Pennsylvania

Non WR

Hello all!

Just wanted to stop by and see if everyone is doing ok after the hurricane?! We moved from NJ to Stroudsburg, PA just in the nick of time! We only lost power for about 3 days but I hear some surrounding areas are still without.

Hope you are all well and the storm didn't affect any wedding plans!

Re: Non WR

• Hey future!  Sorry, I don't check this board often cause it is usually crickets.

We were very fortunate and only lost power for about 30 hours.  Thankfully, no damage to our house or vehicles.

So how do you like the burg?  I've lived here all my life so if you ever need anything, let me know!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I went to ESU some years back and always liked the area... I think its a shame Marshalls Creek was moved. We were fortunate enough and only lost power for 3 days. It was stressful but I couldn't complain...most of my friends and family live in NJ and they were worse off.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_non-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:0810faf7-c674-4eb5-a25f-da9b40df6c7cPost:1b4c8d2d-4aaf-4ff0-bd21-0356533015f3">Re:Non WR</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I went to ESU some years back and always liked the area...<strong> I think its a shame Marshalls Creek was moved.</strong> We were fortunate enough and only lost power for 3 days. It was stressful but I couldn't complain...most of my friends and family live in NJ and they were worse off.
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

Huh?  I do believe Marshalls creek is still in Marshalls Creek (if that makes sense.)  Are you referring to the bypass?  I'm confused...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_non-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:624Discussion:0810faf7-c674-4eb5-a25f-da9b40df6c7cPost:a865e6fb-f62a-4f7b-9343-c50c928fd6d2">Re:Non WR</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Non WR : Huh?  I do believe Marshalls creek is still in Marshalls Creek (if that makes sense.)  Are you referring to the bypass?  I'm confused...
    Posted by LiLe422[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no..
    I was referring to the flea market thats now gone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ohhhhh gotcha!  I think it just moved further down 209, going toward bushkill?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We just got married on November 2nd, in the aftermath of the hurricane.  We had no power all week, so that made last minute wedding preparations a bit difficult.  Luckily, everything worked out and all of our friends and family members are safe and sound.  We had 2 couples who own homes in NJ cancel at the last minute due to hurricane damage, but most of our other wedding guests were grateful that our wedding happened when it did because our venue actually had power when most homes around here did not!

Sidenote: H graduated from ESU.  
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Leave it to me to post on here and then forget to check back!

So far Stroudsburg has been good! What I am in need of is friends! I haven't met anyone yet. The FI travels 4 days out of the week so my weekends are pretty boring. I just got accepted into a grad program at ESU! Start in January, so excited and nervous, been a while since I was in an actual classroom! I also just got a job at Olive Garden. I really don't want to be a server again but hopefully it will allow me to have a flexible schedule once classes start and some fast cash for the holiday season and wedding planning. Which I have been soo lax on the past two months! Eek.

So glad to hear everyone is ok! And Congrats lls!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards