December 2012 Weddings
Options

Too soon or late for Invitations?

Our wedding is 12/30/2012. I was hoping to have invitations out sometime in September, is that too soon?

Final count goes to vendors the week of 12/16 and I don't want to clash with any holidays.

Thanks!

Re: Too soon or late for Invitations?

• Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_too-soon-or-late-for-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:e370c8bd-b931-47c9-a576-d33ec1ede166Post:c6282394-d54f-4732-a653-7ac5852f67a9">Too soon or late for Invitations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is 12/30/2012. I was hoping to have invitations out sometime in September, is that too soon? Final count goes to vendors the week of 12/16 and I don't want to clash with any holidays. Thanks!
    Posted by shtaycee5[/QUOTE]

<div>You're early- they say 4 to 6 weeks prior. If you've sent out Save the Dates, some people have already planned around the holidays for it. I'd say you're safe to do 8 weeks out, but anymore than that and people are very likely not going to have any idea if they can come, so you might get a few no that turn into yes's and yes's that turn into nos. For our 12/8, I'm planning on sending out invites no sooner that 10/8. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I'd set your RSVP about a week before you need your final vendor counts so you can call people if they don't RSVP. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is 12.08.12 and I plan to send my invites out on 09.15.12. I asked that we have all RSVP's back by 11.10.12 so that I have almost 4 weeks to call the people who do not RSVP on-time. I have to give a final headcount to all my vendors at least 2 weeks prior to the wedding. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_too-soon-or-late-for-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:e370c8bd-b931-47c9-a576-d33ec1ede166Post:aeb3d25f-3bad-4dfe-9cdd-b4352b5b6beb">Re: Too soon or late for Invitations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Too soon or late for Invitations? : You're early- they say 4 to 6 weeks prior. If you've sent out Save the Dates, some people have already planned around the holidays for it. I'd say you're safe to do 8 weeks out, but anymore than that and people are very likely not going to have any idea if they can come, so you might get a few no that turn into yes's and yes's that turn into nos. For our 12/8, I'm planning on sending out invites no sooner that 10/8.  Also, I'd set your RSVP about a week before you need your final vendor counts so you can call people if they don't RSVP. 
    Posted by saacjw[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with PP.  For 12/2 wedding, my RSVP date is 11/10, which is 10 days before the headcount for the caterer is due.  I will be sending out invitations in the first couple of weeks in October.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good to know I wasnt positive on that either since I am getting married 12/8/12
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It depends that for how distance your relatives are located. If they in some other country then it is not too early but if they are living close then it may be little early and not too early.
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies! I'll push it back later!
  • Options
    yowen1yowen1 member
    First Comment
    I know you don't know me.... but good karma always cirlces! =)
    help me out....

I have an amazing chance to win a FREE wedding this 12/12/12. It's worth OVER $40,000.
    Please vote for us.

Click - www.genevawedding.com/vote
    Vote - Yvette & Martin
    Done. Easiest. Favor. Ever.

Thank you so much & God Bless You All
  • Options
    It depends, we're having a destination wedding and have to have the final guest count by 11/16, so we're sending them out in September
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Options
    I'm planning to send my invites out in late October and our RSVP deadline is Dec 1.  Our weddin date is 12/30/12
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards