Connecticut

rehearsal dinner question?

if we are letting people in serious relationships in our wedding party bring guests to our wedding do they come to the rehearsal dinner to?

Re: rehearsal dinner question?

• I personally think it is proper etiquette to do this, or allow a guests. However, I am lucky enough that our budget allows for the bridal party to bring their significant others.
  • We have our wedding party + significant others.  I don't know if most of them will come because ours will be on a Thursday, but we are still inviting them.  We were trying to cut our RD (we're at about 35 adults and 7 kids) so I asked my mom and she said we have to invite them.  And they are all in serious 3+ year/living together relationships or married.

I would say if it was a serious S.O. then yes I would invite them.  If it's a casual date then I don't think I would.  FI's stepbrother is coming home from the army for our wedding and although we are giving him a +1 for the wedding we aren't giving him one for the rehearsal. 
  • Committed relationships only.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    Anyone who is in our wedding party and in a relationship is going to be invited with their date to the rehersal dinner. I'm not sure if we are going to give plus-one's to single members of the wedding party for the rehersal dinner. It would be especially weird for out of town guests / party members to go to the rehersal dinner alone and leave their SO back in the hotel room to find food for themself.

Edit: I should clarify that we only plan to invite parents, siblings, grandparents and wedding party to the rehersal dinner. 
  • Agree with PPs - we have a few people in our WP who are married so of course their spouses are invited...then we have a few who are in serious relationships (longer than a year) and we are also inviting those significant others. For everyone else who is either single or casually dating here-and-there, we are allowing them to bring a "plus one" to the wedding but not inviting them to the RD.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards