Pre-wedding Parties

Rehersal dinner..is it really nessacary?

Our rehersal is on the Friday before our wedding (which is a Sunday) at 7:30 in the evening.  The only people there will be:

-us
-parents
-WP
-pastor
-pianist
-photographer

for a total of 16 people.  After working all day I really don't want to be out late for dinner afterwards; I'd rather go home and rest becuase Saturday will be busy.  My FMIL said they'd pay for the RD but haven't asked me anything about it.  I don't want to do a dinner but should I?

Re: Rehersal dinner..is it really nessacary?

• If you're having a rehearsal, you need to have some kind of rehearsal dinner. It can be quick, simple, and cheap, but you need to have something to thank people for showing up for the rehearsal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, it would be rude not to. It's a nice way to thank people for their time. You can make it quick and doesn't have to be fancy. 

• We aren't doing anything fancy for ours.  There will be about 25 people.  Our coordinator said rehersals usually take no longer than 30 min.  Afterwards, we are going to a favorite hole-in-the-wall chinese place.  Great food, actually pretty on the inside, and where we had our first date.
  • Yep, you need to host something.  It doesn't have to be much or fancy, just a thank you for them coming to the rehearsal.

• Agree.  You need to host something.  It doesn't need to be long or fancy.  It doesn't even need to be post-rehearsal.  You could arrange to have dinner at 5:30 or 6:00 and then go home after the rehearsal itself is over.
    Anniversary

• We planned the rehersal and dinner for Thursday night (wedding is Saturday).  The only time it may not work well is for out of town people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards