Canada-Ontario
Options

Bridal Store Recommendation

Hi Everyone,

I am new to The Knot community. Looking forward to sharing ideas and thoughts. I have started my dress hunting process and am looking for some bridal store recommendations. I am really into lace so hoping to find lace dresses that are mermaid style.

Been to Mona Richie and Bridal Suite so far but didn't find the one. I am looking for very soft lace dresses preferably sweet heart top that has ruffles style. Jsut something unique. Budget roughly 1.5k to 2k

Please help!

Re: Bridal Store Recommendation

• Options
    I enjoyed beckers bridal. The girls were wonderful to deal with ( not on commission!) once I told them my budget they only showed me dresses I could afford and offered honest opinions about how dresses looked.

that being said..
    I bought my dress at the Brides Project which isn't everyones cup of tea. They take in dresses from Salons and other brides and offer dresses at very reasonable prices and all the money they make is donated to various cancer charities.

I happened to find an AMAZING designer dress for a fraction of the price AND my money is going to send a kid with cancer to camp...warm fuzzies all around!

even if you do not like the idea of shopping there I am suggesting to all brides to consider donating their dress after the wedding. Many of the used dresses had little letters attached with a story from the previous bride which was super cute....oh and none of the dresses are more than 5 years old.

Good Luck and happy dress hunting :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    To add to Souptin's post - The Bride's Project also has new, never been worn before dresses that are heavily discounted.  There are some dresses worth 10K that they are selling for less than 2K.  Definitely worth a look and it's great that the proceeds go to charity.  The only reason I didn't buy there is because I didn't find one that spoke to me - and I tried on around 15 dresses there. 

As well, check out Sophie's Bridal Shoppe - FANTASTIC customer service.  It's where I bought my dress.  I would suggest taking a look at Maggie Sottero - she has quite a few of those in that style.
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I bought my dress at Sweet Seraphine (www.sweetseraphine.com). They are located in Oakville but they are worth a look. The store is reasonably priced and willing to negotiate.
  • Options
    It could be difficult to find the perfect dress and searching for it can be frustrating. A friend of mine recommended that I check out theringbearer.ca .. This website was a big help for me since there is not a lot of website out there that are Canadian base. Here is the link http://www.theringbearer.ca/wedding_fashion.php?gender=women .

Hope this helps. :D
  • Options
    I loved Bridal on Spadina  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bridals-On-Spadina/174053889302428 - I didnt find my dress there but their service was great. Attentive but not pushy at all. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i would suggest beckers (a little bias as i used to work there many moons ago).  i've also recently had a great experience at the brides project.

those are the only locations i've been to so far but i plan on checking out windfall brides (etobicoke).
  • Options
    I found some really nice lace at Ritche bridal at Avenue Rd and Lawrence, I found a great Lace dress by Enzoani that had beautiful lace.  Beckers has a really nice selection as well :)
  • Options
    my suggestion is in dundas, shes so beautiful consignment. great ladies to deal with very helpful and a lot of the dresses have never been worn
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards