Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorett Party Ideas

Hi,

I am throwing my friends bachelorette party on memorial day.  We are going to have a cook out/ pot luck day and Lia Sophia party at her sister-in-laws house.  Has anyone had a bachelorette party like this?  If so what did you do?  What games would you play?  Any ideas would be great!!!!

Re: Bachelorett Party Ideas

• duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think the fact that you find it acceptable to invite people to a bach party in which they'll receive a crappy jewelry sales pitch and be expected to spend more money to support someones side business is uber-craptastic.

The BBQ sounds find.  The Lia Sophia?  Not so much.  Please don't subject the bride to a bachelorette in which the only thing people will remember is that they were hit up for money.

• duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorett-party-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:a586c431-8631-495e-91ab-16de0039a12bPost:e354e2d5-7fd7-4d6c-afd3-741d40f90aef">Bachelorett Party Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I am throwing my friends bachelorette party on memorial day.  We are going to have a cook out/ pot luck day and Lia Sophia party at her sister-in-laws house.  Has anyone had a bachelorette party like this?  If so what did you do?  What games would you play?  Any ideas would be great!!!!
    Posted by memelissa13[/QUOTE]
  • memelissa13memelissa13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorett-party-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:a586c431-8631-495e-91ab-16de0039a12bPost:5e57085b-1f0f-408d-bc8a-2f0752710a55">Re: Bachelorett Party Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the fact that you find it acceptable to invite people to a bach party in which they'll receive a crappy jewelry sales pitch and be expected to spend more money to support someones side business is uber-craptastic. The BBQ sounds find.  The Lia Sophia?  Not so much.  Please don't subject the bride to a bachelorette in which the only thing people will remember is that they were hit up for money.
    Posted by duckie1905[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Duckie for the advice, I wasn't thinking of it that way and the bride was all for it.  BBQ is on, Lia Sophis pushed off to a different day on your advice. 
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree on the Lia Sophia part of the party. I've been to one of those jewelry parties and I had fun with the other girls there and we drank lots of wine, but the jewelry we ordered wasn't very nice and I felt very pressured to buy something. I don't think a bachelorette party is the time or the place for that. The BBQ sounds great, maybe have some pitchers of margaritas or sangria yum!

As far as games go for the BBQ, I'm not much help there, but there are bridal shower and bachelorette party games and accessories in the wedding section at Michaels. Maybe you could get some good ideas there. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I might be able to help you with Bachelorette party ideas Monday....lol....mine is Saturday and it is all a suprise. I know that my BP will be picking me up at 11:00am, and I need to pack an overnight bag, including everything I need for my 2pm Bridal Shower the next day. :)

GL on the planning! (And good call on moving the Lia Sophie Party.)
  • SteffieESteffieE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I threw a "Naughty or Nice" bachelorette party for my friend. You can check out the details at our Haute Apple Pie blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards