Not Engaged Yet

Thank you **Tiger**!

Just wanted to thank you because you were my motivation to work out on my lunch break today. I really wasn't feeling it, but thought about how you already did yours today. I know we aren't really doing Insanity together, but with your daily updates, I feel like we are and it really helps keep me going. And hearing that you're pushing yourself and giving it your all really inspires me to do the same. So thanks! :)

That is all.
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Thank you **Tiger**!

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yay! That's awesome! It definitely helps me to know that after I work out I can write a celebratory post. Otherwise it would be a LOT easier to skip something. I'm trying to hold myself accountable and I'm sure it will pay off.

Plus, there is a woman in some of the videos with the Insanity t-shirt on. Every time I see her I think 'I WILL HAVE THAT SHIRT!!!' :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

While I'm sitting here eating a peanut butter cup...LOL

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thank-tiger?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d044455f-23dc-4c90-8a38-1fb73f8b4177Post:ee1d3d9d-0984-4015-b4b9-d48e2405acf2">Re: Thank you **Tiger**!</a>:
    [QUOTE]While I'm sitting here eating a peanut butter cup...LOL
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

Please pass me one.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to ditto Ely. I LOVE your daily updates, Tiger. I'm doing Turbo Fire, which is another beachbody program. I'm not ready for Insanity yet. :)

But just seeing you post about doing your workouts every day and sticking with the schedule motivates ME to do my workout of the day.

Keep up the good work! For you and for me and Ely! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a particular video (don't remember which one) where Shaun T talks about how this is the moment where you push harder and you see the changes in your body and that really helps me too. And somewhere along the line I've gotten to where I don't take breaks anymore just because he tells someone in the video to go get some water or rest a second, lol. I am really hoping that I can get a t-shirt too. I hope they aren't too strict with the pictures and the dates and everything.

I used to LOVE peanut butter cups. I could have hooked up a peanut butter cup IV and been ok, but now that I cut stuff like that out of my diet, it seems too greasy to me. It's hard to describe, but I can't eat them. So now I just put a little peanut butter and honey on toast! That's my guilty pleasure! :)

Desert: How do you like Turbo Fire? I haven't heard much about that program.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ha, I ate three cookies today (Thanks Hyatt Hotel for dropping off a bunch for our department... not!) but I don't feel too guilty because I know I'm working it off. 

Desert, what is Turbo Fire like?

Ely - Ha, I used to do that break thing, too, but now I put my iTunes on and turn Shawn T off unless it's a video I'm doing for the first time. Also, when I start getting tired towards the end of an exercise, I remind myself that these last few seconds make more of a difference than everything I'd done before that... So if I do two more power jacks, they are more important than the first two power jacks I did. That usually motivates me through. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Turbo Fire is awesome! It's got fun music and Chalene Johnson is my favoritest instructor ever. (I have a library of workout DVDs b/c I don't like the gym. I'd much rather work out at home).

It's basically cardio kickboxing with some fun booty-shaking moves, too.

This is the workout I did today:

http://youtu.be/nAn4RzVxmt0

There are 3 drills. You do the first two twice, with a 30 sec break between each drill. The last drill you do three times with a 30 sec break between each. There are several HIIT workouts -- 15, 20, I think there's a 25, and 30. Then there are a variety of longer cardio workouts from 30 min to 60 minutes, and they're pretty intense still. Some of them have a couple high intensity intervals, and some say they are "EZ" but they are NOT! Ha ha ha.

I don't think it's quite as intense as Insanity. But it's fun and it's challenging for where I'm at, and if you get tired of Insanity and p90x, you should consider TF and ChaLEAN Extreme for the sake of fun and variety. Also, I believe the workouts tend to be a little shorter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards