Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

father daughter dance help

So my mother wants me to do dance with my step dad. Keep in mind me real father will be there to walk me down the isle etc but my mom thinks it would be a sweet gesture to dance with step dad as well.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work but at the same time not take away from my real fathers experience.
What do you guys think about maybe starting a dance with step dad and also asking for mother and groom to dance with us. then we can knock out two dance with one song and my dad can have his moment with me for a whole song by ourselves...
Anyone else having a dad and step dad attending and going through this issue too lol

Re: father daughter dance help

• I am dancing with both of my dads too.  My step dad is more of my "dad", so we will dance to the sappy song.  My biological father and I are dancing to "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra.  Its not overly sentimental, so it works.

I am not a fan of doing the dance at the same time, only because you don't want to take away from your FI's time with his mom.  But I won't say I didn't have the same thought.  :)

• Thanks! big help! 33 more days and im stressing over the little things now lol
  • Another idea is the groom could dance with your mom while you dance with step dad. Put his dance with his own mom in between your dance with dad and your dance with step dad so you aren't hopping from one to the other. Maybe dance for a minute alone with step dad and then have groom and your mom join you. His dad and mom and your dad and stepmom (if he's married) could join in after a little while too. That way you get your dance with step dad to appease mom but it's not the same spot light moment that your daddy-daughter dance is.
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • I danced with my godfather because my father is not in my life.  Later on in the night I dedicated a song to my mother and we danced it together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • my dad's missed out on a lot of milestones in my life because since i was 10 years old we've lived 1200mi apart.  I'm going to tell my step dad that I want to have this one moment with my dad.  He's had a chance to make so many memories with me and I want to give my dad something of his own (dad and step-dad walking me down the aisle)  We will however dance later together but it won't be in front of everyone.  I'll also make sure to tell the photographer so he can get pics of us dancing also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards