Nevada-Las Vegas

VENT(ish)!!!

Ok,,,where to start! So yesterday I am taliking to my Brother & FSIL and they mention that they may have a couple meet up with them on the Friday night before the wedding, which ok, is fine with me...but then it goes into the possibilty of them stopping in at the reception...hummm....ok....so I have been pretty easy going about this and there are a few of my brothers friends attending, but.....Now I am getting irritated! So I think I was not to snipy and just said "Let me see what the numbers look like first, I don't want to suite to be to crowded" Am I right in my irritation?? I mean....FI & I are trying to decide on what to due budget wise about food, are we going to have an Elvis Impersonator, favors, etc...I really want things to be nice, and not just so, so because the numbers get to big...ugghhhh! and then! I am trying to stay out of the bachlorette party planning and I am having to play middle man because my FSIL's don't really know my close friends, and I think my close friend may be upset that FSIL stepped in and started planning....

Ok...just need to vent....TIA for those who read this!! =)
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: VENT(ish)!!!

• edited December 2011
    Hugs! Don't worry about it! It will all turn out wonderful and they all need to just chill. If you need to put your foot down later you can but right now people are just talking out loud. I hate when people try to invite people it isn't an open house its a wedding reception for goodness sake. You can tell them no but at the reception if they do show up just let it go.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ventish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:6891bf8f-f987-4357-8194-3a1c77bef20cPost:4444575f-82d0-4be1-a7be-87d0ef959f09">Re: VENT(ish)!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hugs! Don't worry about it! It will all turn out wonderful and they all need to just chill. If you need to put your foot down later you can but right now people are just talking out loud. I hate when people try to invite people it isn't an open house its a wedding reception for goodness sake. You can tell them no but at the reception if they do show up just let it go.  
    Posted by pamila51510[/QUOTE]
    Thanks! and I agree it's prob just talk, but jeeezzee like you said it's not an open house! LOL
    2011-2012 Races
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Pamila. My little brother started doing the same thing. He said he was just going to have his friends meet up with him after the reception. I thought that was pretty rude of him to do that to his friends. In the end we compromised and he offered to give me the amount of $ I would spend by adding his friends to our guest list.

Don't stress out about it. Everything will turn out fine.

The friends and the FSIL's will have to plan the party together. In the end the party is for you, not them. Maybe they can exchange emails so you don't have to be the middle person.

Hope this helps! Like I said, DON'T STRESS! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ventish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:6891bf8f-f987-4357-8194-3a1c77bef20cPost:ec301d37-7af0-445e-8c46-ddd1cc516ea2">Re: VENT(ish)!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Pamila. My little brother started doing the same thing. He said he was just going to have his friends meet up with him after the reception. I thought that was pretty rude of him to do that to his friends. In the end we compromised and he offered to give me the amount of $ I would spend by adding his friends to our guest list. Don't stress out about it. Everything will turn out fine. The friends and the FSIL's will have to plan the party together. In the end the party is for you, not them. Maybe they can exchange emails so you don't have to be the middle person. Hope this helps! Like I said, DON'T STRESS! :)
    Posted by dduenas[/QUOTE]
    It does help!! I just try to keep calm because I really see no point in being bridezilla, it's just not me, that why I vent here! =)
    2011-2012 Races
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, there is no point in turning in to a bridezilla. No one likes a bridezilla. LOL!

Just keep calm :)
  • edited December 2011
    LOL! Exactly Denisse! I am such a people pleaser that I have a hard time saying anything, but I still am amazed at how people think "It's just Vegas".... 
    2011-2012 Races
  • edited December 2011
    I know what you mean. I'm a little bit like that also. I always worry about everyone else and I always have to please everyone else. So far in my wedding planning I've taken on sort of a "go with the flow" attitude. I'm not going to stress over anything. If you want to come to Vegas that's fine, if you don't then stay in LA! LOL

I've had enough extra stress in the past month to be stressing over my wedding. I promised myself that I wouldn't let it happen. So far, so good! =)

Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    I like Bridezillas ;)

I have had the same thing with people saying they want to bring their families, friends, coworkers, baby's mama lol etc... I just tell them all it's Vegas and anyone can come to Vegas doesn't mean they can come to my wedding :)

People stink sometimes haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards