Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ideas for contemporary Christian worship songs during ceremony

So now comes the part of printing up the programs.

We are going to be singing two contemporary Christian worship songs, but we really need some suggestions/ideas..

Here's some that we've thought on, but know if the lyrics would sound perfect for a wedding:

* In Christ Alone -sung by: Adrienne Liesching and Geoff Moore
* You are my All in All -sung by Nicole Nordeman
* Beautiful One -sung by Jeremy Camp
* How Deep the Father's Love for Us -sung by Sarah Sadler
* Indescribable -sung by Chris Tomlin

All of these can be found on youtube - most with lyrics.

Any help would be great

Re: Ideas for contemporary Christian worship songs during ceremony

• edited March 2010
    I love In Christ Alone, and Beautiful One, and Indescribable...I think they would all work well.  

We are thinking about Hosanna by Hillsongs/United, mainly because I love it.  And then likely a hymn (FIs parents are a little more old school) so I was thinking of All Creatures for that one. If I could slip in a 3rd song I would go for Beautiful One or This is Life (which is by a local Toronto band so is fairly unknown), but I like the thought of Indescribable.  
  • I don't really think worship songs at a wedding really need to have any clever little wedding tie-ins...since the point of including them is worship, not entertainment...though I do understand wanting them to be appropriate for the occaison.  I personally love "How Deep the Father's Love For Us," but the others on your list are great too!  Are you looking for something more upbeat, or something slower?

Here are some of my other favorites:
    "I Will Lift My Eyes" - Bebo Norman
    "Take My Life" - Chris Tomlin
    "Let Everything That Has Breath" - Matt Redman
    "Sing to the King" - Chris Tomlin

• I think we're gonna end up going with 3 worship songs, because we can't make up our minds between these 3:

"Revelation Song" by Phillips, Craig & Dean
    "In Christ Alone" by Adrienne Liesching and Geoff Moore
    "How Deep the Father's Love for Us" - by Sarah Sadler
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE Indescribable. One of my fave songs at church and totally appropriate for a wedding. I like Beautiful One a lot, too, but if my memory serves me correctly (I haven't listened to that one in a while), it never specifically says "God" is the "Beautiful One" and I think if any of you're guests haven't heard that one, they may think you're talking about each other, not God. (If my memory serves me incorrectly, then I love that song for a wedding!) In Christ Alone is also a fantastic choice. All your choices are great, but those are my top picks. :)
    Anniversary
  • I love 'How he loves us' too!
  • I agree with MRB that if the purpose of having worship songs is truly for worship, they don't need a wedding tie-in.  We had a worship band play before we entered the church so there was no pressure for people to know the words or tunes.  But if your guests would mostly be familiar with the songs, that probably isn't an issue.

Now to your question, I would personally like "In Christ Alone" and "Beautiful One" the best.  It is awesome that you are doing this at your wedding.  What a great way to invite God into your wedding on your special day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ideas-contemporary-christian-worship-songs-during-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:887284b1-477c-42d7-9b6b-d57fcc342b9bPost:efaaad50-09a7-43a5-bc65-149180f295f0">Re: Ideas for contemporary Christian worship songs during ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with MRB that if the purpose of having worship songs is truly for worship, they don't need a wedding tie-in.  We had a worship band play before we entered the church so there was no pressure for people to know the words or tunes.  But if your guests would mostly be familiar with the songs, that probably isn't an issue. Now to your question, I would personally like "In Christ Alone" and "Beautiful One" the best.  It is awesome that you are doing this at your wedding.  What a great way to invite God into your wedding on your special day!
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

Thanks iamjoesgurl! Btw - I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture you have posted (the fall colors are absolutely breathtaking - not to mention the couple!) ;)
  • I agree with mrb5000 - I don't think it has to be wedding tie-in's.  It's about worship. 

I've listed for my wedding (still trying to narrow down) the previously mentioned: How Deep the Father's Love, You are my all in all, Revelation Song, Indesciable...

Plus.. I like: 10,000 Reasons (Matt Redman) and This is Amazing Grace (Phil Wickham)...

A good mix is good to make sure there is something familar for all ages of wedding guests.

Just to give brides a few more ideas, seems to be a good topic!  Thanks Ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards