Not Engaged Yet

It's Friday...W00T!

The unofficial start of summer is upon us!

1. Favorite food to have at a BBQ?

2. Favorite outdoor game?

3. Do you prefer pools (kiddie or otherwise), lakes, oceans, ponds, bath tubs, sprinkers or slip & slides for cooling off?

4. What's your favorite thing about summer?

5. What are your plans for the weekend?
image image image image 
"but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's Friday...W00T!

• edited December 2011
    Corn on the cob

Some call it ladder ball others call it bolo

3. Do you prefer pools (kiddie or otherwise), lakes, oceans, ponds, bath tubs, sprinkers or slip & slides for cooling off?
    Lakes, but not the one around here because it's gross

Camping

I can't work at the store tonight because I'll go over 40 hours (which is a no no for part timers) so I'll probably hang out with my brother.

Saturday - Working during the day but apparently getting out early to keep my hours down so I'm working on plans for Saturday night, we might cook out at the house and have people over for poker or find a BBQ to hang out at.

Sunday & Monday - Schedule isn't out yet but I'm sure I'm working like crazy since that's the usual way of it.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Cheeseburgers! Or corn on the cob

I <3 croquet. Bocce is fun too.

Hm. I love the ocean and I love living near the ocean. But, I think lakes are more fun for waterskiing and tubing activities.

EVERYTHING! Hot air, ice cream, wearing shorts, being tan, going on walks at night, bonfires, looking at the stars. !!! I can't wait!

FSIL is in town. BBQ tonight. Our 2 good friends are getting married on Sunday!!!!! Woowoo!!!
  • edited December 2011
    A good macaroni or potato salad!
    Washers or any of those homemade lawn games.
    3. Do you prefer pools (kiddie or otherwise), lakes, oceans, ponds, bath tubs, sprinklers or slip & slides for cooling off?
    Pools mainly but there is nothing like laying out on the beach looking at the ocean and hearing the waves...now I want to go to the beach!
    Grilling out, camp fires, smores, camping, swimming, and just not having to where a coat or deal with snow.
    Dinner with my parents and BF's parents tonight, BBQ at my house Saturday and then excited for a day off on Monday to do nothing. Although I won't do nothing, I will probably go do some shopping!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I loooove BBQ Chicken

Bocce Ball and Washers

p.s. Button - around my home town we call ladder ball - 'monkey ball'

Well.. I do love a good soaking tub LOL But I guess outdoors I would have to say I really love the ocean, although lakes are fun.  Shoot, can I just pick them all?  I do miss being young and doing the slip and slide...

Fishing, camping, going to the lake....

Ah, I think we're going to have a fish fry on Sunday... Other than that, no big plans
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin make THE BEST cheesy potatos.. I can't wait to eat a plate full on Sunday.

Volleyball is a family favorite. I usually sit in the shade, eat cheesy potatos, and gossip about the family members who couldn't make it.

I prefer my dogs kiddie pool or BF's hot tub when the heat is cooled down. Actually, I'll take any body of water I can fit a raft into.

BF's dad's summer concerts. So many Catholic church festivals with alcohol...yummm.

Tomorrow- Nothing
    Sunday- Family BBQ
    Monday- Nothing.
    imageimageimageimage
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cheeseburgers. Desserts. of any kind really. I don't discriminate.

Kickball. Bocce, Bags, Washers

Pools. Ever since a fish nibbled on my belly as a child I don't like lakes much. Oceans just scare me. Ponds - around here ponds=misquito breeding ground nastiness.

The warm weather! Ice cream. All the fairs and festivals.

I only have to work 3 hours today! Then off to do some errands. Tomorrow I am haivng lunch with some friends at a place that is right on a lake that people pull their boats up to. I said I am going to flirt my way onto a boat. (ok, not really going to happen, but I really want to go boating.) Working on my veil some more. That's really all I got. I hope stuff comes up, because I don't want to be bored out of my mind.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Corn on the cob, Good potato saland, cheeseburgers and grilled sweet potatoes

Bocce ball

Pools. I don't have good memories of lakes/ponds/rivers and oceans scary me a little bit.

I love summer and there isn't much I don't like about it, except for humidity (it felt like 42....108 for Americans earlier this week with the humidity) and mosquitos (I don't know why they love me so much).

Getting out of the city and working around my new house, hopefully partaking in the 2 festivals that are going on in my town this weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Miami - it's ALWAYS summer.  It just means for me that a) it's conference season, so I'm traveling um, constantly!  b) it's ridiculously humid, and c) that I'll burn upon stepping foot outside

Ambrosia - it's my Mom's recipe of fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, dried coconut, sour cream, and marshmallows.  Really simple to make, amazingly delicious!

I like going biking - does that count?

Pools - anything with no sand or dirt that get on my feet when they're wet.  Yes, I know that's weird.  I hate sand with my sunscreen, and I reapply sunscreen like it's going out of business.

The sunshine!  It makes me happy and in a good mood.  I have a spectacular view from my office, and I can see boats and parasailers and dolphins.  It's really amazing!

Don't get a weekend - I fly to London tomorrow for our conference this week, and I'll be working non-stop until Thursday at 3pm UK time.  Then I'm off to Paris for the weekend!  Never been, and would be much more excited about it if I wasn't so damned busy with this event!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ribs and chicken YUM !

Ladder Ball , if you've never heard of it google it ;)

Pools definitely , though I grew up at the ocean and love it , I almost drowned several years ago and has kind of traumatized me ><

My birthday ? lol , not sure ;)

Dress shopping today , buying invites tomorrow and checking out stores for FI's suit for wedding and getting HIM to try on wedding bands woo! Working Saturday and Sunday as well..boo.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Favorite food to have at a BBQ?Salad

2. Favorite outdoor game?uh.. I don't really like being outdoors. I guess soccer since I used to play and so did most of my siblings.

3. Do you prefer pools (kiddie or otherwise), lakes, oceans, ponds, bath tubs, sprinkers or slip & slides for cooling off? It depends on the pool. I like oceans, but don't throw me in/push me in. I like bath tubs, but not for cooling off, only for my attempt at relaxing.

4. What's your favorite thing about summer?Leaving Arizona to a place with better weather.

5. What are your plans for the weekend?Buying stuff to start a garden. Cleaning th house. I'm not really sure what else.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • edited December 2011
    Deviled Eggs...they were my dads favorite
    Volleyball
    Ocean! Last year I did most of my diving at the aquarium with the whales, but typically I guess lakes because thats what we do a majority of our diving in...I can settle for a pool
    !4. What's your favorite thing about summer?
    Scuba Diving!!...and hot weather, and horse back riding in the evening/taking my horse swimming
    Brazilian BBQ tonight, then I have to work on analyzing my data and finishing my literature review by tuesday. Hopefully it gets above 50 this weekend and stops raining so I can ride again
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Favorite food to have at a BBQ? Cheese burgers....mmmm....

2. Favorite outdoor game?WASHERS!! SO much fun!!!!

3. Do you prefer pools (kiddie or otherwise), lakes, oceans, ponds, bath tubs, sprinkers or slip & slides for cooling off? I LOVE the lake we have at our farmhouse, it has a waterfall! But I also love the ocean...so...it's a tie!

4. What's your favorite thing about summer? Roadtrips, toobing, drinks by a campfire

Tonight - FI and I are relaxing with the pugs.  Maybe some venue research...maybe not

Saturday - Taking Molly to the vet, lunch with FI, grocery shopping, cleaning the house and BONFIRE!!!

Sunday - work 8:30 a.m. til noon.  Then I dunno! Supper at Mom and Dad's Sunday evening.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • MeShell1313MeShell1313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shrimp skewers and my veggie medley (tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and potatoes tossed in EVOO, sea salt and pepper  and thrown on the grill)

Softball/baseball

Lakes to play on the jet skis, ocean for everyday relaxing

Not being in school, taking my dog to the beach, it just feels relaxing & laid back

Working both jobs today and tomorrow, graduation party for a friend's daughter tomorrow night and working, laundry and packing all day Sunday. And somewhere in there trying to hit the gym .
     .......but Monday the BF & I leave for 5 days/4 nights all-inclusive in Cancun!! (super excited!! in case the exclemation marks didn't give it away)
  • edited December 2011

Hmm, well, I guess my Nana's potato salad. I also LOVE baked beans... I'll usually bring some Bush's vegetarian baked beans with me. Most everyone puts bacon in theirs. :(

Football! I love some backyard football.

Laying in the sun and letting sprinklers cool me off is pretty appealing. I would go for a swim in a pool before I'd go in a natural body of water, though. Too many unknowns.

Umm, like EVERYTHING. It's my favorite season! (Josh says I say every season is my favorite season as it approaches). Watermelon, swimming, wearing next to nothing because it's too hot for anything more, afternoon thunderstorms, fresh produce, flowers all over the place, sunshine, my birthday!

Write thank-you notes for my shower, clean my apartment, put the rest of our wedding party gifts in gift bags, get my hair done, brush the cats, clip their nails, maybe get together with my friends, wait for my family to start arriving. Uhh, There may be other things that I've forgotten.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards