Wedding Woes

Grr - old company

Remember the company I worked for who lied about my last paycheck for months and then couldn't be bothered to send me W2s for tax time?  

Well, now they can't be bothered to answer the phone and say, "Yes, she worked here" for the people trying to verify my employment history for a new contract. 

Seriously. People wonder why I have hard feelings. They do some good work, but they are so freaking dishonest! I mean, businesses in general aren't really known for being super straightforward, but these 3 things are WAY out of line.

Re: Grr - old company

• :(  That is hulk-smash worthy.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

Thankfully, new company will let me send copies of the W2s as proof. But seriously. This isn't something that takes a ton of time or effort.

• Do all previous employees have the same problems or are they just picking on you? 

You should send them a framed photo of a burning bridge.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    you know, zsa, I should ask. I do know one other employee was having similar issues with her last check. IDK if she had to issue threats to get her W2s or not.

I also know she flat-out lied about sending a check to someone who did $1,000 worth of work for us. If $1,000 is going to break your company, you should just go out of business. 

It was always, "Oops, that got buried on my desk. I'm sorry. I'll get it in right now." then "Hmm. I swear it was in the system and should have gone out with this set of paychecks." then "really? still not there? I will have to look into it." Bullshit, lady. I'm willing to accept ONE of those explanations ONE time. But with at least 3 people? No freaking way.

• GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    bastards
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

GB summed it up pretty well.  Bastards.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards