Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Groom Wedding night attire?

Are you getting your Groom something special to wear on your wedding night? I picked out something very special for me but what about him, is it custom and what are you getting and from where?

Thanks!
Sara

Re: Groom Wedding night attire?

• Options
    I've never heard of that before.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DH preferred no attire on our wedding night.  =)  He would have made fun of me had I gotten him "attire" to wear.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    haha, I completely agree but his mom told me I have to get him something. She is picking up the tab for my "attire" shall we say! It was a bit strange since she told me a few months ago to figure out what I wanted and she would pay for it and she is arranging it to be in our room that night with some other surprises. But she said I need to have something special for him to.....maybe some handcuffs!! hahaha
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_groom-wedding-night-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:090ee698-8700-468a-ab9e-a66f795b7a4bPost:1a52822a-baaa-4e17-9d27-b399bc636125">Re: Groom Wedding night attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha, I completely agree but his mom told me I have to get him something.<strong> She is picking up the tab for my "attire" shall we say! It was a bit strange since she told me a few months ago to figure out what I wanted and she would pay for it and she is arranging it to be in our room that night with some other surprises. But she said I need to have something special for him to</strong>.....maybe some handcuffs!! hahaha
    Posted by SaraC6[/QUOTE]

Ewww.  Perhaps it's just me, but I find that a little more than creepy.  I'd be tempted to buy a big old flannel nightgown and charge it to her.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Hmmm... a little bit odd to me.  My FI won't be wearing special attire.  The idea of him going to "prepare himself" in special pajamas isn't realistic for us.  What does your fiance think?  (Does your mother-in-law REALLY need to be involved in the...er...choreography of your wedding night???  That just feels like WAY to much involvement on her part to me...  I don't mean any offense by that; I guess I know that I would just be really uncomfortable discussing "the grand seduction" with my mother-in-law!)
  • Options
    No, not getting him anything special. 
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I would definitely not want my MIL shopping for my lingerie.

And no, we'll both probably wear what we normally wear to bed. (He just wears underwear most of the time, or pajama pants if it's cold. I wear a sleep shirt and pajama pants or shorts.)

OH, actually my own mother did give me some of her own lingerie once, that was "barely used." VOM. It's still in my drawer.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_groom-wedding-night-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:090ee698-8700-468a-ab9e-a66f795b7a4bPost:e520c001-a7df-4a36-8518-3c2245679a5a">Re: Groom Wedding night attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH, actually my own mother did give me some of her own lingerie once, that was "barely used." VOM. It's still in my drawer.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

well yes, I do believe I have now heard it all.

I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_groom-wedding-night-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:090ee698-8700-468a-ab9e-a66f795b7a4bPost:6ea01bff-f3c7-476f-932b-86cb74e0aa5e">Re: Groom Wedding night attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Groom Wedding night attire? : well yes, I do believe I have now heard it all. I'm so sorry.
    Posted by meganyani[/QUOTE]

And now I have heard it all too LOL! WOW! VOM indeed! I think my MIL wants to be so involved because is is now divorced a year fom my FI stepfather and she just misses that aspect. She talks about her past 2 wedding nights and how she had the entire head to toe outfit. "you have to have special shoes" she says, special shoes? I mean I think my pedi will be enough! I CERTAINLY don't plan on sharing any details that is for heck sure! I don't mind her footing the bill for my wedding lingerie though. I didn't get any for my bridal shower but I guess she and my new SIL were going to get me some but wanted me to choose.

Well I think I have received the answer that I thought all along. I will not be getting my FI any special outfit! I don't think he would appreciate being adorned with a tucan beak or anything of the like!!

Thanks for all your input!

p.s. I think my mom would be sick knowing about all this!!!
  • Options
    i didnt even know they made special outfits for a man on his wedding night
  • Options
    I bought my first husband a pair of undies that zipped for our wedding night.  After I caught his...well...um...you know...in the zipper.  He sent me for Chinese Carryout.  He is rolling in his grave right now I'm sure for telling this story.  We had a good laugh about it on our 12th anniversary.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_groom-wedding-night-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:090ee698-8700-468a-ab9e-a66f795b7a4bPost:e520c001-a7df-4a36-8518-3c2245679a5a">Re: Groom Wedding night attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH, actually my own mother did give me some of her own lingerie once, that was "barely used." VOM. It's still in my drawer.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

OMG. 

And yeah, the idea of going lingerie shopping with FMIL makes me kind of queasy.  I don't know how the hell I could ever go shopping with my FDIL for lacey things to wear while she's having sex with my son!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I'm kinda creeped out....
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    I will not be buying DS's FI lingerie for their wedding night. The thought of a MIL doing that just grosses me out completely.

When I got married my mother asked if I wanted really nice lingerie, she would give me the money to go buy something (not pick it out for me)... I said ."ummmmm, no. I won't have it on long enough to make worthwhile but I coudl use some LUGGAGE!"  The look on my mom's face when I said I wouldn't have it on that long was verrry interesting... she bought me luggage... ha ha
  • Options
    Cat24Cat24 member
    First Comment
    Hehe, my MoH's MIL threw her a passion party as a shower....with all the women from her Hs side of the family....that was an awkward situation...I could handle my FMIL buying lingere for me as opposed to a passion/fantasia party
  • Options
    I think if she really wants to get him something too the only thing I could possibly think of is silk or satin boxers...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think it is a little bit strange that she wants to pick stuff out but I also think she is just trying to be nice.  I would maybe just suggest a comfy pair of silk boxers, if anything.
  • Options
    Ladies I have finally decided what I am getting him. Now my FMIL didn't want to see it or anything but she had just told me that I needed to get him something special to make him feel nice. Well I went a fun route and got him a really comfy pair of white boxer briefs, and embroidered in white thread (but glows in the dark!! OMG) it says "The Property of Mrs. LAST NAME" right in the middle of the boxer shorts. I think it will be cute and it's really just another pair of boxers shorts until you make them glow in the dark!! Well I think that is a good solution. No beaks, zippers or leather here!!

thanks for all the very interesting input!!! LOL
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_groom-wedding-night-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:090ee698-8700-468a-ab9e-a66f795b7a4bPost:d35a2547-0307-42e1-89cb-7ae14a701177">Re: Groom Wedding night attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My DH preferred no attire on our wedding night.  =)  He would have made fun of me had I gotten him "attire" to wear.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this.  After the requisite sex he slept naked and I slept in his undershirt.</div>
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards