New York-New York City
Options

February Engagement Photo Session--Ideas

My partner and I won't be able to do an engagement session until February (our wedding is in May). Of course we'll be thrilled if the day turns into a beautiful winter wonderland, but we need some ideas for locations in case it is just plain cold and miserable.

Does anybody have any good ideas for an indoor engagement shoot? We live in Williamsburg, but we can get around the city pretty easily.

Re: February Engagement Photo Session--Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have a good photographer then they should  have some great ideas as to where to take your photos that time of year....thats their job :)
  • Options
    Kate CKate C member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Castle Clinton near Battery park, its an old war fort form 1812 with great views of the Statue of Liberty. The american indian museum at the Bowling Green subway stop is AMAZING and GEORGOUS. it was the documents building for Ellis Island. We are having pictures taken there. The historic art murals are just UNREAL georgous. THe centerhall room with the domed ceiling is my favorite of all.

Any of the Bridges in Central park would be georgous,  The mall in central park is gorgous, as is the fountain near by and UNDER the fountain stairs. I can email you pictures if you want I just took some not too long ago and they are amazing. Washington Mews near washington square park is a quaint street that lookes like a seen out of Paris not NY... just a thought. Bklyn brige could be cool as well. sorry for the rambling.... what about the Bk botanical gardens?
  • Options
    mrabinmrabin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. We're looking for some indoor sites, just in case it is not snowy and pretty...and just cold and wet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe Grand Central of the NY Public Library or maybe a museum shoot would be fun? We used a photographer who helped us decide on locations for our e-shoot, maybe that is a good idea for you if you already working with a certain photographer. We used Melissa Lynn of http://beimaged.com. She is super sweet and has great ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards