Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Please style me, I'm lost. (Long, but lots of PIPS!)

Hi everyone.....for some reason, I'm seriously doubting all my decisions about my wedding day style.  My hair trial isn't for another month, but I can't wait to til them to feel a bit more confident about my choices! So I'm asking for help.

Here is my dress.  This is the dirty, wrinkled sample dress that was too big. This is not my veil. My veil is a two-tier scattered pearl fingertip length veil, no edging.

I am torn between these shoes:
Style one - except SLINGBACK     Style two.

I'm super duper torn between two things.  One is adding a one-shoulder strap that would continue the line of rosettes up and over the shoulder. This would be removable for the reception.  Thoughts?

ETA:  if I do not do a shoulder strap, what are thoughts on leaving the flowers as-is, or removing the top few so it starts under the bust.

The other is my hair, which also coordinates with my earrings and hair fascinator.   Earring Option 2 I don't have PIP for, but they are larger pearl drops with sparkly tops.  Also planning a double-strand bracelet and no necklace.
Fascinator                                 Earrings 1

Torn between wearing my hair in a loose updo or wearing it softer and down.

I feel dumb even posting this, but I'm just second guessing everything.  So without putting any of my personal opinions into this post, I'm just asking for your opinions! Thank you honest, virtual friends. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Please style me, I'm lost. (Long, but lots of PIPS!)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does your hair tend to get frizzy easily? I wanted to wear my hair down - but it frizzes sooooo easily, that I didn't want to take a chance, so I'm doing a loose updo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of your ideas are similar to mine! Long loose curls, hair flower is very similar, and so are the earrings! I LOVE all of it, haha! ;-)
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love shoe option #1. Really, really cute!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am still a fan of the strapped shoe!

I like both hair styles. BUT take into consideration it can still be in the 80's for your October wedding! I have lots.of.thick.hair so my hair is going to be completely up plus my hair becomes a curly frizzy mess when I sweat. If you don't have these problems you can go either way.

I think if you wear your hair up wear the bigger earrings but if you wear it down the smaller earrings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I don't like shoulder staps, and I like the shoe with the ruffles on the back! :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicole - I sort of thought the opposite...hair up smaller earrings, hair down bigger ones....

My hair does get frizzy, but I think it'll be okay professionally done. We're doing all the pictures outside before the ceremony. After that I'll pretty much be inside the rest of the day/night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my hair get tangled into earrings easily that's what I said opposite. how much bigger are the "big" earrings?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really, not that much bigger.  They are pearl drops, but the pearls are bigger than the earrings I posted.  FI didn't like them because he said they reminded him of christmas tree ornaments.  haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shoe style one
    Leave roses as-is
    I like either hair styles. Personally If I wear my hair back I wear shorter earrings and longer ones when I wear my hair down.
    I like the Taylor Swift hair style slightly more.
    *** this is my opinion before reading other posts ***

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your dress is pretty and once you get your own fitted to your body, your thoughts may change completely because it will look different.  You'll notice in my opinions that I'm all about comfort!

Are you comfortable in strapless?  If you are, then just leave the dress as-is.  I like the idea of one strap on the side with the flowers, but if I did that I would make the neckline more sweetheart to give it shape.

I like both shoes and dont think you can go wrong.  It looks like the dress is a lighter organza material (I could be wrong), which I would pair with the second shoe.  Plus the ankle strap on the shoe will make you feel more stable.

Since the dress is strapless, I say go for the bigger/longer earring.  I like both hair styles, so that'll be up to you :)  It seems from some of the pics you've posted that you often wear your hair down, so maybe 1/2 down is more "your look"?

I understand you wanting style help, but really do what you're most comfotable with!  I'm sure mom will tell you if something is wrong lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

**Post reading comments**
    I think with the heat you would be better with your hair up, just for your own comfort.
    Are the other earrings longer or the same length?
    I guess it depends on how big the pearl is.
    I would suggest taking both on the day of. Plan for one, but grab the other incase you change your mind that morning.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aren't you going to see/try on the dress tomorrow?  I agree with drink to just bring it all!  You can compare them in person, with the dress on.  If you still can't decide keep them until the wedding day and make it a game time decision or ask your BMs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, seeing the dress tomorrow! So maybe this post should have waited, haha.  I am going to take everything with me tomorrow.  Its not my first fitting though, so I'm not sure how patient they will be with me trying things on.

MH - yeah, I wear my hair halfup/halfdown a lot, but that's actually why I thought about wearing it up, so it doesn't look like a style I wear all the time.  I thought wearing my hair up would be a little more of a "glam" look.  My mother, however, things the dress is flowy, so my hair should be as well.

I'm good in strapless, the dress has a nice structure to it.  The one-shoulder was a last minute idea and I think actually getting it made will be a PITA and if I end up not liking it.... maybe if I was just dress shopping now I'd look at one-shoulder dresses since they seem to be the popular style right now.  But I'll probably keep the dress as is.

Thanks for the feedback! This is all really helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always heard you should wear your hair like you wear it normally, if you wear it down all the time you should keep it down, and vice-versa. I wear it down when I am out, so I will have it down but pulled back so my hair is not in my way at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_please-style-im-lost-long-but-lots-of-pips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3a947c5a-38c2-4350-b98d-6942364b4940Post:67f5692a-2ef7-4657-b5d2-84afb35b28a0">Re: Please style me, I'm lost. (Long, but lots of PIPS!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always heard you should wear your hair like you wear it normally, if you wear it down all the time you should keep it down, and vice-versa. I wear it down when I am out, so I will have it down but pulled back so my hair is not in my way at all.
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

Yes!  I think its so you look like YOU.  I usually have my hair up because I'm lazy, and I'm wearing it up on the wedding day because I want it out of my face and not sticking to me in the heat!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly why MH. Just like if you don't wear a lot of make up, you don't want to wear so much that you look like a clown. FI is marrying you, so just try to look like yourself, but a slightly more put together version. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_please-style-im-lost-long-but-lots-of-pips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:3a947c5a-38c2-4350-b98d-6942364b4940Post:70c34262-9fbe-4e71-8588-23acb100bd1d">Re: Please style me, I'm lost. (Long, but lots of PIPS!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please style me, I'm lost. (Long, but lots of PIPS!) : Yes!  I think its so you look like YOU. <strong> I usually have my hair up because I'm lazy, and I'm wearing it up on the wedding day because I want it out of my face and not sticking to me in the heat!
    </strong>Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

your are my long lost twin!

and I just re-read OP. Since your not wearing a necklace I would stick with the bigger earrings either way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_please-style-im-lost-long-but-lots-of-pips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3a947c5a-38c2-4350-b98d-6942364b4940Post:e2645c64-032c-427f-b374-f269b3fe8ba5">Re: Please style me, I'm lost. (Long, but lots of PIPS!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please style me, I'm lost. (Long, but lots of PIPS!) : your are my long lost twin!
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

I think my coworkers think I'm the biggest tomboy... but I clean up nice on the weekend  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally get wanting to look like  a souped-up version of yourself.  I guess I feel like its a special day and I want to look special, not like I do every day.  

I am seriously the ONLY person in my office right now and I'm trapped here until FI comes at 5.  I guess now would be a good time to look at hair/makeup pics. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore my hair down with just the front pulled up because I try to wear my hair down when I go out, but I usually wear it up because it was too long for me to deal with styling it everyday. On a normal day I wear little to no make-up, but when I go out I do wear make-up which was very similar to how it was done on my wedding day.
    I think just take time tomorrow with everything and decided what you want to look like ... seeing it all together will help because it's hard to piece things together in your mind.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_please-style-im-lost-long-but-lots-of-pips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3a947c5a-38c2-4350-b98d-6942364b4940Post:20eb676a-48cc-4a8d-860a-08fbdf7b4b41">Re: Please style me, I'm lost. (Long, but lots of PIPS!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore my hair down with just the front pulled up because I try to wear my hair down when I go out, but I usually wear it up because it was too long for me to deal with styling it everyday. On a normal day I wear little to no make-up, but when I go out I do wear make-up which was very similar to how it was done on my wedding day.
    Posted by drink227[/QUOTE]

I am exactly the same right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote for shoe #2.
    I think you should wear your hair up.  I just think brides look gorgeous with their hair back... especially if you have a strapless dress! I think your back and neckline should be fully exposed.
    I'd say be glamorous and go for the bigger earrings :)
    I think you made the perfect choice of wearing earrings and bracelet, no necklace...

PS - don't feel dumb for posting this.  I just posted about pens.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Tacc- that totally made me laugh.

I started searching for some inspiration pics.  I think I found something that will solve my hairup/hairdown dilemma!

PS - I definitely saved this in my computer as "scary hair"  And yes, this comes from a wedding website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_please-style-im-lost-long-but-lots-of-pips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3a947c5a-38c2-4350-b98d-6942364b4940Post:29040a4d-d661-4501-9386-7881d0843e80">Re: Please style me, I'm lost. (Long, but lots of PIPS!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tacc- that totally made me laugh. I started searching for some inspiration pics.  I think I found something that will solve my hairup/hairdown dilemma! PS - I definitely saved this in my computer as "scary hair"  And yes, this comes from a wedding website.
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

OH MY GOSH! Scary is right.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Maybe for a Trash the Dress shoot ... maybe not ....

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I only skimmed the thread here, but first things first...  you should definitely not be concerned about spending time at the store even though it's not a fitting.  I went on Wednesday for the same reason, and I think it's perfectly normal/acceptable to go with everything you have so far to get a feel for what you still need and what you have that you might still be unsure about.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the peep toes, but it's your day!  Personally, I wouldn't bother messing with the strap - your dress is GORGEOUS and will look even more amazing on you when it's the right size!!

As far as the hair goes, I was having all of the same issues/concerns you are.  That's why I was so excited when i came accross this (I know there are a million brides on here that have it is their hair pic):

It's an updo, but still has some of the features of a half updo (hair in the face, flowy curls, etc.).  It allowed hair off the back of your neck and showing off big earrings too!  Not sure if you like it, but I obviously LOVE it!

Can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you've gotten enough advice...so my only advice at the moment is to take a step back and breathe.  The moe you stare at these things the more you're going to frustrate yourself with a lack of a decision  After you try your things on with when you try on your dress take a couple days not to look at them.  Then go back.  If you stll make the same choice, thats the right choice for you.  If not?  Wash, rinse, repeat until you have tries where you make the same decision. 

Then take all the other stuff the day of, like everyone else said.
    Photobucket

september siggy challenge! my colours!

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other's eyes but looking outwards at the same direction." - The Little Prince Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I need to add much more but I wanted to wish you lots of fun with trying your dress on!! :D
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards