• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Wednesday Greetings and Salutatoins, WR & NWR

Halfway through the week. I didn't get to bed until 1 and I'm sleepy.

The weather is GORGEOUS here today. I opened all the windows before I left.

Last night I met a friend for dinner and exchanged some gifts at Crate & Barrel in Cherry Hill, effectively wiping out my C&B registry. Woot! I only have a tablecloth left on there.

I wrote 40 thank you cards last night and I have 40 left to go. They should all be out within a week of my shower.

Tonight I have my hair trial, and I'm heading to Target with shower gift cards to get a new camera for us, along with a pantry for the bar area in the basement and FI's coveted Henckels knives.

Combined with my weekend checks (venue meeting for menu finalization/table and tent contract and deposit/ceremony and reception map and layout, two florist meetings, and picking Friday BP photo location), I am on a roll!

Re: Wednesday Greetings and Salutatoins, WR & NWR

• I mean damn girl you make me feel so unproductive...I'm just sitting at work. 
  • DAMN I hate spelling errors in the title.

Too tired too tired.

I'm just sitting at work too. Waiting on Ahole partner to get back to me about his zillion proposals that needed to go out yesterday. Grrrrrrrrr
  • I have my hair trial next Friday.  Let's see if I can deal with my mother for an entire afternoon...I'm at 1, she's at 2.  She will surely be criticizing me for all my wedding-related decisions. 

Like the other day, I got a text saying that I really should have an 8x10 photo of me and FI to display on the guest book table.  1) Everyone is going to be so sick of staring at us by that point, why waste the money on a photo?? and 2) We aren't even having a guest book!!  And she got pissed! 
  • You're awesome. I too feel like such a lazy oaf just sitting at my desk, half-knotting, half-editing, half looking for wedding cake pictures.

Wait...that's too many halves. Oh well.
  • You should've replied "I have the perfect nudie photo for the 8x10 frame. Everyone will love it!"

I'm nervous about dress shopping with my mom. The wedding is CASUAL. As in we put on the website shorts, polos, flip flops, skirts, sweaters are all perfectly acceptable attire, and mentioned that we want guests to be comfortable as the wedding is in the sand and it's on the bay so it'll be breezy.

This woman wants to wear a hot pink sparkly dress with heels.

Kill me now.

• In Response to Re: Wednesday Greetings and Salutatoins, WR & NWR:
    [QUOTE]You should've replied "I have the perfect nudie photo for the 8x10 frame. Everyone will love it!" I'm nervous about dress shopping with my mom. The wedding is CASUAL. As in we put on the website shorts, polos, flip flops, skirts, sweaters are all perfectly acceptable attire, and mentioned that we want guests to be comfortable as the wedding is in the sand and it's on the bay so it'll be breezy. This woman wants to wear a hot pink sparkly dress with heels. Kill me now.
    Posted by stephaniem1977[/QUOTE]

"Yes Mom, great idea, I will schedule the boudoir session right now!!"  LOL

Yeah the deeper we got into the planning, the more I realize I can only deal with her for a few hours at a time.  I feel like I did when I was a whiny little pubescent pre-teen...I hate my mother again. 
    [QUOTE]You should've replied "I have the perfect nudie photo for the 8x10 frame. Everyone will love it!"

Hahaha so great
  • Steph care to rename this post, "We can stand our Moms?"
  • ha ha ha ha ha. Get your crazy/overbearing/weird mom stories here! Sometimes I feel like having a tantrum right at people during this wedding stuff, and my mom is a major target. It really is like being 12 again.

My mom is batsh*t crazy. We have a close but complicated relationship.

She loves her wine, and she has very strong beliefs about the afterlife. She found a penny at my shower on Saturday when my BM Laura (who I've known for over 20 years) was talking about her dad who died two years ago, and my mom insisted that Laura keep the penny as it was the sign her dad was there with us on that day. For the rest of the day, all of my BMs were like "Let's ask Mike. Laura, get your dad out of your pocket."

I believe in signs and all, but she takes it to the extreme.

• I love my mom :-) She stays out of my stuff unless I ask for help and then she'll answer honestly and not be mean! Now it's my grandma you have to worry about.
    [QUOTE]She found a penny at my shower on Saturday when my BM Laura (who I've known for over 20 years) was talking about her dad who died two years ago, and my mom insisted that Laura keep the penny as it was the sign her dad was there with us on that day. For the rest of the day, all of my BMs were like "Let's ask Mike. Laura, get your dad out of your pocket." I believe in signs and all, but she takes it to the extreme.

Hahha I just spit my coffee out!!

My mom is crazy in a loveable (sometimes annoying) way. She hasn't really been a big part of my planning. I'd love her to be more involved, but I am one of eight kids, the youngest of which are 4 and 7, so she has her own craziness to deal with everyday. Plus my sister just got married in May. Sometimes I think I'd love an overbearing Mom, but I know I'm wrong and I'd just be annoyed by it.
  • HAHA I'm loving this!  My mom refused to use the stylist I selected for wedding day hair and makeup.  She says it's too much money and she will do her hair and makeup herself.  She didn't think I needed a photographer and at one point even said she would do the pictures herself (WTF?), picked the venue and made an appointment for HERSELF to go see it WITHOUT me then told me about it after she decided she liked it (turns out I loved it too, so ok), gave me a hard time about the invitations even though I'M the one who paid for them, wants to personally design my centerpieces even though I have a florist already for that, I wanted chair covers for the reception and she didn't, then she changed her mind cuz her friend from work had them at her son's wedding so I ordered them cuz I wanted them all along, and now that they've been ordered she "is having second thoughts" abut them again......the list goes on lol.  Love her to bits but I agree, it's best to only deal with her in small doses.
    "Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • my mom is amazing, BUT, her idea of the ideal wedding: her hippie dippy friends, a potluck in a field, no photographer, etc.  she has slowly come around to the concept of a normal wedding and is now unstoppable.

note--my parents are LEGIT hippies.  got married 30 years ago (in the same field we are getting married in--at the time it was a commune) at sunRISE and made all 12 of her guests (12??  and i have 280??!!!) get up at the crack of dawn.  they wore traditional afghani clothing (we are not afghani at all).  had a potluck later that night with about 50 friends and family in the same field.  no photographer, no wedding dress (although now as an adult i look at what she wore and i love it), very forrest gump when jenny and forrest got married, but even more casual.
  • Shauni, I love the legit hippie story. That is awesome.

My mom has only had a few things to say about my wedding, one being that she wants to wear a sparkly hot pink dress and heels, one being that she thinks I should do an appetizer when I'm not doing one, and one that she is insisting on doing a dance with me at my reception like a father/daughter only mother/daughter.
    Otherwise she is on the sidelines of my planning shouting out zany, nonsensical items and benedictions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards