Snarky Brides

I is confuzzled.

Most of these posts belong on the etiquette board, no?
Come play. We will have so much fun together!

Re: I is confuzzled.

• Come to the dark side....we have cookies.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• I know I posted a couple topics on here that may have belonged on the etiquette board, but I don't want someone to tell me what they think I want to hear. On the "Snarky Brides" you expect for people to be honest, even if you don't like what they have to say.

People that complain because the answers are mean should just leave.Laughing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confuzzled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:48732fc8-085f-4842-828e-6f7cb1057e87Post:baf6d60b-d2fc-422e-ad60-7c67958ddffe">Re: I is confuzzled.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I posted a couple topics on here that may have belonged on the etiquette board, <strong>but I don't want someone to tell me what they think I want to hear.</strong> On the "Snarky Brides" you expect for people to be honest, even if you don't like what they have to say. People that complain because the answers are mean should just leave.
    Posted by Audrey&Austin[/QUOTE]

Clearly you have never been to the etiquette board.

But yeah, I whoel heartedly have no idea how people can have any business getting up and arms about people being meanies. Although, I feel that way about all messages boards no matter what, so there you have it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confuzzled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:48732fc8-085f-4842-828e-6f7cb1057e87Post:baf6d60b-d2fc-422e-ad60-7c67958ddffe">Re: I is confuzzled.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I posted a couple topics on here that may have belonged on the etiquette board,<strong> but I don't want someone to tell me what they think I want to hear. On the "Snarky Brides" you expect for people to be honest</strong>, even if you don't like what they have to say. People that complain because the answers are mean should just leave.
    Posted by Audrey&Austin[/QUOTE]

Hahahaahah what?! Where have you been? Etiquette is the truth/ no validation board. Snakry Brides has become the "do what you want, its your wedding!!1!1" board.
  • And for all the little naive beebees:

snarky
    Pronunciation: \ˈsnär-kē\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: dial. snark to annoy, perhaps alteration of nark to irritate
    Date: 1906

1 : www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crotchety">crotchety, www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snappish">snappish
    2 : sarcastic, impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner

• Ooh they should change the name to Crotchety Brides!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confuzzled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:48732fc8-085f-4842-828e-6f7cb1057e87Post:a7c366cf-6997-41ac-bb70-3d65847477ea">Re: I is confuzzled.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh they should change the name to Crotchety Brides!
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Oh I like that! Buuut then where would all the people who post here now go? Do they have a validation board?
    Sucrets could stay, and any other pregnant woman.
  • SB has become a sad, sad place.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I'm thinking they should change the description for thhe board, maybe that would help.
    "These Knotties are discussing everything from celebrity gossip to pressing world issues and everything in between.  "Search

Doesn't exactly scream Snark to me. It was fitting when the old, real SB's were here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confuzzled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:48732fc8-085f-4842-828e-6f7cb1057e87Post:fbdf7dde-0be8-49a8-8d1f-2b5846883897">Re: I is confuzzled.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking they should change the description for thhe board, maybe that would help. "These Knotties are discussing everything from celebrity gossip to pressing world issues and everything in between.  " Search Doesn't exactly scream Snark to me. It was fitting when the old, real SB's were here.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

True story.
  • Audrey, the E board is way more honest and snarky than SB these days.  SB has gone soft as in puppies and rainbows.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Thank you for that definition Roxy.  I am now committed to using the word "impertinent" at least once daily.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• edited March 2010
    I think the term "snark" accurately applies to everyone on this board.  Welcome all you little snarky "etiquette" girls.  I like this board because the ladies on here are extremely annoying.  It's entertainment.  I think/hope everyone knows what the word snarky means.
  • Snarky doesn't mean annoying.  And why did you put quotation marks around etiquette? 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confuzzled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:48732fc8-085f-4842-828e-6f7cb1057e87Post:d227c57f-a172-4cf1-b4e3-f6502b53114e">Re: I is confuzzled.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the term "snark" accurately applies to everyone on this board.  <strong>Welcome all you little snarky "etiquette" girls.</strong>  I like this board because the ladies on here are extremely annoying.  It's entertainment.  I think/hope everyone knows what the word snarky means.
    Posted by sophistryliz[/QUOTE]

Awww aren't you cute. ::pats sophistry on the head::
  • I second "Stubie"

And aside from this thread, this board is no fun anymore....that's why I stick with Etiquette.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards