Moms and Maids

to say something or not to say something?

Re: to say something or not to say something?

• edited July 2012
    Anna - I would strongly encourage you to create another TK account to use when posting.  It is never a good idea to use your real name as a SN.  You never know who is looking and your FILs could stumble on this thread no matter how sure you are that they would never come to TK.

This is also the only time you will ever hear me say you should delete your post.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I only have one question, what in the world did your FI say when his mother suggested such a thing?  Or, what does he say when you tell him the horrible things that she has said?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_to-say-something-or-not-to-say-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:705d76fe-4326-4515-ab5e-07a0aef5d817Post:1a14cb99-c735-492f-9e09-b1b5de0da587">Re: to say something or not to say something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only have one question, what in the world did your FI say when his mother suggested such a thing?  Or, what does he say when you tell him the horrible things that she has said?
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

Also curious about this.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Good idea on the name thing...wasn't fully thinking! And now can't seem to delete the orignial post..
    wow...don't post when angry

• Your future husband needs to handle his family.

I don't think you should have any trouble talking with your future husband about these issues with him. Tell him what they're saying and how they're saying it and how it makes you feel. If you think their concerns are at all legitimate, you should offer to cooperate. A legitimate concern would be to have basic conversations about finances and medical histories. If you did any pre-marital conseling, you've probably covered this. What you have mentioned is not legitimate.

Then, you can ask him to tell them to cut it out. It sounds like they're not totally awful, because they think you've heard these awful things, but they reach you late. Sounds like someone has the good sense to half the grapevine. Still, it should stop, and your future husband should stop it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards