Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Flower names instead of Table numbers

Does anyone know where I could get / make table cards with a picture of the type of flower, and name of flower printed on them? I CANNOT draw so I need a better way of doing this.

Any suggestions? Websites to find these?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower names instead of Table numbers

• Options
    You could always take the pictures yourself.  If you live in the DC Area, perhaps you could go to the national aborteum?  Then upload the pictures to your computer.  Then use any software program you like: photoshop, publisher, or Word.  Then you can have the table named how you would like.

Just a tip if you decide to do this.  Make a seating map of where the different tables will be when guests enter the reception room.  Otherwise, your guests will be looking all over for the Orchid table. . .
  • Options
    I was actually going to have the tables labeled with the flower name, but also at the entrance have a table with the flower name and their name cards grouped together. Is that too confusing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have the name cards in ABC order, less confusing for guests. You can either take pictures of the flower you want or google search for image. Cut the image to the size you want. On a piece of paper in a color that compliments your theme, print out the name of the flower. Glue picture above printed name. Then go to local office supply store like office max or staples & have it laminated to give it strength & durability for the night. Plus will look like you go them professionally done then.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_flower-names-instead-of-table-numbers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:3cea8874-5ebf-4d75-aa7e-145d82664085Post:4391b27c-9922-44d0-b3fd-092a874bfe37">Re: Flower names instead of Table numbers</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could always take the pictures yourself.  If you live in the DC Area, perhaps you could go to the national aborteum?  Then upload the pictures to your computer.  Then use any software program you like: photoshop, publisher, or Word.  Then you can have the table named how you would like. Just a tip if you decide to do this.  <strong>Make a seating map of where the different tables will be when guests enter the reception room.  Otherwise, your guests will be looking all over for the Orchid table. . .</strong>
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]

This!  I've been to an event where the tables were labeled by cities and it was very annoying walking around trying to find our table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards