Texas-San Antonio

Rehearsal Dinner North SanAntonio

Hello! I'm a newbie here - but I'm trying to help out my family in searching for a rehearsal dinner venue. They'd ideally like a private room and a restaurant with "character" - not a nationwide chain restaurant, I should say.

The rehearsal is at Holy Trinity Catholic Church and they'd like to stay close and not go into downtown because there is a HUGE convention that weekend.

Also - no mexican food.

Please let me know if you ladies have any ideas! I really appreciate it.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner North SanAntonio

• edited December 2011
    Paesanos has a location near Stone Oak, right off 1604. The food is really good, and it's definitely local. It's not the chapest though. Oh, and it's Italian food.
  • edited December 2011
    Any La Madelines will have a private room. They offer a variety of food for under 10 a plate.
  • edited December 2011

Although I wouldn't say its close to Holy Trinity, you could check out Scenic Loop Cafe, they are near Leon Springs/Boerne.  My brother and his wife had their rehearsal there and the food was good and the space was huge.
    There is also Bravo which has a nice private room and reasonable prices (probably a bit cheaper than Paesanos).  It is at La Cantera near PF Changs.  We considered having our rehearsal dinner there but ended up doing it at Maggiano's due to space.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When I lived in San Antonio, my friends and I would always stop by Silo for apps or full meals.  It is very local and oh so delicious.  We went to the Alamo Heights location, but there is a location on 1604 near 281.  I would also recommend Paesano's.  Have you heard of CoCo?  I've heard they have a unique menu, I'm hoping to try it on one of my visits to San Antonio.  Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    Coco is awesome. And Silo at 1604 is really nice, but can be pricy.  Kirby's steakhouse is right there and it is pretty good.  What about Pavil or watermark?  Both are nice and have semi-private areas.  

Good luck!! 
  • HikeBanditHikeBandit member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not from San Antonio so I don't know where "north" begins, but we just came back from a wedding there and the rehearsal dinner was in the Sushihana Japanese Restaurant private banquet hall. It was very good. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards