Not Engaged Yet
Options

Fried Day

2»

Re: Fried Day

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fried-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:47dc6574-2fcc-4895-a68c-3bae34c8dc24Post:8042c66d-1a47-4573-bf5e-98a6b3f79058">Re: Fried Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Friday, everyone!  Today is like my Sunday because I'm off today but have to work all weekend.  <strong>However (highlight!) I'm not stressed at all about work since I'll never have to see ex-boss's stupid jerk face again</strong>.  I've realized over the past week that I really don't mind my job at all when I don't have to work with unpleasant people. Highlight #2:  I booked my plane ticket for the Jersey g2g yesterday and I'm so flipping excited. Lowlight:  Ummm...
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Yay I was wondering about this! At last it's all sorted out now.
  • Options
    Alley-I'm a big fan of Nissan's and Honda's.  I've had 2 Nissan's and now a Honda and I've loved them all!  Toyotas are great cars, too, they all go forever.  Don't buy a BMW.  They are stupid fun to drive, but ridiculously expensive to repair.  A cracked windshield cost us $800, and that's on the entry-level car!  FI has one and I'm counting the days until we sell it. 

Highlights:  The 'being engaged' glow is still lingering.  We've started poking around looking for a venue and entered a 'Dream Wedding' giveaway contest and were featured on the local caterer's website.  We probably won't win, but what fun if we did??

Lowlights:  My ex-landlord is an insuffereable douche bag, we may end up in court. Also, my mother's numerous fake ailments are preventing her from going dress shopping in 3 weeks.  It's so aggravating. 
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    Buy a Honda Fit!  :P  We were considering going the certified used route, but at the end of the day, the car we found that worked with our budget and had the things we wanted wasn't certified.  We almost bought one off Craigslist, but the guy got a better offer.  As long as you have the Carfax and can take it to a mechanic you trust, you can get a really good deal on a used car that way.   The dealership we got our car from was actually really shady and the battery was dead (which they hid by running the car for forever before we test drove it).  So if you go to a used car dealership, read the reviews and take that car to a mechanic too.  (We had time constraints.  The car is working perfectly now, though.  They gave us a brand new battery.)

Highlights:
    Job interview went well.  Silversun Pickups concert on Sunday for my birthday.  Old Navy skinny jeans finally came in - and they actually fit.  

Lowlights:
    Waiting to hear back about the job is driving me insaaaane.  I'm also really, really tired.
  • Options
    Highlight of this week will be BFF's birthday brunch tomorrow. I was also super exited about my pirouettes in ballet on Monday night. Lowlight would definitely be the trip to the ER Tuesday night. I blacked out twice in a ten minute span, and no one can tell me why. I'm paranoid that it will happen again. I'm super sleepy and can't wait for today to be over.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fried-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:47dc6574-2fcc-4895-a68c-3bae34c8dc24Post:ec6e68f8-63ed-462d-8f70-babe767d9e43">Re: Fried Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fried Day : Mom and I are actually driving up for that tomorrow morning!  We won't get to do any funnel cake, but we're really excited for apples and wine.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. . . nice! Enjoy! Have you been before? Or first time?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fried-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:47dc6574-2fcc-4895-a68c-3bae34c8dc24Post:94357b7f-d09b-473a-ba34-36d0e8c9e711">Re:Fried Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Highlight of this week will be BFF's birthday brunch tomorrow. <strong>I was also super exited about my pirouettes in ballet on Monday night.</strong> Lowlight would definitely be the trip to the ER Tuesday night. I blacked out twice in a ten minute span, and no one can tell me why. I'm paranoid that it will happen again. I'm super sleepy and can't wait for today to be over.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]
    Yay!!! I love pirouttes!

Katniss- Glad to hear the job interview went well!

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fried-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:47dc6574-2fcc-4895-a68c-3bae34c8dc24Post:37beb983-4ed2-4e87-af07-55d355bded51">Re:Fried Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Highlights: I'm still loving my new hair! I got a 99 on my lab report, and had frozen yogurt for lunch today. I ordered a vanity in from Target and will be reorganizing the spare bedroom to be my own personal giant closet. I booked a flight to NJ and am so so SO excited to hang out with a bunch if NEYers in a month! <strong>And the number on the scale is starting to get smaller again</strong>. Also, Elle introduced me to AVPM and it made my life. Lowlights: orthodontist appointment yesterday means my teeth hurt. And I bombed a quiz this morning.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

Told you.

Also, FIFY.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fried-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:47dc6574-2fcc-4895-a68c-3bae34c8dc24Post:dbbb78e7-c07f-41b5-8119-8041eed9bc28">Re: Fried Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fried Day : Hahaha. . . nice! Enjoy! Have you been before? Or first time?
    Posted by Smooch711[/QUOTE]

<div>First time.  We were up there last year, but I don't think it was for the festival - we just wanted apples.  It's about a two hour drive from us, so it isn't bad.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    "If Rural address or Homeless please describe where you reside" is part of the VA voter registration.

Does your state have that?
  • Options
    Jen, that's awesome that your wedding was featured!

Elle, YAY!  I am happy for you, no more work drama.  :)

Highlights:  

It is my book club again tonight and I am hosting this month.  As such, I am making a baked potato bar with broccoli, 3 types of cheese, sour cream, scallions, and bacon for toppings.  I am also making a chorizo, bison, beef chili with a hint of cocoa as a topping or more filling side.  Also chocolate chip cookies.  Also, also a Cinnamon Toast cocktail (apple cider with spiced rum and a cinnamon, sugar rimmed glass.)  I am not excited or anything!

Quality time with FI over the weekend.  We have been over the top busy lately.

Lowlights:

Getting up early tomorrow after the book club tonight so that I can take my progeny out for the Girl Scouts Day of Service at 8:45 AM.

Being too busy to keep up with peeps online and IRL.

• Options
    rws that cinamon toast cocktail sounds amaizing!!

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fried-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:47dc6574-2fcc-4895-a68c-3bae34c8dc24Post:3d11de5c-6ec7-46fe-b1b2-24ee017dc30a">Re: Fried Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]rws that cinamon toast cocktail sounds amaizing!!
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>I'll tell you how they turn out.  I am tempted to try one while I cook...</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fried-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:47dc6574-2fcc-4895-a68c-3bae34c8dc24Post:3d11de5c-6ec7-46fe-b1b2-24ee017dc30a">Re: Fried Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]rws that cinamon toast cocktail sounds amaizing!!
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

This reminded me that bf and I had a new shot while out football watching a few weeks ago.  It tastes like cinnamon toast crunch.  Apparently it was a mixture of Rumchata and Jameson.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Fried Day:[QUOTE]Jen, that's awesome that your wedding was featured!Elle, YAY! nbsp;I am happy for you, no more work drama. nbsp;:Highlights: nbsp;It is my book club again tonight and I am hosting this month. nbsp;As such, I am making a baked potato bar with broccoli, 3 types of cheese, sour cream, scallions, and bacon for toppings. nbsp;I am also making a chorizo, bison, beef chili with a hint of cocoa as a topping or more filling side. nbsp;Also chocolate chip cookies. nbsp;Also, also a Cinnamon Toast cocktail apple cider with spiced rum and a cinnamon, sugar rimmed glass. nbsp;I am not excited or anything!Quality time with FI over the weekend. nbsp;We have been over the top busy lately.Lowlights:Getting up early tomorrow after the book club tonight so that I can take my progeny out for the Girl Scouts Day of Service at 8:45 AM.Being too busy to keep up with peeps online and IRL. Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It is such a relief to have him out of my life... I can't even describe it.

And I'm going to need to make that cocktail like now.
  • Options
    Hey guys!  After a loooong day of car shopping I bought a 2002 Corolla with $1000 from the bank and the rest down.  I'm not worried about the debt, since I can probably pay it off in a month or two and the loan has no prepayment penalties.  
    I went with a dealer, but had a mechanic I trust look at it.  He said it was a great deal!  

And then I get back on here and everyone says to buy a toyota!  I think it's going to be a good car. Dang, that was stressful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards