Rhode Island

Hair - I Do Hair or Sam Calvope?

Rants/Raves? My biggest concern is that  I have difficult hair - it's curly, and I want it blown dry with a round brush to give me big smooth curls. I know some professionals can do it.. but not everyone. Thoughts?

Thanks!

t
image 208 Invited
image 107 Are ready to party!
image 102 Will be missing out
image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair - I Do Hair or Sam Calvope?

• kcabral80kcabral80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there,

i dont have any experience with I Do Hair, but Sam did my hair for my wedding and she is amazing! She also did all of the BM's updos as well.

Pics of my wedding are here:

http://www.pictage.com/client/event.do?event=738760
  • edited December 2011
    I too used Sam one of my BM's has very similar hair to what your describing she had no problems with it.  Sam does trials too
  • edited December 2011
    I think I am going with I DO, hopefully they have my date open. This sounds crazy but, I am nervous because Sam seems really inexpensive???? I know crazy but....and I can't find a website for her. I like the I DO web site too www.idoweddinghairnewengland.com
    I was originally planning on special event beauty but, they are booked.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Sam too.  She doesn't have a salon, so she doesn't have to cover a salon's expenses.  And it's extra work to her.  I have a friend who does makeup and she said she'd need to charge me $500 to have her come to makeup for everyone b/c that's what she'd be missing out on by not working at her salon on a Saturday. 

I wanted someone to do my hair so that I could just sit there and take everything in the morning of the wedding.  I didn't want to be stressing. 

I have never heard of I DO. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am using I DO, have my date booked but have not set up a trial yet. I really did'nt research anyone besides them. They did my sisters wedding last year and it was fantastic.  I am still up in the air about what I am going to do with my hair though.
    I agree with the pp it is so nice to have someone come to you. Sit back relax have someone take care of it and have mimosa!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Sam as well. She came right to my apartment and did my trial here. She was very flexible and fun and outgoing. My hair is not easy to work with and she was very patient. I have some photos in my Blog and Bio. She is a teacher and a dance instructor so this is just for fun and she loves to do it!
  • pixistix6pixistix6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in RI but live in NY i'm looking for a hair stylists that won't charge a fortune.  Does anyone have the number or email for Sam so I could talk to her? Thanks
    erin_wells82@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards