Ohio-Cincinnati

I Need Help Planing A Cheap Wedding in Cincinnati Ohio

I am in Cincinnati Ohio, and I am having a HARD time finding any thing affordable for my wedding I’m getting married next year in August , and I’m on a very tight budget, I am trying to stay under $2000, the main things I’m really worried about costing an arm and a leg are....VENUE, CATERORS, DECORTAION, PHOTOGRAPHY AND A DJ. If anyone have any ideas please, please please, let me no my email is rena_vinny@yahoo.com Thank you all so much.www.eventective.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" />

Re: I Need Help Planing A Cheap Wedding in Cincinnati Ohio

• edited December 2011
    Try getting married on a Friday or Sunday...those are usually cheaper. Also, avoid wedding season. August is a busy month for many people so they won't work with you on price.

Good luck.
    Anniversary
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2k is going to be a tough budget- have you looked at some of the parks. I am not sure of any caterer that will be around that budget, but i do suggest calling some places like city bbq, chefs choice and seeing what quotes you can get. There might be some things you can skip since they will be supplying them, or you can work to provide some of the details and save some moola. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
     That is a tight budget.  If it were me, I would spend $550 on the venue and rent one of the park shelters (Fernbank, Lakeside, etc.).   You're going to have to use friends to get this done.  Do you have any friends who have photography skills?  Otherwise, just about the cheapest you're going to find is $500, and from what I've seen of those pictures, I'd rather ask a friend to do it.   You could also have a friend announce and do an ipod dj. 

Do you know anyone who would help day of?  Use GFS (Gordon Food Service).  A few disposable chafing dishes, and there are your sides.  Heck, get KFC.  Packaged nicely, it would work.  Do an afternoon- people eat and drink less.  For decoration, borrow everything you can. 

I went to a BEAUTIFUL wedding 2 weeks ago.  I'm waiting for the photographer to post about it, but she did it all for under $5k.  It takes a lot of work, but it can be done.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    $2,000 for venue, catering, decor, dj, and photographer--for how many people?
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many ppl are you expecting?!? Sharonwoods has a cheap lodge (you can have wedding and ceremony there). Ran my sister about 250.00 I would say depending on how many ppl you'd probably have to do a lot of DIY. I have a great priced DJ if you need his info! He is doing my wedding and everything (8 hours) for 450.00
  • edited December 2011

I am planning a budget wedding as well and have found some cheaper venues around but a lot of them are already rented out. How many people are you expecting?

• edited December 2011

only 40-45 ppl

• edited December 2011

only 40-45 ppl

• bfinksbfinks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can get married outside at Devou Park for a $50 rental fee.  Its in Covington, right over the river.  I believe you would contact the Kenton County Parks and recreation.  As for cateroing, stick to finger foods and a small cake or skip the cake and do home made cookies.  These can be made ahead of time and frozen.  We are having a family friend do a cookie bar for our reception because Im not much of a cake person.   

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I thought about having an outside wedding ( i no its way cheaper)  i'm just scared its going to rain.  i would be devastated if that happen and theres no way to know how the weather would be.
  • bfinksbfinks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

can I have your DJ name and information?  Does he have a website?
    Thanks!

• 0722lizard0722lizard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend and Maid of Honor in my wedding is also on a VERY tight budget for her wedding.  She is having her reception in her parents back yard, grill out picnic style and her brother is going to be the "grill master".  We actually went goodwill shopping and found a ton of tables, chairs and really fun linens for practicly nothing.  She is ordering her flowers wholesale from Biggs and we will put them together the night before.  Music is going to be off of an ipod and we have a friend who is willing to take pictures and throw everything onto a disk for free!  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes i would like the number to the dj or let me know if he have a website. Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    Danielle Hollingsworth is a newer photographer in the area.   She is taking my second round of engagement pictures this weekend!!

http://sites.google.com/site/yourlifemywindowphotography/
  • MexicoHelperMexicoHelper member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try McCormick and Schmick downtown.   They have a lovely room with big windows overlooking fountain square.  The room is big enough for dinner tables and a dance area but will not be too huge for your small group.  We are having our rehearsal dinner there and will have 40-60 people.  They have some menus on the higher side but I found they are really willing to try to work with you on lowering the costs.  They provide white linens with black or white napkins and votive candles. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much you all have been so much help THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
  • DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a DJ will do it for cheap. Just starting up, but already has done quite a few weddings and will have done quite a few more by next august, and my hairstylist will do wedding hair for cheap (my sister, she did mine for free, but has a portfolio if you want to see her work.)
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks can you give me his information, or do he have a website?
  • edited December 2011
    IThe ideas about a shelter sound great, and can be beautiful. We went to one at Germainia Park, but the Devou idea sounds so great because you can do your pictures at that overlook. It is pretty up there. At that wedding my friend and her mom made 100 cupcakes and rented one of those three tier cupcake stands. For their cake they bought a little 8inch fondant cake for them to cut in to.  They also did their flowers, which were artificial but they looked so real! They even wrapped the bottom stems with ribbon.

For invitations try vistaprint and do the post cards. They have a special usually for 50 free...so that would be great for you!!! Just buy their coordinating envelopes, and you are set for under 50.00!!

We were at a neat pot luck style wedding last year where just specific family members brought food and it was so delicious!  There was a ton of things to choose from.

Our photographer is awesome and I think their packages start at 699. Their website studio3photographygallery.com

There are a ton of in town DJs that are under 500.00. Just make sure they are not the ones with the gigantic out dated speakers that sound just awful. I always asked to see the equiptment.

Dresses online can be tricky, but who knows! People get cars online now so why not bridal!! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I planned a wedding on a super tight budget too. Heres my bio. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING

http://www.projectwedding.com/biography/list/amanda6033
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how far you are from Batavia but Pattison Park has a nice park with a gazebo and lodge ad you can rent it for under $500.  I am considering it myself.  If you google pattison park it will come up.  I am on a tight budget too.  It is not easy!  Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards