Missouri-St Louis

Locations for Pictures

Hi All!
I need suggestions on where to take pictures in between the ceremony and reception. The wedding is in Kirkwood and the reception is near Forest Park. Any ideas?
Also, what is everyone's take on timing between ceremony and reception? Right now I have 2 hours scheduled for pictures, but I've heard its better to go with 3. I was worried about the down-time for our guests. Thoughts?

Re: Locations for Pictures

• aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The less downtime for your guests the better. Gaps are considered pretty normal in St. Louis, mostly because of all the Catholics, but outside of St. Louis they're considered very rude and something to be avoided at all costs.

Because of that my FI and I are doing a first look and having our ceremony flow right into our cocktail hour, but if you're unable to do that, keeping the gap to a minimum is best.

As far as pictures, i would suggest doing them at Forest Park -- we're lucky enough to get married in a city with one of the best urban parks in the country, and there's such a great mix of areas -- use it!
    Lizzie
  • edited December 2011
    I scheduled my ceremony and reception in the same place with no gaps because that is what is most convenient for guests.  I know a lot of people in St. Louis have big gaps, but we had so many out of town friends that I didn't want to inconvenience everyone (it is never fun to wait around for something).

In Kirkwood, Downtown Kirkwood has lots of cute picture opportunities- tons of old fashioned storefronts, the train station, and super friendly people who will probably let you do basically whatever you want.

On your way downtown on 44 you'll pass Tower Grove Park, that has lots of photo ops too.  You will also be in the vicinity of the Botanical Gardens, but to shoot photos there you have to pay a fee or be a member of the garden and get permission in advance.

Of course, Forest Park is the most popular place in St. Louis to do pictures, so you'll probably want some of those.  Nearby though is the Central West End, and if you want urban pictures those streets would work well.  There's also the Cupcakery there if you wanted to do food photos (I saw some the other day that were DARLING).
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • bridetobemobridetobemo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Forest Park definitely, we spent about an hour and a half there with us and our bridal party and absolutely loved the pictures we got! I second Tower Grove park too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards