Snarky Brides

Humpa Humpa Flame Day

Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day

• I flame Labrnr for trying to start drama for entertainment, but just coming off as annoying.  Also for her RSVP date...good luck with that.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:e2a99ed5-3e10-4ad3-a795-dac2ad9636e4">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE] I flame all of you for being boring, why do you thing there are so many Trolls?  I flame anyone on here that makes or has made an AE, come on people this is the internet.  My user name is my AE, there is no way that any of you are the exact same person on herre as you are in real life.  If these forums are so boring that you have to make a "secret" AE to add some excitement, something is wrong.
    Posted by Labrnr[/QUOTE]

I'm boring, I can admit it. But I don't claim to be interesting either. And for the record, I think people create trolls because they want attention, not because a board is so boring that it needs livening up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:880a8f4a-5094-4bec-90ba-76d2fed64252">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame Labrnr for trying to start drama for entertainment, but just coming off as annoying.  <strong>Also for her RSVP date...good luck with that</strong>.
    Posted by mewebster59[/QUOTE]

This has been discussed and picked over forever. It's not even flameworthy anymore. It's just dumb.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:171d1458-741c-4d83-a479-5c9ac9825e35">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get why Midgie is pissed. That was probably a major benefit for her and now it's gone. It would basically be like a $200 - $500 per month pay cut without warning because now she will have to start providing her own transportation. That would bother me as well.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I understand where she is coming from too, I would be upset.  Happy to have a job at all, but still upset about the pay/benefit cut.
  • I can understand Midgie's point now, having more details. But I still think you should thank your lucky stars you're still employed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:d1df6585-aa18-4f56-a7ba-c33e4dd1cfa7">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : This has been discussed and picked over forever. It's not even flameworthy anymore. It's just dumb.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Missed that, sorry.  I flame her for keeping it that way then since she must know it is wrong...but I guess that may be her whole point.
  • My mom has been unemployed for over a year.  Just sayin'  She'd gladly take a job where her salary was cut.  She was just cut off completely.

I realize you have become accustomed to a certain way of living, but welcome to the recession.  Everyone is reworking their budgets.

Before my mom lost her job, her and my dad did a lot of stuff they didn't have to do, shopping, going out to dinner with the family, going on vacation.

You learn to deal and suck it up.  Welcome to grown up land.
    Photobucket
  • I think Labrnr is one to talk for being dull and uninteresting, considering the great wit that she seems to possess.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • I flame beatles for seemingly dropping off the face of the earth.  Come back, beatles! 
  • Yeah, I still don't, because it wasn't money in her pocket. Maybe that makes me callous, but watching my brother's self-esteem crumble to next-to-nothing over the past 15 months has been heart-wrenching. He'd finally gotten to a place where he was really, really good at what he did, and liked it and the people he worked with, and all of a sudden - it was gone.

Maybe the loss of the cars to all but the people she mentioned is so she'll keep her job and stay employed, as a cost cutting measure, and then they'll reevaluate later. Either way it isn't literal money out of her pocket, but I know what you're saying Cew.  I'm sure my brother would've gladly handed over any vehicle he had to keep his company afloat.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:c9ab70e3-61c8-4bf2-b687-e87307d56eb9">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom has been unemployed for over a year.  Just sayin'  She'd gladly take a job where her salary was cut.  She was just cut off completely. I realize you have become accustomed to a certain way of living, but welcome to the recession.  Everyone is reworking their budgets. Before my mom lost her job, her and my dad did a lot of stuff they didn't have to do, shopping, going out to dinner with the family, going on vacation. You learn to deal and suck it up.  Welcome to grown up land.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I was trying to say, but Shelly did a much better job. You're an adult, learn to deal with it.
  • Sarah, I was going to put labradodo at the idiot's table with harmrose and the foolish dalj2.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:65c34318-bb87-48e7-bdc7-2a311c3d87e5">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I still don't, because it wasn't money in her pocket. Maybe that makes me callous, but watching my brother's self-esteem crumble to next-to-nothing over the past 15 months has been heart-wrenching. He'd finally gotten to a place where he was really, really good at what he did, and liked it and the people he worked with, and all of a sudden - it was gone. Maybe the loss of the cars to all but the people she mentioned is so she'll keep her job and stay employed, as a cost cutting measure, and then they'll reevaluate later. Either way it isn't literal money out of her pocket, but I know what you're saying Cew.  I'm sure my brother would've gladly handed over any vehicle he had to keep his company afloat.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

I can agree with this. I totally see where Midgie is coming from, but at the same time I hate to hear people complain about their jobs like they deserve this or that in such an economy. My co-workers do it all the time and I want to shake them and tell them they should be happy to have a full-time job.

My stepdad was just laid off and works 2 days a week at another job. The day after he got laid off he broke his toe and sent a drill bit through his wrist (by accident, he was working on a boat and something broke). Now he doesn't have health insurance and is basically hoping it all gets better on its own.

So what if you lose a car, regardless of any previous salary agreement. So what if I have a boss that makes our lives hell. It could be so much worse.
  • Oh Labia, as much as I would love to engage you in a battle of wits, I find it unsporting to fight with someone so obviously unarmed.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• So are we just going to tell people to be a grownup and deal whenever anyone posts a vent about anything from now on? If so, I'll put away my empathy card.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:b5bed2e6-d29c-4cca-a382-0357e666109b">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]So are we just going to tell people to be a grownup and deal whenever anyone posts a vent about anything from now on? If so, I'll put away my empathy card.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

I can keep it for you if you'd like.  I'll store it safely next to my race card.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• I flame anyone who thinks it's okay and justifiable to have "honorary bridesmaids" (see E board- Mother inlaw picking wedding party).  I found this concept appalling and thank God there were only a few people who didn't see anything wrong with this or having a guest book attendant!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:b5bed2e6-d29c-4cca-a382-0357e666109b">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]So are we just going to tell people to be a grownup and deal whenever anyone posts a vent about anything from now on? If so, I'll put away my empathy card.

No, I don't mind if people vent, but it just seems a little ridiculous in her OP.  I'm sure its difficult, but just remember there are people who are in a far worse position.
    Photobucket
  • I can see being upset and venting about a salary decrease.  I'm personally biased because the recession/being unemployed/underpaid is a sore spot for me, and I'm bitter. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Waitaminute, there's ANOTHER DALJ?! Is that right?
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:0c48194e-1fdc-44a0-93ec-444751e938a0">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : I can keep it for you if you'd like.  I'll store it safely next to my race card.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

How did I miss this?

I heart you!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:e977886c-650e-408e-9214-f47820f4a81b">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can see being upset and venting about a salary decrease.  I'm personally biased because the recession/being unemployed/underpaid is a sore spot for me, and I'm bitter. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

This.  If this rant came out three years ago, when the economy was still pretty good and I had a job, I probably would have commiserated more.  That being said though, I can understand how having something yanked out from under you like that would be a little disconcerting and upsetting.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:2d4b4e9f-6dc3-4125-bfab-8d74bd7b1dbe">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Waitaminute, there's ANOTHER DALJ?! Is that right?
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]
    A second one joined yesterday and left an L out of "little" in her sn.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:b5bed2e6-d29c-4cca-a382-0357e666109b">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:

For most vent-type things I have empathy. But it's pretty hard for me to listen to someone whine about losing their free fucking car. And when H lost his company car, I told him the same thing. You're a grown-up. We'll find a way to deal with this, and we did. His company car was also considered part of his pay. I'm a fan of the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps and make it work" motto.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:e2a99ed5-3e10-4ad3-a795-dac2ad9636e4">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame myself for coming back to the SB and E boards in hopes that there will be some entertainment. I flame myself again for being annoying in hopes of bringing out some entertainment. FAIL I flame all of you for being boring, why do you thing there are so many Trolls?  I flame anyone on here that makes or has made an AE, come on people this is the internet.  My user name is my AE, there is no way that any of you are the exact same person on herre as you are in real life.  If these forums are so boring that you have to make a "secret" AE to add some excitement, something is wrong.
    Posted by Labrnr[/QUOTE]

And I flame you for looking to us for entertainment. If you can't tell, most of us can entertain ourselves pretty well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:84748da2-e26b-4e59-b899-6f5fb5c2b3d7">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame anyone who thinks it's okay and justifiable to have "honorary bridesmaids" (see E board- Mother inlaw picking wedding party).  I found this concept appalling and thank God there were only a few people who didn't see anything wrong with this or having a guest book attendant!
    Posted by acmj11[/QUOTE]

and just to think, I was SO close to asking you to be my honorary guest book attendant... you know, because I already have a guest book attendant, you can be the pretend one
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:75e53807-de13-46e8-a69f-e33affa9111c">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I freshly flame Luckyme's random post about placecard holders. It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal and doesn't make her a "callous bitch."
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

This

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:e877b20a-296a-4747-9384-29a61ad29ec4">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry that I read the end of the Torontonians thread. Guys, it is not always the case that police = good and protesters = bad. When FI got arrested at the RNC in 2004 in New York, it was because he was part of a legal protest on bikes, but bikes were not allowed between certain streets, and the cops led the protest into the area where bikes were not allowed, and then pinned them in with motorcycles and mass-arrested them. And then they had him handcuffed on a bus for like eight hours.
    I think in the case of this past weekend in Toronto, the cops did everything they could to try to keep order and prevent it from getting worse. They didnt arrest enough people on Saturday and got slammed for it, and then they arrested too many people on sunday and got slammed for it. As far as im concerned, everyone knew going into it where the protest areas were and what the laws are. It is OBVIOUSLY illegal to protest in the middle of an intersection sitting on the ground drawing traffic to a standstill. It is also illegal to smash the fuuck out of stores. As far as im concerned the cops = did a hell of a good job this weekend. There is no way to know what intellegence the cops are going on when they do something like that, if they know who/what group is in there that they need to target or what the protesters will do.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Oh, and I still think AATB is full of it. I still refuse to take anything she says seriously.
  • Yeah me!  I post one thing on one day I already made it into a flame!  Awesome, my work here is done! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards