Washington-Seattle

just received my flowers..

i think i'm gonna cry.

this is the picture of what I thought i was getting:

I understand that they were just shipped, but most of the heads are falling off, everything is falling apart, they look HORRIBLE. nothing close to that.

i'm on hold right now, the guy keeps saying "what do you want me to do?" UGH! hopefully this works itself out.. otherwise i'm gonna be crying.
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: just received my flowers..

• edited December 2011
    Oh no :(  Booo for unnecessary stress.

Is going to Pike Place and getting some backups an option (or having someone else do it)?  I was there on Sunday and was surprised at the amount of wedding appropriate arrangements they had out for a really reasonable price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 65 asked to watch us make it happen
    image 51 helping us party
  • edited December 2011
    *hugs* Just tell him or his supervisor you want them to get you flowers that are alive and not falling to pieces by tomorrow. 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_just-received-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:a5555402-8bae-43a0-ac40-146b1eb001d3Post:09359349-122c-4580-ba2b-7fad12334130">Re: just received my flowers..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no :(  Booo for unnecessary stress. Is going to Pike Place and getting some backups an option (or having someone else do it)?  Posted by ginabrat911[/QUOTE]
    This.  Or Metropolitan Market (we have one in Tacoma, and I know there's one in lower Queen Anne in Seattle - not sure about near you?).  They have a kickin flower shop and their florists have all been really good to us, even on short notice.

At least you still have a smidge of time ot deal with it.  Remember - this is a bump in the road - something you'll laugh about after the fact.  It's all going to work out, I promise!
  • edited December 2011

and i also bought flowers from costco and they are gorgeous. it sounds like theyw ill send me more hydrangea, which is fine. I'll be going to pike place for sure.

• edited December 2011
    Hugs.  If it makes you feel better, mine haven't arrived yet and I am FLIPPING OUT.  It says they got on the truck for deliver at 7:30 this morning & FedEx has already been down our alley to deliver something to my neighbor, but NOTHING to me!  Our RD is tonight & need to cut all the stems and get them hydrated and WHY AREN'T THEY HERE YET?!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    omg jenny! i'm sorry! our RD is tonight too. :) my mum and I cut everything and got them into buckets. PS i only had 3 buckets like a dork, i had to run to the store and by 4 more. :) just fyi, have a lot just in case. where did you order them from?
  • edited December 2011
    Crap!  I only have 4 buckets.  But another knottie on DIY suggested storage tubs, which I have.  How long did it take you to cut them all???  My RD IS tonight, I have to leave at 4:45!!!
    I got them from Whole Blossoms, but I think this is a FedEx issue, not them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    Wait, so what are the buckets for?  Are you supposed to store your flowers in them until you make your centerpieces or something?
  • dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope they sent more flowers overnight. :(

And I think the buckets are for storage until you're ready for them. So you can put them in a large refrigerator or something, otherwise, centerpiece flowers might wilt and die more quickly? I think...
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_just-received-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:a5555402-8bae-43a0-ac40-146b1eb001d3Post:d7fa98db-9085-4ca5-8fa2-f1489901542d">Re: just received my flowers..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hugs.  If it makes you feel better, mine haven't arrived yet and I am FLIPPING OUT.  It says they got on the truck for deliver at 7:30 this morning & FedEx has already been down our alley to deliver something to my neighbor, but NOTHING to me!  Our RD is tonight & need to cut all the stems and get them hydrated and WHY AREN'T THEY HERE YET?!?
    Posted by jennyann28[/QUOTE]

If you still don't have them, I would call FedEx customers service STAT.
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

the buckets are for water.....at least i think so.

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    yes buckets are to store them in until we do centerpieces. :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_just-received-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:a5555402-8bae-43a0-ac40-146b1eb001d3Post:00df3547-f3d2-4d23-a313-427a57e9fdba">Re: just received my flowers..</a>:
    [QUOTE]yes buckets are to store them in until we do centerpieces. :)
    Posted by sarack[/QUOTE]
    Crap.  I hadn't even thought about that.  I'm getting my flowers the day before the wedding.  Do I need buckets?
  • edited December 2011
    Just wanted to send you {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
    Photobucket Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

no flowers yet, they said they'd be here by 10:30.. and its now noon...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards