Pre-wedding Parties

Should i talk with the bride about the theme

I am thinking about having a honeymoon shower ( where guests will give gift cards to the airlines, travelocity.com or visa gift cards to pay for the honeymoon) for the bride. My concern though is she will not beable to afford to pay for what is not covered from the shower. I was hoping to surprise her with this idea but am now wondering if i should talk with her and see if this is something worth doing???? Any thoughts?? She is planning on inviting 40+ guests

Re: Should i talk with the bride about the theme

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Please do not do this.  You are essentially asking the guests for cash and that is rude.  I think your intentions are noble, but it isn't something that should be executed.

It is up to your friend and her FI to plan the honeymoon they can afford, and not up to the guests to foot the bill.  This will not be received well at all.  If you spend time on the Registering and Gifts board you will see how poorly honeymoon registries go over.  You would be setting your friend up for the same kind of reactions.

It is great to have a themed party.  I am hosting my niece's shower in August and she wants a Mexican theme.  No problem, however our theme isn't mandating what the guests are to buy.
  • edited December 2011
    Your heart is in the right place, but I agree asking guests to pay for their honeymon is in poor taste.  Some people argue that theoretically any shower is like a request for gifts, so what's the difference, but it just comes off wrong.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards