North Carolina-Outer Banks

Our Lady Of The Seas Catholic Church

Has anyone on here gotten married there? We are set on an OBX wedding but he is Catholic and it is very important to him to have both a beach and Catholic wedding. I went to the website and am quite pleased but I was just looking to see if anyone could give me a little more info about this parish. Especially if you were married here or have been to a wedding here.

Re: Our Lady Of The Seas Catholic Church

• rloseccorlosecco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well we are booked to have our wedding there but they are really particular and really difficult to work with.  But, they do send you the book of rules and everything ahead of time, so it is clear.  The biggest thing I recommend before booking with them is to make sure his priest is available to travel there and everything.  Where I am from if you get married at a church where you are not a member, you have to use that church's priest... Here it is the opposite, you have to bring your own.  You will also have to do all the prep with his priest as well.  I like the preparation process though.  They have rule about decorations and flowers but nothing that difficult to work with.  I just booked a florist to do all of it who has experience with the church (The Embellishers is the florist).  Otherwise, it is a beautiful, newer church.  You have to walk along the back of the church before you walk down the aisle because it is sort of orchestra shaped and the entry is to the side.  Hard to describe in words.  Oh yeah, for non-members there is a $750 required donation.

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards