January 2012 Weddings

It just doesn't feel real yet...

My wedding is Saturday... SATURDAY! ... and I'm just not feeling it. I feel like I'm helping yet another friend with one of their weddings. I'm also not motivated to get anything done. I have so much left to do, but I'm distracted...

Anybody else know the feeling or am I an oddball?

Re: It just doesn't feel real yet...

• I felt like that too. I had to go home for 2 weeks prior to my wedding, so I had to have everything done.  I felt like I was just home visiting. It didn't feel real till I went to the venue all dolled up!

Its perfectly normal.

Can you ask people to help you with stuff? People generally love to help out the bride. Or is there anything we can help with? If you put a list of stuff that you still need to do, we could offer suggestions.

GL!
  • I'M FEELING EXACTLY THE SAME.

I did manage to get a couple of things done yesterday, but for the most part it still has not hit me.  The anxiety I feel is weird - I do not feel like I'm getting married this Saturday, just that I have a deadline with a list of things to do a mile long.  Maybe when I get there Thursday I will feel it. 

Mind you it's not apathy or anything.  It is just that reality has not set in!
    "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." - Dolly Parton Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Aww, I appreciate that. But no, it's just the nitty gritty like printing programs, and putting together favors. The biggest problem I'm worried about is that my entire "decor" is centered around my trees and they're taking forever to paint. What's worse, is that my centerpieces are sticks, and I've procrastinated getting them, and now it's raining...  They're gonna be way too wet to paint... and I'm just not in the mood to deal with it :(
  • I am right there with ya! I am not nervous yet, I'm still very clam and I'm getting married on Friday!

I think part of it could be that even though I am getting everything ready for the wedding mentally I have been focusing on the honeymoon so I dont end up freaking out and getting all nervous.

So it sounds to me like you're normal! You'll get excited/nervous the day of I bet.
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012

I hope you can focus on getting everything done because in the end it will be worth it. I worked my butt off for my wedding and it payed off. The details that I worked so hard on for the past 10 months really made everything look perfect. I know that you too will be very happy once you walk into your reception room and see your vision come to life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with Tara, it is all worth it. I don't think it really felt real for me until a few minutes before I walked down the aisle
  • Awww, I love your wedding photo! It looks like your wedding was absolutely beautiful! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards