Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews - The Bad and not so great/ok (long)

I figured I’d get the not great ones out of the way.  First, overall our trip was great.  I’m not sure if other in-suite brides felt like this, but most of our trip was pretty chaotic with getting stuff ready, picking up items, putting together things.  We did have a lot of details though and a lot of vendors.  We basically now need a vacation from our vacation, lol. I will put a follow up post of my suggestions later. 

USPS – F One of my packages I sent didn’t show up and is still missing, which was heartbreaking as there was stuff in there I worked hard on and stuff we actually needed (Scheme saved the day though with the stuff we needed). 

Mandalay Bay Front Desk – C- Well they gave our L Suite away.    They didn’t have the connector available attached to our suite like we booked/requested.  We stayed in the connector on the Wed. we arrived, at which point we were informed there was not a connector available connected to an L suite which is the only reason we booked the connector, we even paid for some of the rest of the nights for my sister because we wanted someone in it.  On Thurs. we went to check into the L and check on the connector.  At which point they said there was NO L available, but there was an E available with a connector as well.  We were not happy being downgraded but it was either that or be really screwed, and having the connector was important.  I did see both the L & E in person and really they aren’t that much different, the E is only 100 square ft. less than the L.  We also ended up liking the layout better as the office area is in a different corner so the food was away from the main room a little.  The E was to be ready at 3:30 and the connector at 4:30.  In the meantime my sister was waiting to get into their connector and therefore screwing up their day.  When my sister went to check on the room, they advised there was no connector available to the E.  Awesome, thanks for the lie.  In the end we found out the connector was un-rentable due to it being trashed the night before (who trashes a small connector room), so nobody ended up being in that room for our party anyways, which helped with any noise concerns.   They did credit us some for the issues. 

Bell Trans. – C We rented two limos and one shuttle for guests.  The limos were fine.  The shuttle was not.  Another case where the guests were told to go to one spot and the shuttle was in the other.  My DH was getting pretty worked up I heard which isn’t like him.  The shuttle lady was very odd and not the nicest I was also told. (us girls were in a limo).  One of the guests was on the phone I’m guessing talking to one of us, and said in no ill way that they were on their way now, and the shuttle driver said in the background, “tell them why you are now on your way”, meaning they were the ones who f’d up.  Then when being picked up, we were 5 minutes late (doing sparkler send off), and they threatened to leave which makes no sense seeing as we have them for an hour and just needed to be dropped off 15 min. away.  They also were being jerks thinking there were too many people on the shuttle which there were not, 3 less than the max actually. 

Lori White (attitude only) – C For the most part everyone loved the end result which I’ll post about below, however, she wasn’t the friendliest at times.  During my trial she asked if wanted to just have makeup put on top of the makeup I had on (not being told I should show up with a clean face), I said well I’d like to wash it off as I’d like to see what it will actually look like, she rolled her eyes/sighed.  On the wedding day, I had her fix one curl and pin back another, just two things that took 2 seconds, and trust me it could have been a lot worse as I’m picky with my hair.  She sighed both times.  It just would have been nice to have someone that was a little nicer, tried to make you feel more comfortable and relax, which she was sometimes but overall it was a little uncomfortable.  Her assistant was the same way a little bit to one of the BMs I was told. 

Badlands Golf Club –   **Editing**

DJ Godzilla – B He was really nice, but he played the wrong part of the song to our unity candleL  Music is big to us so this kinda sucked.  I had offered a couple times to make a CD and just wanted to go over it all to make sure he had the right parts etc. but he said he was good to go.  All the sudden the fast part of the DMB song started playing, kinda funny I guess but still disappointing. 

Re: Reviews - The Bad and not so great/ok (long)

• themrsJRDthemrsJRD member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Just got finished reading both of your posts. Congrats!!! It sounds like everything went pretty well!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-bad-not-greatok?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:4660d1df-95c5-483c-8922-347556a9f56dPost:e153b9d2-512f-44e2-be3f-51943359e7eb">Re: Reviews - The Bad and not so great/ok (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just got finished reading both of your posts. Congrats!!! It sounds like everything went pretty well!!!!
    Posted by themrsJRD[/QUOTE]

It did for the most part,the ceremony definitely had the most glitches, but I'm speaking with them now so I don't want to post the review until that is resolved.

Otherwise, yes everything was good for the most part!  I cried ugly tears, he teared up, it was very nice:)

Thanks on the congrats:)
  • edited December 2011

Wow! U looked beautiful, I love your dress!!
    I was really looking forward to your reviews specifically because I am having my reception in an L Suite at THEhotel and I wanted to see some pics.  I'm so sorry that had to happen to you! But thanks for the reviews.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-bad-not-greatok?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:4660d1df-95c5-483c-8922-347556a9f56dPost:fb24f87b-ce21-4002-b990-9e40ebda89c3">Re: Reviews - The Bad and not so great/ok (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow! U looked beautiful, I love your dress!! I was really looking forward to your reviews specifically because I am having my reception in an L Suite at THEhotel and I wanted to see some pics.  I'm so sorry that had to happen to you! But thanks for the reviews.
    Posted by chansed[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  The L is very very similar to the E, so you won't be disappointed with either! 
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on everything, sounds like a fun time!  I would assume for a make up trial to show up with no make up on, but sucks about the attitude. Sounds very unprofessional of her.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-bad-not-greatok?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:4660d1df-95c5-483c-8922-347556a9f56dPost:06d30eab-7e1a-4217-b339-d4d5ea6e13c9">Re: Reviews - The Bad and not so great/ok (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on everything, sounds like a fun time!  I would assume for a make up trial to show up with no make up on, but sucks about the attitude. Sounds very unprofessional of her.
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]

Yeah looking back I'm sure I should have not had any makeup on, but didn't even think about it, it was such a crazy busy day, and was busy even while the trial was going on.  But really it took me a minute to wash my face quick, definitely don't think the eye rolling/sighing was needed for that.  But oh well, outcome turned out how I wanted which is the most important.
  • edited December 2011
    thank you for the reviews, and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards