d55-4b24-a52e-6ecf2e91f50e">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can sympathize Birdie. FI and I (back when he was boyfriend) did long distance for 2 1/2 years. It sucked.
    Posted by mjmchugh86[/QUOTE]

Yeah so did we. It's much worse though after you're married and have lived with each other for 4 years. :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:0cc0eb36-a5d1-4947-ba1e-fed87749596b">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I was motivated enough to go to a gym. I'm more of a work out at home kinda person. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

My original plan was to try to just run in the neighborhood, but I realized today it would be way to easy to convince myself it was too hot to run outside.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:6f442e09-640c-4574-9343-5b3fcaeb7c06">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : Yeah so did we. It's much worse though after you're married and have lived with each other for 4 years. :(

Oh I am sure. Sending positive vibes your way.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:821d8d99-b0d6-4db5-8089-fd57a2e35d61">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : Speaking of, we're almost wedding twins:D  Am I the only one ready to rip my hair out because I just want to PLAN?
    Posted by beautifulvice[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope, we've got 2 years or so to go, and all i want to do is finalize something</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hey ladies.

How is it going?   Dh is on his way back from Naples (FL).  I'm cooking up some mashed potatoes and a filet.   

I guess I didn't realize how much DH plays with Chef D because he has been driving me crazy these last few days.    I do about 60% of the feedings and 90% of the walking.  I guess while I was bittching about him not helping he was playing.  Now DH is gone all he does is bring me toys to throw or climbing on top of me.  He even  slept on my head for the last 3  nights.  I wonder if he does that to hm?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:06b9d0cc-ad8e-4103-9cd0-44172ca3253b">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : My original plan was to try to just run in the neighborhood, but I realized today it would be way to easy to convince myself it was too hot to run outside.

<div>Ha, running is another thing I was I was motivated to do. I think I've run one mile once in my life, and it was a PE requirement in high school. I just hate, hate, hate running. </div>
  • I hate that Birdie!!! I want to take a freaking class and can never do it!

Good luck on selling the house. Hopefully you have better luck than we have.
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Birdie, that may be something my FI and I will have to do. He is going to grad school for sure, but I haven't made up my mind and still have time.  But there is the simple fact that I may get a job where he isn't going to school, or I could go to grad school as well and neither of us will be close to each other. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards