Pre-wedding Parties

Planning the bachelorette party - SAVE ME!!!!

So, my best friend is getting married in about 7 weeks. We haven't had much time to plan for anything because her fiance is in the Marines and she's pregnant, very pregnant. She has 2 Maids of Honor, myself and another girl, along with 3 other bridesmaids. 
We're trying to plan a surprise bachelorette party for her, but have no ideas on what we should do. So far, we can't figure out a weekend where we can all make it and we have no idea who would be appropriate to invite. We're trying to keep it small, but big enough to make it fun. It's just going to be at one of our houses so it has to be kept reasonable.
All we know is that we're providing the food ourselves and we want to make it an "adult" party. One problem is that none of us are old enough to drink and another is that none of us have any money. We have a couple connections to get some cheap entertainment, but I'm not really sure if that would last us the entire night. So I guess my main question would be, does anyone have any ideas on what to do to keep the fun going throughout the entire night???

Re: Planning the bachelorette party - SAVE ME!!!!

• llmasters81llmasters81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So Bride is pregnant? Well you could have one of the sugar & spice parties- "toy" party... Those are always fun a friend of mine had one for her bachelorette party & was lots of fun. I dont really know anything else never had to plan a bach party for a pregnant bride,,, guess that makes you get creative!lol
    If it was me I would try for the sugar & spice party & if that feel through just had girls night in with makeovers, mani&pedis plus lots of junk food & good movies.
    I'm sorry wasnt much help...Good Luck!
    May those that love us, love us. And those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, May he turn their ankles. So we'll know them by their limping. ~Irish Toast my father said after prayer at Rehearsal Dinner!lol Love it! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I don't think a surprise on this one is a good idea. Maybe it's just me but doing things that the bride can't do (like alcohol) seems like a bad idea for a party in her honor. And do you really think a pregnant woman wants to be up all night? I really think you should ask her what sort of things she'd be up for.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_planning-bachelorette-party-save?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:e8ed73b5-b6cb-4d4c-9ca4-4ebe0157038fPost:06e8463e-4379-45e7-a92c-4011b780eceb">Re: Planning the bachelorette party - SAVE ME!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I don't think a surprise on this one is a good idea. Maybe it's just me but doing things that the bride can't do (like alcohol) seems like a bad idea for a party in her honor. And do you really think a pregnant woman wants to be up all night? I really think you should ask her what sort of things she'd be up for.
    Posted by sister2groom[/QUOTE]

Ditto this 100%

I think a nice dinner out with her girlfriends would be a good idea. Everyone would pay for themselves and then chip in and cover the bride's meal as well. Something fun and interactive like a fondue place or hibachi would be a good idea. Then maybe afterwards, you could go back to someone's house and have a lingerie party or a sextoy party for the bride. That way you're all still getting together for a nice evening, but it won't be expensive like renting a limo or going out to clubs at a VIP table or getting hotel rooms and there doesn't need to be alcohol involved since the bride can't drink but she can still have a nice night with her girls.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_planning-bachelorette-party-save?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:e8ed73b5-b6cb-4d4c-9ca4-4ebe0157038fPost:6e560c66-c7b8-4ebe-a9e0-b2bce210feed">Re: Planning the bachelorette party - SAVE ME!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Planning the bachelorette party - SAVE ME!!!! : Ditto this 100% <strong>I think a nice dinner out with her girlfriends would be a good idea. Everyone would pay for themselves and then chip in and cover the bride's meal as well. </strong>Something fun and interactive like a fondue place or hibachi would be a good idea. <strong>Then maybe afterwards, you could go back to someone's house and have a lingerie party or a sextoy party for the bride.</strong> That way you're all still getting together for a nice evening, but it won't be expensive like renting a limo or going out to clubs at a VIP table or getting hotel rooms and there doesn't need to be alcohol involved since the bride can't drink but she can still have a nice night with her girls.
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with a nice dinner and then hosting some kind of passion/pleasure party afterward. I have been to a few where the consultant even had little games within her presentation. Instead of alcohol you could always do the soda/sherbert punch.
    A and B
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tmwanyotmwanyo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think going to a nice dinner would be nice. What is her all time fav resturant? Make sure she orders dessert. Give her a couple of "adult" toys or some nice lingerie. Does she like the spa? Maybe a pedi and mani shed love. There are many things you can do on a budget and dont need the booze. And if she is very pregnant I doubt she will want to be up all night long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just so everyone knows, she wants a bachelorette party with strippers and things like that. She goes out to dinner all the time and we have sleepovers and watch movies enough to where it's not gonna be any different than normal. We want to surprise her a little because she's been a part of everything that's been planned so far and we want herto relax and not have to worry about this one.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_planning-bachelorette-party-save?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:e8ed73b5-b6cb-4d4c-9ca4-4ebe0157038fPost:439d3c0f-e14e-4264-badc-89ac7d3abd87">Re: Planning the bachelorette party - SAVE ME!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So Bride is pregnant? Well you could have one of the sugar & spice parties- "toy" party... Those are always fun a friend of mine had one for her bachelorette party & was lots of fun. I dont really know anything else never had to plan a bach party for a pregnant bride,,, guess that makes you get creative!lol If it was me I would try for the sugar & spice party & if that feel through just had girls night in with makeovers, mani&pedis plus lots of junk food & good movies. I'm sorry wasnt much help...Good Luck!
    Posted by llmasters81[/QUOTE]

What exactly is a sugar & party? I've never heard of it before.
  • llmasters81llmasters81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol I guess its just what they call lingerie & sex toy party around here...
    May those that love us, love us. And those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, May he turn their ankles. So we'll know them by their limping. ~Irish Toast my father said after prayer at Rehearsal Dinner!lol Love it! Photobucket
  • tracie&bentracie&ben member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked what my friends did, they asked if I had objections to anything specific, and then we chose a date together to make sure that they wouldn't interrupt anything else going on. Then they handled the rest. It wasn't stressful because they were doing it all, but I'm pretty sure if my friends did a suprise bacheloretty then i would worry if I was even going to have one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards