New Hampshire

Looking for wedding venue in Southern New Hampshire or Massachusetts

Hello,

I just started the whole wedding planning process (we just got engaged a week ago).  Step 1 for us is to find a location and then use that to nail down a date.

We like the idea of a winter wedding (Jan Feb 2012).  Any ideas on a location/venue?

Our families are from southern NH and central MA.

Any idea on a venue would help us get the planning process rolling.  Thanks!

Re: Looking for wedding venue in Southern New Hampshire or Massachusetts

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement!

You should look into Atkinson Country Club in Atkinson NH.  Beautiful place!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!

We are getting married at the Granite Rose in Hampstead, NH.  They have been great to work with and it is so pretty there!

Happy planning! :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!  We got married at the Alvirne Chapel in Hudson and had our reception at Fratello's, in Manchester.  Both were wonderful places I highly recommend.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    We're from Boston and we're getting married and having the reception at Brookstone in Derry NH.
    It's gorgeous, has a winter wedding discount and gurantee and it's simply gorgeous there. Alex is awesome to work with.
    We can't wait to get married there!
    Happy planning!
    4/29/12
  • edited December 2011
    MA-Andover Country Club
    Indian Ridge Country Club-Andover
    Tirrell Room-Quincy
    Black Swan Country Club-Georgetown

NH-Castleton-Windham
    Searles Castle-Windham
    Harris Pelham Inn
    Brookstone-Derry
    Granite Rose-Hampstead
    Promises to Keep-Derry
    Executive Court-Manchester/Londonderry line
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome!

You can see a lot of recent venues used by NH brides here:  http://nhknotties.weebly.com/ and will get a ton of recommendations here on the board! 

We were married in 2008 at the Bedford Village Inn.  Close to the airport and highways, gorgeous grounds, and they do offer deals for off-season weddings.  ;-)  Happy planning!
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & Welcome!

Bedford Village Inn would be so beautiful in the winter.

The ladies have already given you some wonderful selections.

Happy Planning!
  • edited December 2011

Congrats and welcome. 

I am getting married at the Shattuck golf club in Jaffrey, NH its really pretty and has great pricing.

Also I looked into the Lakeview Pavillion in Foxborough, MA it was also beautiful but a bit more pricy!

You should get a decent discount for winter weddings because they are usually classified as "off season"!

• edited December 2011
    We got married at Sacred Hearts Church in Haverhill and had our reception at The Indian Ridge Country Club in Andover, MA. Both were great! Full reviews in my married bio, which you can find below.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I want to recommend Sky Meadow Country Club in Nashua, NH because I originally had a winter wedding planned there (but had to change our date) and they have a beautiful facility. They include a lot of stuff in their wedding packages (like a cake!) and the minimum isn't as high in the winter. Also, they have a double sided fireplace that is usually blocked off during the summer/fall but it will be fully functional in the winter as the other side is the members only bar and it closes after thanksgiving.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Sky Meadow Country Club!!  It is gorgeous and definitly has the ambiance for a winter wedding!!  They've also been wonderful to work with so far!

I think that the Bedford Village in would also be very beautiful in the winter time!  It just depends upon your guest count and budget.  I don't know how much of a discount they give in the winter but they were a little pricey when I checked them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Bio - you are right, Bedford Village Inn didn't give a discount in the winter and you still have to fill all the guest rooms if you have a late wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at BVI but wasnt crazy about the idea of having to book all the rooms some were upwards of $350/night, and we planned for January 2012, we thought that was alot to expect of our guests right afte rthe holidays. We also decided against it more so because of having everyone in the same room while they move furniture to transform from ceremony (if you do that there) to cocktail hour to reception.

We're having our wedding at the Haverhill Country Club, they have different minimums for winter. My sister also got married at Promises to Keep in Derry.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Pelham Inn in Pelham NH looks like it would have a GORGEOUS winter wedding went there for a fall wedding and it was pretty and we checked it out in winter for ours and its old but so classy
    Also, PROMISES TO KEEP in Derry NH is where we are having our wedding.. fair prices yearround and prob. even more so in Winter and its gorgeous year round, GOOD LUCK and WELCOME :):):)
    ....Happy ever after.... http://romanowedding.weebly.com/
  • melissal99melissal99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Ashworth by the Sea in Hampton, NH.  Its so nice there and really affordable- the y have a great reduction in room rates and the ballroom rental rates too.  In the winter there is barely anybody there at the beach and its nice to have the hotel to yourself.  I can't wait!!!
    TTC since 2005- Multiple Losses- IVF in Dec '10 and May '11 Surprise BFP on 12/6/11 First BETA 12/7 = 108 Second BETA 12/9= 482 Third BETA 12/16= 4,710 Ectopic Discovered and Removed with Right Tube 12/21
  • edited December 2011
    Many of these venues are really nice, but if some of your family is from Central MA then you may want to strongly consider the Nashua area to avoid giving your guests an additional 20+ min. of driving up to the Derry-Manch area.  Nashua Country Club is beautiful, and their Ballroom is simply gorgeous.  Good luck!
  • SoonToBeJRE11SoonToBeJRE11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Nahsua Radisson in the Wentworth ball room.  This is a smaller ballroom from the grand ball room and has floor to ceiling windows.  we booked it last year and are getting married this october.  I love it because its not your "standard" ball room.  They have a huge tasting at the end of the month where they set up the grandball room up like a wedding and you can litterally try everything they offer.
  • edited December 2011
    My friend had a december wedding at the bedford villiage inn and it was SO pretty in the winter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards