New York-Western

DJ's in Buffalo, NY

My fiance and I are having the hardest time settling on a DJ. They are the one thing I want to make sure goes right at my wedding. I want someone energetic but not over powering, Someone who gets the room moving but not driving them crazy.

Any suggestions?? Any places to stay away from??

Re: DJ's in Buffalo, NY

• AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using WHirlin Disc. Seen that at a handful of weddings and they were great. We saw CJ sound at 2 weddings and they had bad sound system and djs!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    We used Signature Entertainment, and I think our DJ did a great job.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Phenomenon Sound.... they work well with our photographer, and  they let us customize the song list as much as we want.  I also like the fact that the DJ we book with is the same guy who shows up at the wedding.

I saw CJ and Whirlin at some of the bridal shows, and wasn't impressed with their style and song mixing/transitions.  Buuuut thats my own opinion. (My FI and I are music snobs - we like good quality sound haha)  Id suggest contacting the company and seeing if you can witness their stuff in action =)
  • edited December 2011
    we are using fascinating sounds...we have been to a couple weddings they have done and loved them.
  • jnpiwowarczykjnpiwowarczyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ comes with our reception hall, but i've heard great things about CJ sound from a lot of brides. two of my friends also used this guy DJ Norm that they loved
  • PattySue17PattySue17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my friend is using either jam-n-stam, or spazman spins.
  • AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Tony from Movin Music. I've seen him work at another wedding and came very highly recommended by several people. I've heard a lot of positive things about Phenomenon Sound also. They were a little more expensive though.
  • carolburnettcarolburnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using Kevin Colangelo
    in one word incredible and added bonus a English accent
    www.djkevincolangelo.com
  • PattySue17PattySue17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    carol, do you really think that we don't know who you are and what your agenda is?
  • edited December 2011
    I agree Patty,

Carol has already admitted to being a vendor in another section and is clearly not an actual bride. She said she was a "caterer" but I would bet she is really Kevin Colangelo.  Again Patty, recommending this DJ (most likely yourself) and his photobooth service over and over rings of desparation.  This is supposed to be a forum for current and former brides to exchange advice, not for vendors to continually plug themselves. If Kevin/you were such a great DJ you would not have to sink to such depths.  For the OP, I used CJ sound and though they did a great job, although some people above seem to disagree.
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Whirlin Disc. I will let you know what I think when I get back from my Honeymoon. We have used them before for other parties and have never been disappointed.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    I second Phenomenon Sound. I will be booking them shortly after recommendations from 2 friends, and I agree it is great that you know exactly who is going to show up. At my friend's wedding the DJ got out of the booth and demonstrated the Cupid Shuffle for all the wallflowers before he put it on.. enough said.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I third Phenomenon Sound.  They are a little bit more expensive, but so worth it!  Our wedding had more than half the people still there when it ended, and the dance floor was literally never empty.  They were phenomenal to work with, and paid attention to little details that other DJs don't (overall volume, when to play requested songs, etc).  They were our most expensive vendor (other than reception hall) and I don't regret it at all.
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with Brad from Energy Entertainment in Lancaster, NY.  Extremely reasonable, friendly and young, so I have a feeling he will keep the crowd entertained without being annoying!!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen Phenomenon Sound at other weddings and they were great. We chose to go with Saxman Slim because FI wanted a band and I wanted a DJ, so we compromised 
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with Jeff at Toy Bros. Entertainment.  If you're doing a photobooth, they give you a discount if you book both with them.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_djs-buffalo-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:8ef7c947-188b-4d45-a80c-dd4b750eba73Post:a79b9461-2d9d-4673-8152-087e87a91def">Re: DJ's in Buffalo, NY</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Signature Entertainment, and I think our DJ did a great job.
    Posted by Patineuse1124[/QUOTE]

I am using Signature Entertainment also.  CJ sound isn't awful but when I went for my food tasting,  I didn't enjoy them much.  Whirling Discs is also good.    I do hear great things about Phenomonal Sounds but they were definitely a little pricier than most.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a caterer yes, a vendor no, and just because I am getting married and happen to be a caterer makes no difference;;
    I reommend people I have worked with and also have booked for MY wedding without reservation.
    This is for ALL people to post their opinions that are getting married or have been;
    This is NOT for people to make remarks and accusations about other people without 100% proof.
    Hearsay and inapproporiate remarks about people like me and others accusing them of being one thing or another is childish to say the least.
    I suggest and you know who you are leave me alone and get on with your own agenda, and stop trying to make accusations which are inappropriate about other people.
    I can recommend who I want when I want and how I want - there is no judge or jury here.
    If I want to recommend my DJ to 12 million people and post it everywhere I have the right to do so.
    If I choose ONLY to post about my DJ that is up to me.
    IF I choose to post about nothing else or anything or nothing it is up to me.
    Now grow up ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    A caterer is a vendor, so yes you are a vendor.  I just don't believe  you are a real bride because I have been reading these boards for years and have never seen anyone like you.  You are blatantly nasty to brides who have a less-than-extravagant budget which I do not believe any "real" bride would do.   You also recommend the same two companies over-and-over with frequency and descriptive detail that I have never seen before.  Although I am not 100% sure you are this DJ you keep recommending, it seems quite likely and I don't believe other brides should be duped by you (that is my "agenda").   As for Patty, she is probably a vendor too....but at least she isn't pretending to be a bride.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My oh my what people are here..nothing better to do than slander others and make accusations and waste space with childish kiddy talk about who is who or who might be who or who is not who is supposed to be or what who is doing and whether who is whether who really is?

GROW UP!
  • edited December 2011
    If you aren't this DJ, why do you get so upset whenever someone suggests you might be?  And there are about 20 other people on these boards who have suggested it besides myself... so all of us are "childish", yet you resort to name calling in several other threads and do not see that as "childish." If somone accused me of being a vendor I wouldn't care at all....but then again I'm not one.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thing is I DONT CARE whereas others here seem to think it is their right to play judge and jury and instead of getting on with their lives and planning seem to want to create drama and make false accusations about others.....EXACTLY my point...do you think I CARE what others think....ALL I know is they are wasting their time playing childish games here..we all have a right to OUR opinion ALL OF US but wedding related and NOT a forum to act like some village cop or walmart security guard ..!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thing is I DONT CARE whereas others here seem to think it is their right to play judge and jury and instead of getting on with their lives and planning seem to want to create drama and make false accusations about others.....EXACTLY my point...do you think I CARE what others think....ALL I know is they are wasting their time playing childish games here..we all have a right to OUR opinion ALL OF US but wedding related and NOT a forum to act like some village cop or walmart security guard ..!!
  • edited December 2011
    Actually Carol,

Not everyone has their right to an opinion on here, as according to the knot policy, vendors are not allowed to plug themselves. If you DON'T CARE so much then why do you keep replying using superfluous capitalized letter.  Also, I have never heard anyone use "village cop" as an insult before...what did a village cop ever do to you? If you would really like to prove me wrong, how about you try to act like a normal, civilized, "real" bride and post helpful comments instead of continual plugs and nasty comments...just a thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards